Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Skol mofo's!!
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The WWE is back! Well almost. Ive been watching wrestling since I was a kid growing up on Hulk Hogan all the way through to the Attitue Era until the invasion. Its been 10 years since i watched wrestling and just started watching again back in febuary when HBK came back. So im just saying as an "old" school wrestling fan the WWE has so much potential to be great, but it feels like the people running the show dont know what the fans want. its like their so close, but they just blow it. Simply what the WWE needs is...Wrestling. Promos have been way to long from what ive seen and they drag on from week to week. some are good dont get me wrong, but I just want to see a fucking wrestling match. I mean atleast give me a 5 minute match on RAW. All I see on RAW is just promotion for the next PPV and all WWE's other stuff. For example last week Kane was to wrestle zack ryder i thought hey u know thats a good match they should give them some time but no Kane squashes him and cuts a promo for Orton or whatever. I get it trust me. u need to make Kane look like a monster and promote for extreme rules, but give the guys 5 minutes atleast! And I know theres another thread for that 3 stooges shit but god damn that was awful and a waste of time. all that time they wasted on the 3 stooges they coud of had a great mid-card match and let some of those guys like Ziggler, Rhodes, or the Miz go out there and put on a show! they just waste a lot of time on stupid shit that nobody cares about when they can let these guys showcase their skills on National TV. Ok I really dont care, ive been reading on here for a couple of months and some people on here actually know what their talking about and make great points and others are... So heres my First Post of Death. like it, dont like it i dont care.

Arite so heres the question to everybody. What does the WWE need to do to improve in your opinion?

P.S. Lord Tensai is a joke. That is all.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Sorry but Lesnar is gonna take up all time air time that could be used for matches.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,420 Posts
The WWE is back! Well almost. Ive been watching wrestling since I was a kid growing up on Hulk Hogan all the way through to the Attitue Era until the invasion. Its been 10 years since i watched wrestling and just started watching again back in febuary when HBK came back. So im just saying as an "old" school wrestling fan the WWE has so much potential to be great, but it feels like the people running the show dont know what the fans want. its like their so close, but they just blow it. Simply what the WWE needs is...Wrestling. Promos have been way to long from what ive seen and they drag on from week to week. some are good dont get me wrong, but I just want to see a fucking wrestling match. I mean atleast give me a 5 minute match on RAW. All I see on RAW is just promotion for the next PPV and all WWE's other stuff. For example last week Kane was to wrestle zack ryder i thought hey u know thats a good match they should give them some time but no Kane squashes him and cuts a promo for Orton or whatever. I get it trust me. u need to make Kane look like a monster and promote for extreme rules, but give the guys 5 minutes atleast! And I know theres another thread for that 3 stooges shit but god damn that was awful and a waste of time. all that time they wasted on the 3 stooges they coud of had a great mid-card match and let some of those guys like Ziggler, Rhodes, or the Miz go out there and put on a show! they just waste a lot of time on stupid shit that nobody cares about when they can let these guys showcase their skills on National TV. Ok I really dont care, ive been reading on here for a couple of months and some people on here actually know what their talking about and make great points and others are... So heres my First Post of Death. like it, dont like it i dont care.

Arite so heres the question to everybody. What does the WWE need to do to improve in your opinion?

Great post man! Welcome to the board. I agree with everything you said, and I have a lot of friends who are just casual viewers that say the same thing. The ONLY way they will start watching again routinely is if there are great in-ring wrestlers doing amazing matches, the re-inclusion of weapons in matches, a lot more backstage brawls/segments where people are giving interviews without mics in their hands/and hardcore matches!

Each one says the same thing and wants the same thing! WWE just doesn't seem to get it! In-ring promos suck and are nothing compared to the ones that Brock Lesnar did last week backstage. They should ALL be like that, other than face-to-face contract signings, or victory speeches.

·
Skol mofo's!!
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mean I'll take that. atleast thats interesting. Raw would be so much better if they had more match time

·
Skol mofo's!!
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great post man! Welcome to the board. I agree with everything you said, and I have a lot of friends who are just casual viewers that say the same thing. The ONLY way they will start watching again routinely is if there are great in-ring wrestlers doing amazing matches, the re-inclusion of weapons in matches, a lot more backstage brawls/segments where people are giving interviews without mics in their hands/and hardcore matches!

Each one says the same thing and wants the same thing! WWE just doesn't seem to get it! In-ring promos suck and are nothing compared to the ones that Brock Lesnar did last week backstage. They should ALL be like that, other than face-to-face contract signings, or victory speeches.
Thanks man
Exactly!! i just started wayching again and havent missed a raw since febuary. and ofcourse the bulid up to wrestlemania was awesome. seeing guys like the rock, undertaker, hhh, and hbk. so i started watching that and i got familar with the new guys and started to like some of them. now since WM is over you have people watching it again for the first time in years and the first raw back was awesome and now we had the 3 stooges and all these promos and r-truth running around which wasnt that bad but it didnt need to go on for that long.

I have noticed that they are swearing more which is good but we want long good athletic matches. I want blood. i dont need blood every week, but you know give me some fucking blood every once in awhile. nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I think the WWE is on the right path, but there still there is a long way to go. The WWE needs to rebuild the cruiser weight division, and tag team divisions. How they accomplish this I don't know, but throwing a cruiser weight belt on a Sin Cara or Mysterio and having them feud with someone would be a great start(when they return).

Right now there is a big time youth movement starting with Ryback, Sandow, Ambrose, and others. These guys could go along way to rebuild the Intercontental/US Title along way as well.

As you said, more wrestling is the key here. But at the same time Raw or Smackdown can't be built around 3-4 wrestlers. Look at the Golden Era and/or Attitude Era, the show wasn't just built around The Rock/Austin or Hogan/Macho Man. There was even a plethora of stars that was over AF that never even held the Heavyweight Championship.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
We need to see more wrestling like you said. Everybody needs to be booked stronger, especially the heels, they need to be more ruthless. They need to be a threat to the faces, the faces need to be more edgier too in order to balance that out.

Less promos, or let guys go with bullet points and not totally scripted, just generally let them refine their characters, let them sink or swim, there needs to be stronger gimmicks, and less generic, everything. Everybody needs a recognizable persona with depth.

There needs to be a better structure to the card, not just the top dogs and then the jobbers, we need a proper strong midcard, they need to be built up through the card towards the top, less stop-start pushes, stop burying people after they get over, no more losing streaks. The balance between the major stars and the so called upcomers is really skewed, build these guys as future stars. They can't keep relying on the same names forever and need to take this issue seriously now before it's too late to make enough changes. We need some vets to start putting midcard guys over to make them stars.

They need to cut down on Twitter/online mentions, celebrities, guest hosts, promotions, constantly hyping events. We need less recaps, in the same show or wasting time on SD when we've already watched Raw.

Stop treating SD like a B-show and a way to promote guys over to the top show, either balance the rosters out more, or scrap the split, if SD is to be the wrestling/comedy show, give us more wrestling or decent comedy, not just for the sake of it as filler. Make the show un-missable like Raw usually is, people shouldn't be able to read spoilers and feel they don't need to watch. Move SD so we don't have Friday/Sunday PPV/Monday Raw overload, then 4 days break.

Give everybody meaningful programs and storylines to keep interest up in all the stars, not just random pointless matches and fillers between the next supposed important feud.

We need some more un-predictability, it's too obvious when you see who is competing who will win, or that the match won't end clean. Less squashs, let someone go over but get someone else over. Re-build the divisions, Tag teams, Divas etc.

Balance the announce teams, tone down some things, turn up others, passion AND technical is lacking.

More edgier product, don't go overboard, just keep up this level, more intensity.

Longer, logical major storylines, for more guys, with a beginning/middle/end and a proper payoff.

Just generally, they need to take more risks, stop playing safe all the time.

I don't want to get too critical as some things are improving and they are nearly back, like you said, but we still have a long way to go yet, and confidence is understandably low.

·
Skol mofo's!!
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the WWE is on the right path, but there still there is a long way to go. The WWE needs to rebuild the cruiser weight division, and tag team divisions. How they accomplish this I don't know, but throwing a cruiser weight belt on a Sin Cara or Mysterio and having them feud with someone would be a great start(when they return).

Right now there is a big time youth movement starting with Ryback, Sandow, Ambrose, and others. These guys could go along way to rebuild the Intercontental/US Title along way as well.

As you said, more wrestling is the key here. But at the same time Raw or Smackdown can't be built around 3-4 wrestlers. Look at the Golden Era and/or Attitude Era, the show wasn't just built around The Rock/Austin or Hogan/Macho Man. There was even a plethora of stars that was over AF that never even held the Heavyweight Championship.
Yep I agree with all that too man. Definitley need some kind of tag team division. they pretty much buried it even deeper last week with khali and the big show absolutley destroying primo and epico. MAKE THEM WIN!! MAKE THEM CHEAT! THEIR PUERTO RICAN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD OF COURSE MAKE THEM CHEAT TO WIN!! have mendes do something but cmon why u gotta squash them like that. I meam they gotta know that tag team divison is a joke and they just made it worse. to fix the tag teams its easy. all you need is a good team name and matching attire , have them do awesome moves, be heels, and win all the time no matter what. problem solved.

I do like those young guys you mentioned i kept reading and hearing about this Ambrose guy for some time now and watched some of his matches and he looks really good.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,420 Posts
Yep I agree with all that too man. Definitley need some kind of tag team division. they pretty much buried it even deeper last week with khali and the big show absolutley destroying primo and epico. MAKE THEM WIN!! MAKE THEM CHEAT! THEIR PUERTO RICAN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD OF COURSE MAKE THEM CHEAT TO WIN!! have mendes do something but cmon why u gotta squash them like that. I meam they gotta know that tag team divison is a joke and they just made it worse. to fix the tag teams its easy. all you need is a good team name and matching attire , have them do awesome moves, be heels, and win all the time no matter what. problem solved.

I do like those young guys you mentioned i kept reading and hearing about this Ambrose guy for some time now and watched some of his matches and he looks really good.
Go watch the promo in the thread I posted in the FCW/NXT/Superstars section! The threads called "The BEST Promo I've seen" so it shouldn't hard to miss lol.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
I'd agree about the longer matches but then I'd be a hypocrite. I mean it sounds really logical, having wrestling fans wanting to see good wrestling matches, but more than half the time, the matches are as random as it gets and I don't care about the match nor is the quality usually on a entertaining level, so I just fast forward a lot of them, regardless if it's Impact, Raw, Smackdown, Superstars or NXT unless they have wrestlers I like in the such as D Bryan, AJ styles, Austin Aries or Dolph Ziggler, who I know are entertaining in the ring.

Imo WWE needs to progress, they need to implement a system where matches actually matter, but without making it too complicated like TNA did in their BFG series, although if they could manage this correctly some sort of league with standings would be perfect, but as said, far too complicated to maintain. However maybe WWE could do mini storylines all the time where the succesful guys get some small kayfabe benefits from winning which would probably be far easier to manage and still add excitement to the matches. I mean I don't need much incentive to watch a match, just a LITTLE something, but WWE, just like any other wrestling promotion is still stuck with the random matches without explanation principle so they give fans no reason at all to watch, which explains why wrestling matches generally get bad ratings, see CM Punk.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts

+rep for mention of the squash match with Ryder, that was a terrible idea. and Tensai is a joke. They will book him poorly im sure of that.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I believe South Park summed up perfectly what WWE has become.

Seriously though, WWE tries too hard that it's plain obvious to everyone that they try to drW people in. You can actually see the business and the hope to draw people behind everything they do. They need to let the wrestlers do what they are paid to do and get people to draw by just being good on the mc and in te ring. WWE needs to stop trying to produce EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
WWE needs more Ambrose less Ryder & co

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,420 Posts
I believe South Park summed up perfectly what WWE has become.

Seriously though, WWE tries too hard that it's plain obvious to everyone that they try to drW people in. You can actually see the business and the hope to draw people behind everything they do. They need to let the wrestlers do what they are paid to do and get people to draw by just being good on the mc and in te ring. WWE needs to stop trying to produce EVERYTHING.
I love South Park and have never seen this episode, Could you post a link for me? I'd love to see Trey Parker and Matt Stone's thoughts on the current product lol!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts