Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just browsing through WWE's new picture gallery showcasing ALL the former WWE Tag Team Champions...and once again Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle is excluded. I did see other photos of tag team title wins and Kurt was there but not Chris. I know there is a lot of debates on him being recognized or not by the WWE due to his actions, I'm not saying I condone what Chris did and I still think he was beyond terrible to do what he did (If he did it, I wasn't there so can't say for sure) but Chris Benoit did A LOT for the WWE and the fans. He was one of the best and deserves recognition for what he did in the ring.
In the beginning I understood excluding Chris from video footage and pictures on TV, but completely wiping him from the WWE history isn't right. Chris Benoit is one of the reasons why the WWE made so much money and got so many viewers from 2000 and on in my opinion. I'm not saying I expect a DVD to be made about him or anything but it just makes me very sad to see no recognition for what he did for the company and his fans. I know what happened was horrible but I think his actions outside the ring should be separated from his actions inside the ring.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
I hate when they do that. But at least Benoit and Angle was not the only exclusion. All of Rey's reigns with Eddie, Edge and RVD were not showcased.

There are still shitload of Benoit pictures left, though. And they have the mentions left in place whenever it matters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.