Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,075 Posts
So you're saying Rhea, Shayna, Adam Cole(bay bay), Balor, Ciampa and Ridddle can't cut a promo, or you're disinterested in hearing them?
None of them are genuine, quality promo talents. They can talk coherently enough, but none of them know how to really cut a promo, how to convey emotion, how to be intense when needed, calm when needed. How to cut different kinds of promos, how to cut babyface promos and then cut a heel promo. They speak monotonously, and that's about it.

·
Registered
682 Posts
None of them are genuine, quality promo talents. They can talk coherently enough, but none of them know how to really cut a promo, how to convey emotion, how to be intense when needed, calm when needed. How to cut different kinds of promos, how to cut babyface promos and then cut a heel promo. They speak monotonously, and that's about it.
Yeah I think very few guys in the industry have that sort of a command (not named Austin, Rock, Punk or Foley). Sami Zayn, Elias, Miz, and Eli Drake come to mind.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,075 Posts
Yeah I think very few guys in the industry have that sort of a command (not named Austin, Rock, Punk or Foley). Sami Zayn, Elias, Miz, and Eli Drake come to mind.
The frustrating thing is at least within the WWE promo talent means nothing. Most of the people who can actual cut a promo are irrelevant jobbers.

·
Registered
682 Posts
The frustrating thing is at least within the WWE promo talent means nothing. Most of the people who can actual cut a promo are irrelevant jobbers.
And a shame really. I don't mind Ali and Gable,who aren't atrocious on the mic, or spot monkeys, since Ali is a high flier and has a unique look and doesn't spam superkicks, is relatable as an underdog. Gable is an amazing talent and once again a relatable underdog, and has a personality. (Unlike Ricochet, Humberto Carillo).

But Elias, Sami Zayn are criminally underused/relegated to an irrelevant role on TV, just like the Miz. And instead who do they push? Kofi Kingston, an overrated goofy Bray Wyatt whose matches suck(and is boring and [email protected] funhouse), Baron Corbin... Disgusting. And I actually like Corbin, but not an overpushed one with an atrocious King Corbin gimmick. He didn't even need it. They should've done a Gable heel turn and tried to replicate the Kurt Angle KOTR heel goofy schtick, whilst simultaneously having him wrestle intense matches and kick ass and make Baron Corbin tap out.

Elias and Zayn should've been used too, especially instead of the flop Nakamura (and I like Nak, but the guy is a flop).

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Undertaker will still be wrestling at Wrestlemania's or Saudi shows. Same for Triple HGH.

Rollins and Reigns will still be the top guys. Lesnar will be making even less appearances than now.

Lynch will still be the top female.

WWE/Smackdown will lose their Fox deal because of trash ratings. Smackdown will return to USA. NXT will return back to the WWE Network exclusive and will be kicked out off USA.

Vince will still be running things.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
My own thoughts:

1) Disney will own WWE, with either Stephanie McMahon or HHH running the new sports entertainment division.

2) Adam Cole, Matt Riddle, and Keith Lee are your main event wrestlers, with Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins in recurring spots like Randy Orton. MJF and Moxley have both joined the company but are not top tier

3) Roster composition is nearly 50/50, and the company is discussing an eventual merge of both the men’s and women’s division into one inter gender division. But that is still a few years away

4) John Cena is retired and has only wrestled one match in five years. Undertaker, Lesnar, Sheamus, and Styles are retired. Samoa Joe is retired and is now a top commentator

5) Smackdown is a WWE Network exclusive following the conclusion of the FOX deal. NXT and RAW remain on USA.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Far less in ring wrestling. "Wrestling" won't be said as much. WWE, Entertainment will be.

Two extremes...
1. More of a pre-taped show. TMZ influenced like some one just happened to be there with a camera... Social media will be even more used... So I can envision skits or segments that were recorded of people fighting at restaurants, stores, etc because one person found out another was there thru a social post. Instead of a cage match, they start in a lobby of hotel and have to get to top floor where the belt is in the VIP suit. car chases. Maybe using weapons. Basically action packed , like the action in a movie but with out a plot. Yet, I still see people paying for tickets to go and just watching it all on some screen.

2. I'm surprised Vince isn't already doing this. WWE version of Marvel Universe Live. A while back I saw Dolly Parton's Stampede in Branson, MO. It made me think of a wrestling show with this format in place. Arena with fans in seats, show is on floor with people coming from rafters and hidden ground trap doors. After getting on the internet, I came across Marvel Universe Live. I can see WWE doing this. Fans sitting in an arena watching a performance with out a ring. Good guys vs Bad guys. Heroes vs Villains. RAW vs Smackdown vs NXT chaos where they just ran around doing what ever... this is where I see this headed.

3. Adding this.. I agree with some one from earlier that women will be over 50% of roster. Women and men fighting each other. I will also add, every movie that comes out getting to have that character come win a match. The "guest host" idea seemed to be like this. I'm trying to say, Friday the 13th comes out... Jason whoops some one. Predator... that alien shows up body slamming folks. Men in Black... they win some tag match. I'M NOT SAYING THIS IS A GOOD THING!!!!

·
Banned
495 Posts
Sheid Khan will buy once WWE crumbles under pressure and become a ratings failure because of McMahon's stubbornness and inability to adapt and adjust.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts