Wrestling Forum banner

The WWE of 2025?

2K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  Gh0stFace 
#1 ·
Serious question, as the viability of WWE has a large bearing on the industry as a whole. Where do you think the company will be in 2025? Who do you think the top stars will be (Matt Riddle? Keith Lee? Someone from AEW)? Will WWE be as big or bigger five years from now?

#2 ·
It will either be the exact same or worse. Roman and Seth will probably still be top guys. It'll be the same with NXT guys coming up only to get misused by Vince and put in catering for the next 10 years.

Unless Vince dies within the next 5 years, then it can go either way depending on whether Steph or HHH has final say.

#3 ·
kalisto will have finally achieved his full potential as fotc and other main eventers will be reigns and rollins still ofc,wyatt,drake maverick and layla el

Reactions: 368634
#5 · (Edited)
The product will be characterized by three things, but it will be way worse/more extreme than it already is in 2019 based on those three things:-

1)A bunch of women all over the damn show, some cute normal women like Mandy Rose, cute petite tiny women, petite short Asian women, ugly women, ugly tall women, tall testosteronized He-Women(Rhea Ripley), tall testosteronized ugly boring women (Shayna Bazsler). You get the point. At least 50% of the roster COULD be women, I'm not kidding. Unless of course, there's a fan backlash or viewers stop watching WWE(world women's entertainment) by hundreds of thousands to a Million. I know I would.

2)A bunch of bland,boring, short guys who weigh 180 lbs(or less) and have arms less muscular and smaller than freakin' Jungle Boy and freakin' Rhea Ripley(Adam Cole Bay Bay!)

3)Most of those will be charisma vacuum spot monkeys like Ricochet and Young Bucks. A guy like Elias will be hard to come by.

As a result of that,

1)The WWE will resemble The Walking Dead with it's garbage actors/femcentric storyline/dreadful characters in Season10, versus when it was actually good. Meaning, fewer people will consume it than ever, and they'll be like those TWD comic con nerds who will never give up on the show no matter how awful it gets. A niche. A few hundred thousand/1M at best.

I think AEW already is a garbage product two months into its inception. A "FREAK" show with spot monkeys like Young Bucks, Private Party, midgets, Darby Allin, Japanese women wrestlers, Nyla Rose, Jungle Boy, Orange Cassidy, Dark Order...the list goes on. It's like a niche little thing like TWD's comic con really, except 800K weekly viewers seem to be into it.

Oh, and TWD is already drawing 3.21M viewers in 2019. The WWE, barely 2.2M.

2)The WWE will struggle to draw 1.5 M(or even 1M) viewers for Raw/SD, struggle to sell tickets and it'll be harder and harder to have another big name like Brock Lesnar. Orton, Cena and Roman will become what Taker, HHH, Rock, and Brock were between 2011-2018 as far as "Wrestlemania" is concerned. Probably AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan too, assuming they can still wrestle and injuries don't permanently retire them.

#9 ·
The product will be characterized by three things, but it will be way worse/more extreme than it already is in 2019 based on those three things:-

1)A bunch of women all over the damn show, some cute normal women like Mandy Rose, cute petite tiny women, petite short Asian women, ugly women, ugly tall women, tall testosteronized He-Women(Rhea Ripley), tall testosteronized ugly boring women (Shayna Bazsler). You get the point. At least 50% of the roster COULD be women, I'm not kidding. Unless of course, there's a fan backlash or viewers stop watching WWE(world women's entertainment) by hundreds of thousands to a Million. I know I would.

2)A bunch of bland,boring, short guys who weigh 180 lbs(or less) and have arms less muscular and smaller than freakin' Jungle Boy and freakin' Rhea Ripley(Adam Cole Bay Bay!)
It's a distinct possibility. If you have that truly as your roster, there is a strong case that will be made that the men's and women's divisions are obsolescent, and that the next stage of sports entertainment should be a merged, single roster.

Adam Cole vs Rhea Ripley, main event of WrestleMania 40?

#6 ·
The Big Dog and Seth Rollins still the top guys and at the main event, but closer to retirement, WWE having lower ratings than now, HHH introducing a new set of "workhorses" having taken over from Vince and fills the entire show with "workhorses" wrestling all across the show and promos highly irrelevant apart from the occasional necessity to challenge someone.

#12 ·
It will fall apart under its own bloated weight and inability to adapt and change for the future. It will still be around, but in the diminished state

Reactions: LongPig666
#16 ·
2025 is after their next tv deal, so they're either not going to be renewed by Fox or USA, because the ratings are so low, which will effectively kill them, forcing them to shop around to networks like Impact is on, or they'll somehow luck into an even bigger tv deal, despite declining numbers, and making more money than ever before. My money is on the latter because WWE seems to just be a cat with 50 lives that never rues the consequences of their actions.

As for what it looks like, Asuka will be retired, so it will be DRAMATICALLY less interesting than it is now. Rollins and Roman will be nearing their 40's, I'd hope that means they wind down as top guys but I look at what WWE's done with AJ until literally a few months ago and I don't really believe it. Matt Riddle will probably be like a 3 time world champion or something goofy.

#19 ·
Unless some miracle happens it'll be worse, much worse.

When the likes of Miz, Joe, Wyatt, Owens, etc have retired there will be no good mic workers to replace them. NXT doesn't have a single genuine promo talent at all, and its not likely they'll find anyone either as most Wrestlers thesedays just focus on spot monkey shit and ignore all the other numerous aspects of Pro Wrestling. So its just goign to keep getting worse and worse until Pro Wrestling is basically dead and we're just left with some weird gymnastics contests.

#25 ·
Undertaker will still be wrestling at Wrestlemania's or Saudi shows. Same for Triple HGH.

Rollins and Reigns will still be the top guys. Lesnar will be making even less appearances than now.

Lynch will still be the top female.

WWE/Smackdown will lose their Fox deal because of trash ratings. Smackdown will return to USA. NXT will return back to the WWE Network exclusive and will be kicked out off USA.

Vince will still be running things.

#26 ·
My own thoughts:

1) Disney will own WWE, with either Stephanie McMahon or HHH running the new sports entertainment division.

2) Adam Cole, Matt Riddle, and Keith Lee are your main event wrestlers, with Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins in recurring spots like Randy Orton. MJF and Moxley have both joined the company but are not top tier

3) Roster composition is nearly 50/50, and the company is discussing an eventual merge of both the men’s and women’s division into one inter gender division. But that is still a few years away

4) John Cena is retired and has only wrestled one match in five years. Undertaker, Lesnar, Sheamus, and Styles are retired. Samoa Joe is retired and is now a top commentator

5) Smackdown is a WWE Network exclusive following the conclusion of the FOX deal. NXT and RAW remain on USA.

#28 ·
Far less in ring wrestling. "Wrestling" won't be said as much. WWE, Entertainment will be.

Two extremes...
1. More of a pre-taped show. TMZ influenced like some one just happened to be there with a camera... Social media will be even more used... So I can envision skits or segments that were recorded of people fighting at restaurants, stores, etc because one person found out another was there thru a social post. Instead of a cage match, they start in a lobby of hotel and have to get to top floor where the belt is in the VIP suit. car chases. Maybe using weapons. Basically action packed , like the action in a movie but with out a plot. Yet, I still see people paying for tickets to go and just watching it all on some screen.

2. I'm surprised Vince isn't already doing this. WWE version of Marvel Universe Live. A while back I saw Dolly Parton's Stampede in Branson, MO. It made me think of a wrestling show with this format in place. Arena with fans in seats, show is on floor with people coming from rafters and hidden ground trap doors. After getting on the internet, I came across Marvel Universe Live. I can see WWE doing this. Fans sitting in an arena watching a performance with out a ring. Good guys vs Bad guys. Heroes vs Villains. RAW vs Smackdown vs NXT chaos where they just ran around doing what ever... this is where I see this headed.

3. Adding this.. I agree with some one from earlier that women will be over 50% of roster. Women and men fighting each other. I will also add, every movie that comes out getting to have that character come win a match. The "guest host" idea seemed to be like this. I'm trying to say, Friday the 13th comes out... Jason whoops some one. Predator... that alien shows up body slamming folks. Men in Black... they win some tag match. I'M NOT SAYING THIS IS A GOOD THING!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.