Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like with the way they're seating the audience and the different camera angles it looks like the Impact Zone is a lot bigger on TV recently. They're doing a good job making it look like a real arena rather than a TV studio.

·
Registered
10,318 Posts
Its because they are using the side camrea that moves around more from a higher angle. If they had a proper stage set that had a theme to it and was much less messy.It would as well make the place look much bigger. With the stage being so confusing and just filled with random stuff.It makes the place look cramped. I would way rather have a more simple stage set that maybe is more unie. Theme to it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I just like the hot girl sitting in the center of the typical camera shot, you know the one bully pointed at on last week's show. ha.

·
The Middle Rope
2,451 Posts
Too cramped and cluttered. The stage is fat too big for the impact zone.

They need a set like this for the impact zone.

Nothing flashy but it does the job and still looks decent.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, a smaller stage and ramp would make sense for the Impact Zone. When they're on the road for Impact or PPVs they need to bring out the stage they used at BFG.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Nothing wrong with the stage they have now, it's one of the few things that makes the IZ looks half legit. Take that away then it's just a sound stage with around 1,000 every week.

One thing TNA does need to stop doing, and this is me saying this not just as a TNA fan, but someone who's worked in the media. They have to stop constantly going for the crane cam when it's swooping in down the right revealing the massive gaps between where the floor seats and the standing pit meets to the stands. If they can't rope in the visitors like they used to, then they need to limit that crane shot. Or at least only use it slightly zoomed in, so it doesn't show the huge gaps.

It's like at Lockdown, when the crane shot kept showing the massive empty spaces behind the few rows of floor seats on the hard cam side. Just terrible work by the guys in the truck that they aren't putting a stop to it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think that if TNA are going to stay in the Impact Zone it needs a new look. It just looks boring, awful and to big and chunky for a relativity small arena.

It needs to be small, but not to small and simple. The riser screens they've used on the road would be good, but with only two screens instead, and they should move the commentary table to where WWE have theirs.

It might cost alot but TNA really lacks in the production value..

And not only the stage, for example all ring ropes, entrance ramp/ring post decals, the titantron, ring skirts are blue, however the lighting on the crowd is for example yellow which just doesn't look good or match very well. All the lights in the Impact Zone should be the same colour blue, except for above the ring and commentator table

1 - 7 of 7 Posts