Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I assume this topic has been discussed before in the past...but I am fairy new to the board and didn't find anything in the search.

Why does the WWE not recognize Owen Hart as a former WWE World Champion? According to this video he is...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akmzr6CVl3g&feature=related

Some people say that because this was a house show filmed for a Coliseum Home Video it was not really official....which is BS, why? Diesel beat Bob Backlund at a non-televised house show to win the WWE title and that counted.

I'm conufused...

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Not entirely sure but I would guess it was because they decided not to give him the go ahead for a real reign and just ignored it. It's happened before, Bob Backlund dropped the title on one occasion (possibly two) prior to losing it the Iron Shiek but they aren't officially recognised. The Rockers won the tag-titles but that was scrapped and never mentioned on tv or recognised by WWE.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The match was restarted due to outside interference and Bret ended up winning...

Owen deserved a run though

·
1/100
7,728 Posts
Allegedly, what that doesn't show you is minutes later the match is restarted and Bret won. It's not like he won it at a house show and flipped it back to Bret the next night so it really shouldn't count

LOL....really? FAIL by Vince. How many times in WWE history have you seen a wrestler win the WWE title by outside interference?
Think of it like the time Jericho *beat* HHH in 2000, or when Benoit *beat* the Rock at Fully Loaded 2000 or when Benoit *won* at Unforgiven 2000 or when RVD *won* the Unidisputed title in 03.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
It should have counted.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I think they restarted the match due to Anvil's interferance. Owen deserved the title for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts