Wrestling Forum banner

The WWE needs a reboot

3386 Views 59 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  Zigglar
Its time for the WWE to do a reboot.

Since ratings are at an all time low the WWE needs a wake up call and needs to reboot their way of doing things. Its not that hard to fix either. Fixing the booking aside which is easy, just book like NXT where the storylines make sense and everyone feels important they need to go out with the old and in with the new.

Its time for guys like Taker, Kane, Henry, Big Show, etc etc to go. Its time to start building some new stars and make them feel important.

Reigns is the only guy they make feel like a big deal. They need to also do that to guys like Ambrose, Rollins , Owens, Cesaro, and Wyatt. Those 6 would be a great main event core to be the stars of the future for the main event.

The mid card could also be very strong with Balor, Zayn, Itami, Neville, and Breeze.

For the women just do what they have been in NXT but on the main roster, get rid of that ugly belt and make it like the classic women title and stop using the stupid term diva. Save that shit for the TV show.
The core stars of the women division should be Sasha, Becky, Charollote, Paige, Asuka and Baley.

The tag team division is stacked right now and all you need to do is stop making random tag team matches and only book real tag team matches with established tag teams.

Also go back to having jobbers and enhancement matches. You shouldn't be having matches especially before a PPV with two wresters that need a win. The roster is full of wresters just use the bottom third as jobbers.
This is guys like Ryder, Slater, Truth, Rose, Fandango, Dallas, and Axel.

It was stupid when two PPVs ago Ryback lost a match on Raw right before his title match with Owens. He should have faced someone like Slater or one of those other jobbers to build himself up before his title match.

They just need to focus on 3 or 4 feuds per month instead of just one feud and then give everyone else 50/50 booking and basically pulling names out of a hat for the rest of the PPV matches.

Within a few moths they could easily build new stars that people give a shit about and they would feel important. Any time one of these main stars loses it should feel like a big deal.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

· Banned
13,624 Posts
Na

just 1 man needs to take over and things will be better

:HHH2

· Premium Member
39,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Na

just 1 man needs to take over and things will be better

:HHH2
They have proven that doesnt work. And Reigns is supposed to be that guy and he is the main focus and ratings plummeted.

The WWE has always been better when more than one wrestler was the focus.

One of the best times in the WWE was when you had the smackdown six

The new six on the mens side could be Reigns, Ambrose, Rollins, Owens, Cesaro, and Wyatt.

that is much better than putting all your eggs in one basket on one wrester whomever that is.

· Registered
4,263 Posts
A reboot isn't bringing up new talent. It's transforming the way the shows are produced, the way the storylines are written, and how the payoffs are carried out. It's completely changing all the fans views in a positive way. You can bring back all the part timers and NXT guys you want but at the end of the day it's still the same product. Just different faces.

· Premium Member
39,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
A reboot isn't bringing up new talent. It's transforming the way the shows are produced, the way the storylines are written, and how the payoffs are carried out. It's completely changing all the fans views in a positive way. You can bring back all the part timers and NXT guys you want but at the end of the day it's still the same product. Just different faces.
that is exactly what I outlined. Did you not read my whole post? Go back and read THE WHOLE POST.

here is the cliff notes version since you seem to have a comprehension problem.

Get rid of the over the kill wresters.
Push new talent and stars and not don't just focus on one person, focus on a core of stars
stop hoping random tag matches and just focus on legit tag teams.
bring back jobbers and enchantment talent so you don't have wresters taking pins when both need a win
I reworked the women division

so how is that just calling up new wresters ? That was just a small part of what I said and that was just to fill in the older talent leaving

· Registered
5,307 Posts
A reboot can also includes presentation. Raw doesn't feel RAW like it 8 years ago. The stage, music, all gotta go. New commentary. And yes as stupid as this sounds the PG/G-rated, kid/family friendly format needs to go away. It hasn't worked and is a reason for these numbers. Edginess and violence sell. They survived w/o sponsorship in the AE.

· Registered
921 Posts
that is exactly what I outlined. Did you not read my whole post? Go back and read THE WHOLE POST.

here is the cliff notes version since you seem to have a comprehension problem.

Get rid of the over the kill wresters.
Push new talent and stars and not don't just focus on one person, focus on a core of stars
stop hoping random tag matches and just focus on legit tag teams.
bring back jobbers and enchantment talent so you don't have wresters taking pins when both need a win
I reworked the women division

so how is that just calling up new wresters ? That was just a small part of what I said and that was just to fill in the older talent leaving
That's not a re-boot. You are just shuffling the deck, which is necessary, but not a re-boot. The show needs both, major production change and major booking changes. Nothing is working right now.

· Registered
4,263 Posts
Yeah, I read all of your post and most of it is terrible.

Here's how it read...

- Have a bunch of squash matches
- Anyone over 6'0" and 200 lbs have to go
- Only have "official" tag teams in tag matches and never put singles wrestlers in tag matches
- Build up stars from the mid-card but also get rid of half the mid-card and turn them into full time jobbers
- Go home Raws/SDs should feature squash matches for wrestlers that are going to lose their PPV match
- Only book about 3 feuds at a time

Pretty much everything you're suggesting is what is already being done or is actually worse than what's being done right now.

· Registered
37,516 Posts
It would be funny if they did a serious gritty reboot. Go off TV for a few weeks. We come back everyone is different

Ambrose is now a Cincinnati degenerate criminal. Trying to fly the straight path through wrestling. But his Parole officer Hunter McMahon who also runs the place won't make that transition to easy.

Reigns is now Roman Anoa'i the
young cocky heir to the Anoa'i wrestling fortune with his right hand men his cousins Jimmy, Jey and his big bottom wife Trinity. You will love him and you will watch him. Or else

Kevin Owens is now Kevin Foley . Mick's estranged son with a chip on his shoulder to prove to the world, his old man, and his son he belongs on the big stage.

Adam Rose is now Adam Rose the biggest Molly dealer on the Western world. He's going to make you party whether you like it or not.

John Cena is now John Cena a man who time traveled a decade into the future trying to make sense of this crazy new world and why people seem not to like him anymore.

· Premium Member
39,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's not a re-boot. You are just shuffling the deck, which is necessary, but not a re-boot. The show needs both, major production change and major booking changes. Nothing is working right now.
Yes it is a reboot. Its totally changing the way the WWE is doing things now.

You are another person that didnt fully read what I said. I even went into booking changes LOL

I said they need to focus on more than one person. and make core group of top talent feel important
they need to bring back jobbers so you don't have top guys losing to each other before PPVs.
I said they need to stop having useless tag team matches and just have tag matches of legitimate tag teams.

How is that not booking?

· Banned
13,624 Posts
OP next time look up what a re boot means before you post about a Re boot

Thanks
Stone Hot

Reactions: The_Kliq

· Registered
921 Posts
Yes it is a reboot. Its totally changing the way the WWE is doing things now.

You are another person that didnt fully read what I said. I even went into booking changes LOL

I said they need to focus on more than one person. and make core group of top talent feel important
they need to bring back jobbers so you don't have top guys losing to each other before PPVs.
I said they need to stop having useless tag team matches and just have tag matches of legitimate tag teams.

How is that not booking?
Your reading comprehension skills are not very good, and you still don't understand what a re-boot is.

Carry on.

· Oh My Goddess
5,107 Posts
1. Make the big six (Shield trio, KO, Cesaro, Bray) into a big seven by adding Rusev

and

2. Take out starpower lacking Charlotte for Bliss

and we have a deal.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.