Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Everyone acts like the wwe is so far down the drain that its almost unfixable. I think it could be fixed with a few simple steps:

1. End the brand split...its pretty much pointless and it gets confusing as to why a Smackdown guy gets a raw title shot and vice versa...

2. Merge the belts: No need to all these titles. WWE got it right when the merged the womans titles. You wanna know why Smackdown attendance is down? Because they only get Orton(pre suspension), Sheamus and Daniel Bryan as there top stars...raw on the other hand gets :JOHN CENA, CM Punk, Big Show,PLUS all the smackdown guys. I think the wrestling on SD is better, but the star power is horrible. Its like wcw 2000 vs WWF 2000.

3.Turn Cena fully heel to face off against Punk, by doing this you let Punk take over the top spot as a face. Yes you might lose some merchandise sells from Cena, but its only in the short term. You can turn him back face pretty easily. Also this allows Sheamus to be the clear number 2 face and you can breed him to be THE guy after two years. Also turn Orton heel please.

4.Cut the dead meat: Lord Tensai has been a bust. He deserves better. Just have him go back to Japan. Also bring back the cruiser title or just release Hunico,Slater,Gabriel,Kidd etc.

5. Cut Rey Mysterio. I love the guy since wcw but hes always hurt and cant perform upto par. Plus when he comes back, he takes the top spot from someone whose a full timer.

6. If you bring back a past legend, make them put over a talent. The whole thing with ROck/Cena was horseshit and it made your biggest star look 2nd rate. Now whats wwe got to show for that year long feud? NOTHING. Plus it looks like Cena/Rock 2 wont happen and if it does it wont matter because Rock cant promote it as well.

·
Stealing the Show
7,428 Posts
Everyone acts like the wwe is so far down the drain that its almost unfixable.
another year or so at the current rate, and it will be unfixable bro. If they continue to ignore the need to built talent, and groom guys to fill the shoes of guys like Cena, Orton, Punk, Taker, Triple H, etc. Then they will truly be just another promotion. The WWE is seriously walking an incredibly fine line right now, with no fucking safety net.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
Many here have been saying it for years and Punk himself basically said it last summer. Nothing really changed so... I want to hope but they seem blind to the fact they are on the brink of destruction.

·
Registered
207 Posts
And for the 21st tumor, the WWE Network will definitely qualify. If the network fails, it will be disastrous for the WWE with this article's information in mind.

·
Registered
207 Posts
One thing that struck me was who WWE wants to push rather than the fans. As the article mentions, Shelton Benjamin didn't really delve into the main event scene due to WWE's stance that he had poor mic skills. But based on his pure athleticism and background, it appealed to the fans (don't deny his ladder spot at Wrestlemania 24 didn't get a reaction or the countless other spots). Chris Benoit had terrible mic skills (let's be honest), but his wrestling pretty much spoke as a medium for his charisma. And yet...

WWE pushed Bobby Lashley, who had atrocious mic skills, to the moon, a direct contradiction to their prior stance on Benjamin. Benjamin unequivocally has greater athleticism and talent than Lashley, but yet, WWE seemed hell bent on pushing the one-dimensional Lashley with a recycled, boring feud against a dying character (Mr. McMahon). Unfortunately for them, Lashley got injured and wanted to leave. Really sucks WWE when your one-dimensional characters leave even though they never revolutionized the ratings along due to their staleness.

·
Registered
36 Posts
this sums up everything people have been saying and then some. i love that he brought the numbers game into it as well. and honestly its ironic that people on here say "why do you always talk about the attitude era, fuck the attitude era, blah blah blah" but i bet once they read that and actually assess it they will only have 2 words "holy shit". awesome article and awesome points. and thats coming from an orton fan lol

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Agreed nearly 100% with everything. Someone should send this to the WWE. Spam it on FB and Twitter until they get the freaking point.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
can someone please post what was there like copy/paste cuz link dont work for me it says this page does not exist or is currently unavailable

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
can someone please post what was there like copy/paste cuz link dont work for me it says this page does not exist or is currently unavailable
The article is way to long to copy and paste it here. It took my like 20 minutes to read everything, its 28 or so pages of stuff.. although the later pages are only like a paragraph or two the first are sorta long.

It was a great ready by the way thanks for sharing

21 - 40 of 63 Posts