Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serious question, as the viability of WWE has a large bearing on the industry as a whole. Where do you think the company will be in 2025? Who do you think the top stars will be (Matt Riddle? Keith Lee? Someone from AEW)? Will WWE be as big or bigger five years from now?

·
Angry at refs
2,829 Posts
It will either be the exact same or worse. Roman and Seth will probably still be top guys. It'll be the same with NXT guys coming up only to get misused by Vince and put in catering for the next 10 years.

Unless Vince dies within the next 5 years, then it can go either way depending on whether Steph or HHH has final say.

·
Banned
499 Posts
kalisto will have finally achieved his full potential as fotc and other main eventers will be reigns and rollins still ofc,wyatt,drake maverick and layla el

·
The Fresh Prince Is Back On His Throne!
11,554 Posts
It will either be the exact same or worse. Roman and Seth will probably still be top guys. It'll be the same with NXT guys coming up only to get misused by Vince and put in catering for the next 10 years.

Unless Vince dies within the next 5 years, then it can go either way depending on whether Steph or HHH has final say.
Joe Anoa’i and Colby Lopez will be about 40 in 2025, I’d imagine they will be playing the role that Randal Orton is these days by then.

·
Registered
682 Posts
The product will be characterized by three things, but it will be way worse/more extreme than it already is in 2019 based on those three things:-

1)A bunch of women all over the damn show, some cute normal women like Mandy Rose, cute petite tiny women, petite short Asian women, ugly women, ugly tall women, tall testosteronized He-Women(Rhea Ripley), tall testosteronized ugly boring women (Shayna Bazsler). You get the point. At least 50% of the roster COULD be women, I'm not kidding. Unless of course, there's a fan backlash or viewers stop watching WWE(world women's entertainment) by hundreds of thousands to a Million. I know I would.

2)A bunch of bland,boring, short guys who weigh 180 lbs(or less) and have arms less muscular and smaller than freakin' Jungle Boy and freakin' Rhea Ripley(Adam Cole Bay Bay!)

3)Most of those will be charisma vacuum spot monkeys like Ricochet and Young Bucks. A guy like Elias will be hard to come by.

As a result of that,

1)The WWE will resemble The Walking Dead with it's garbage actors/femcentric storyline/dreadful characters in Season10, versus when it was actually good. Meaning, fewer people will consume it than ever, and they'll be like those TWD comic con nerds who will never give up on the show no matter how awful it gets. A niche. A few hundred thousand/1M at best.

I think AEW already is a garbage product two months into its inception. A "FREAK" show with spot monkeys like Young Bucks, Private Party, midgets, Darby Allin, Japanese women wrestlers, Nyla Rose, Jungle Boy, Orange Cassidy, Dark Order...the list goes on. It's like a niche little thing like TWD's comic con really, except 800K weekly viewers seem to be into it.

Oh, and TWD is already drawing 3.21M viewers in 2019. The WWE, barely 2.2M.

2)The WWE will struggle to draw 1.5 M(or even 1M) viewers for Raw/SD, struggle to sell tickets and it'll be harder and harder to have another big name like Brock Lesnar. Orton, Cena and Roman will become what Taker, HHH, Rock, and Brock were between 2011-2018 as far as "Wrestlemania" is concerned. Probably AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan too, assuming they can still wrestle and injuries don't permanently retire them.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
The Big Dog and Seth Rollins still the top guys and at the main event, but closer to retirement, WWE having lower ratings than now, HHH introducing a new set of "workhorses" having taken over from Vince and fills the entire show with "workhorses" wrestling all across the show and promos highly irrelevant apart from the occasional necessity to challenge someone.

·
Registered
14,593 Posts
Wrestemania will be 40 that year and Vince will be 80, could be a yr. to watch. Hard to believe it's just 6 yrs. away.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The product will be characterized by three things, but it will be way worse/more extreme than it already is in 2019 based on those three things:-

1)A bunch of women all over the damn show, some cute normal women like Mandy Rose, cute petite tiny women, petite short Asian women, ugly women, ugly tall women, tall testosteronized He-Women(Rhea Ripley), tall testosteronized ugly boring women (Shayna Bazsler). You get the point. At least 50% of the roster COULD be women, I'm not kidding. Unless of course, there's a fan backlash or viewers stop watching WWE(world women's entertainment) by hundreds of thousands to a Million. I know I would.

2)A bunch of bland,boring, short guys who weigh 180 lbs(or less) and have arms less muscular and smaller than freakin' Jungle Boy and freakin' Rhea Ripley(Adam Cole Bay Bay!)
It's a distinct possibility. If you have that truly as your roster, there is a strong case that will be made that the men's and women's divisions are obsolescent, and that the next stage of sports entertainment should be a merged, single roster.

Adam Cole vs Rhea Ripley, main event of WrestleMania 40?

·
Registered
682 Posts
It's a distinct possibility. If you have that truly as your roster, there is a strong case that will be made that the men's and women's divisions are obsolescent, and that the next stage of sports entertainment should be a merged, single roster.

Adam Cole vs Rhea Ripley, main event of WrestleMania 40?
Nah. But if such a day arrives and that's the mainevent of Wrestlemania, I'd rather be locked up in a cell for 10 days, a cellphone in my hands and earphones on, and watch ELLSWORTH vs GILLBERG over and over in a loop.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
WWE will be dead by then... I am a genius who can read the future based off numerology, and I know for a fact that AEW will put WWE out of business in the Summer of 2024

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
It will fall apart under its own bloated weight and inability to adapt and change for the future. It will still be around, but in the diminished state

·
Registered
323 Posts
Bayley will be ten time champ and will main event wrestlemania against Becky.

WWE will be sold to Disney. Smackdown will be cancelled and Raw will be doing just over a million views.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
2025 is after their next tv deal, so they're either not going to be renewed by Fox or USA, because the ratings are so low, which will effectively kill them, forcing them to shop around to networks like Impact is on, or they'll somehow luck into an even bigger tv deal, despite declining numbers, and making more money than ever before. My money is on the latter because WWE seems to just be a cat with 50 lives that never rues the consequences of their actions.

As for what it looks like, Asuka will be retired, so it will be DRAMATICALLY less interesting than it is now. Rollins and Roman will be nearing their 40's, I'd hope that means they wind down as top guys but I look at what WWE's done with AJ until literally a few months ago and I don't really believe it. Matt Riddle will probably be like a 3 time world champion or something goofy.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,075 Posts
Unless some miracle happens it'll be worse, much worse.

When the likes of Miz, Joe, Wyatt, Owens, etc have retired there will be no good mic workers to replace them. NXT doesn't have a single genuine promo talent at all, and its not likely they'll find anyone either as most Wrestlers thesedays just focus on spot monkey shit and ignore all the other numerous aspects of Pro Wrestling. So its just goign to keep getting worse and worse until Pro Wrestling is basically dead and we're just left with some weird gymnastics contests.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts