Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so we seem to currently have two stables in the WWE that are dominating the ranks, in separate ways, but they're both there doing their own thing, which is great ... however who do you think has the most momentum behind them?

I think The Shield have the advantage, due to being around longer, although it did feel they lost it slightly when The Wyatts came in, it's definitely picked back up more for The Shield, specially since they've pretty much become HHH's henchmen so to speak.

The Wyatts however, have also been having a pretty decent push, what with the vignettes, the angle with Kane and now Kofi, Bray getting the PPV matches too, they're both pretty solid stables also.

For me I prefer The Shield, as not only is each man exceptional at what they do, I just prefer everything about The Shield, where as The Wyatts I also feel are exceptional, the other two guys don't really stand out like Bray does (who is phenomenal at ring psychology and mic work too!), but I feel that although at first, it did seem like The Wyatt's were taking the spotlight when they came in, The Shield seemed to have regained it more, there was a small period where I felt The Shield (slightly) lost their momentum, but it was brief and picked back up for them also.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think The Wyatt's should be getting a bigger push? Maybe you feel The Wyatt's push is stronger than The Shield's? and also, do you think there will come a time when The Shield and The Wyatt's will clash?

I thought this could be an interesting topic of debate, so would be cool to hear some of you guys views here in regards to both these stables and their presence in the WWE right now. :)

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When they collide it will be a huge mark out moment, wonder who will be the faces/heels in the situation
Hopefully a classic heel vs heel moment!

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
This shouldn't happen.... Shield should break up soon. Well maybe not real soon but after WM I think they should.

As for the Wyatts.... They NEED Kane to join them. Not only it'll make the Wyatts more over, but it gives Kane something new and fresh. He's been stale ever since his fued with Randy Orton over a year ago.

·
Butter My Arse
11,987 Posts
This shouldn't happen.... Shield should break up soon. Well maybe not real soon but after WM I think they should.

As for the Wyatts.... They NEED Kane to join them. Not only it'll make the Wyatts more over, but it gives Kane something new and fresh. He's been stale ever since his fued with Randy Orton over a year ago.
I've always thought that Kane should be the reluctant fourth member of The Wyatts. The one who gets pushed around and told what to do by the other three, while at the same time raising hell and destroying everything in his path. A bit like when he was a member of the Corporation in early 1999.

Eventually, Wyatt will feel that Kane is not living up to expectations, and this will cause Kane to lose his shit and attack all three of them.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I think both are great. Like... exceptionally great and are the main reasons I have been watching as of late. I'd say that even though I prefer the Wyatts, the Shield have more momentum by default due to them being involved in the main event and having been around for a lot longer.

With that said, if the Wyatts decided they were going to take on The Shield, plus Triple H, plus the Big Show, the way in which the Wyatts have been portrayed would lead you believe they had more than a chance of coming out the victors. They're fucking demonic and other worldly in a WWE currently holding its foundation in reality. They stand out so much because of it. You've got two guys the size of fucking Kane in there plus their twisted leader, they're just monstrous.

I've also notice that both groups really play their parts. By this point it's clear with the Shield that although they work as a group they are all incredible individual performers soaking up every moment. The same is true with the Wyatts. Although Wyatt is the standout (which is hard not to be as he is the clearcut leader of the faction where as the shield all consider themselves equal) Harper and Rowan play their parts phenomenally well. You can see it in the little things that they do. In how one controls the other. They way that they hang on the words of their master.

They're both awesome and the future of the company.

·
Registered
8,560 Posts
I've yet to see a good match involving the Wyatts. Shield have good matches on a weekly basis. That's the real gap from my point of view.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Still have yet to see what people see in the Wyatts. If being weird is enough to earn a push others would be doing it. Every time Bray talks after a match, the crowd looks like they are collectively saying "wtf?".

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
I'm a fan of both teams. Currently the Wyatt's are still being introduced to the WWE universe. The Shield have now moved beyond that original stage have been added to the main storyline. The Wyatt's on he other hand will keep doing what they are probably until after RR where they will get a major story leading into WM... That or Kane will return sooner than later

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
i'd like to see the wyatts against the shield just because having a threat to the corporation that isn't big show's hormones would be awesome

have the wyatts start being weird to randy orton, kane comes back and destroys whoever bray tells him to and triple h can't stop it, the shield is all that stands between wwe and the children of the corn or whatever

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I don't think creative has any idea on what to do with the Wyatt family. His gimmick is awesome and his followers make him creepy. But it just seems like they have no idea on what to do with them. Kane should come back as a "follower" because it will give Bray more power and proves he's more than why meets the eye. Off topic but Rowan has an incredible clothesline. Like JBL level.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I've yet to see a good match involving the Wyatts. Shield have good matches on a weekly basis. That's the real gap from my point of view.

We are literally not even 24 hours removed from a GREAT match involving Bray Wyatt........ And have you seen the squashes Harper and Rowan have been involved in? DAT CLOTHESLINE. Can't wait to see them in longer matches. They're all such good players to have in the storytelling element of a match.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I'm a fan of both, but The Shield definitely have more momentum atm, I would love to see a feud between them.

·
Registered
727 Posts
They have definitely not given the Wyatt Family the same kind of push they have given the Shield...those guys got a lot more TV time, mostly by virtue of their wrestling ability (we will probably not see a lot of 20 minute long Wyatt Family 6-man tags whereas the Shield was doing those all the time), but they also were just facing off against higher profile opponents.

I love the Wyatt Family from all their NXT stuff, but I feel they have really kind of dropped the ball on using them on the main roster. It's nothing that can't be fixed with some strong booking and storylines, but they just seem so directionless now. Remember earlier this year when there was the news bit saying they wanted to really avoid bringing up guys unless there is a storyline in place? Surely they should have meant more than the Kane stuff? Because all that happened was they showed up, pestered Kane, beat up some jobbers, then beat up Kane and injured him.

OK, sure. And maybe this is leading to Kane joining the Family or something. But right now it seems like it went nowhere and they've been even more directionless since then. This little Kofi feud seems pointless and like it's just something for Wyatt to do. They are also wasting Luke Harper's in ring talent - this dude can go, let him have a singles match with Kofi on Main Event or something.

A feud with the Shield would definitely shake things up and I would of course love to see it (a Seth Rollins/Luke Harper match would be sick). But I don't think either team is turning face anytime soon.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmmm, yeah, I think The Shield are getting the bigger push aren't they and have continued to do so, regardless of The Wyatt's being there now.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I vastly prefer The Shield but I really like what the Wyatt's are doing now. The whole "they will all fall one by one" thing is awesome and I hope they go through the midcard that way and work their way up.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Wyatts havent have a good match like the shield have had.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts