Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RAW: so we are having a major lack in talents of main-event level so let's have a John Cena vs Micheal Cole announced as our main-event and then they wonder why they lose audience through the show.Since Rock & Brock's departure & they are just doing extremely stupid shows.Not that there is lack of star power, but really the lack of a major storyline going on and with the stupid shit going on in the mid-card & main-event levels at the same time, RAW has become unwatchable.!

Smackdown: This show should probably change it's name to SQUASHdown, Damien Sandow, Brodus, Ryback, Antonio Cesaro..............

Until there is a major storyline, I'm out!

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
I've been out for a while now, the state of the WWE right now is just sad. There are a few diamonds in the rough, but no one is worth sitting through nearly two hours of crap television for.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Not that I care but there is probably no point in quitting now. We're getting into the summer now where shit normally picks up. Plus on next week's Raw, Vince is coming back for the job evaluation stuff. Regardless of how good the episode will be it will likely be the one to kick off the next big angle.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Yeah this is the first time that Post-WM product is a bit stagnant. Lets commit suicide and then return in July.
sarcasm x1000

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not that I care but there is probably no point in quitting now. We're getting into the summer now where shit normally picks up. Plus on next week's Raw, Vince is coming back for the job evaluation stuff. Regardless of how good the episode will be it will likely be the one to kick off the next big angle.
This is the 4th job evaluation angle since HHH took over the job from vince .......

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
This company is so directionless at the moment. You have the WWE title main eventing a Smackdown , and about 4 new guys just squashing people with no end in sight.Furthermore, in the past month we have gotten two joke Cena main events and apart from 2/3angles they have completley nothing storyline wise , I mean fuck what do the writers do all week?

What they need to do is a draft (lolwut?). But not just a normal draft but a complete re-draft of everyone in the company and then stick to this.

·
Starving for poutine
7,260 Posts
I feel bad for saying this, but I just can't wait to see the new WWE once Vince McMahon leaves us. I have more faith in Triple H than him.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
Then how will you know when there is a major storyline :vince2
He is gonna read it on this forum.

As for the WWE its in a bad state. The roster is thin as paper. They have the chance to make Ziggler a star now and he has done a job in his last 3 matches (counting this weeks smackdown) If Cena goes down injured then they are screwed no one can draw a rating besides him and he is the only legit full time draw they have. McMahon needs to step down he can run this shit no more he doesnt have the "Magic" he had in the past.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He is gonna read it on this forum.

As for the WWE its in a bad state. The roster is thin as paper. They have the chance to make Ziggler a star now and he has done a job in his last 3 matches (counting this weeks smackdown) If Cena goes down injured then they are screwed no one can draw a rating besides him and he is the only legit full time draw they have. McMahon needs to step down he can run this shit no more he doesnt have the "Magic" he had in the past.
Yeah, Dolph Ziggler for example had the potential to be a good main-eventer and now they just turned him into a jobber.Fuck this company!

·
Registered
280 Posts
how is roster thin, thats not fair on orton, big show, kane, bryan, punk etc etc

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Some posters are so narrow minded here there is more to wrestling then wwe.
But nothing that's actually important. What the hell's the point of watching a promotion that doesn't matter?

But yeah, the state of WWE is abhorrent. They just refuse to stop booking nonsense. They have enough talent, maybe not tons, but enough that they can start building stars up and craft a workable midcard and main event division out of it, they just will not do it. For whatever reason. And it's gotten to the point where they have no choice. If they do 3 hours every week of THIS, it's not gonna go well. They're setting themselves up for a fall. A slow fall perhaps but if it doesn't turn around, a fall nonetheless.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
Yeah, Dolph Ziggler for example had the potential to be a good main-eventer and now they just turned him into a jobber.Fuck this company!
Yeah they fuck his potential push right up. I would say the same for Cody but there was the whole drug test thing which is why post Mania hes been booked as a jobber.
how is roster thin, thats not fair on orton, big show, kane, bryan, punk etc etc
Honestly look at the roster apart from Cena,Punk,Orton,Sheamus,Bryan,Show the roster is full of geeks and goofs who just fall into the wayside while WWE continues to whore out the Cena shit week in and week out. They could of made a star in to Barrett but he had to take looses to Orton and Cena and has never been to the level he was when Nexus was at its hottest since they essentially killed it at Summerslam 2010. Ziggler could of been a break out star after he dropped the US Title but never got any major wins and they threw him into the tag team with Swagger and they continued to loose constantly. Look at the rest of the roster you have some good wrestlers like Kidd who is great in the ring but has no charisma to speak of and is to small to be a legit star in WWE so he aint getting a push no wrong on him just WWE are uptight pricks. Look at Mcintyre he got pushed way to soon and when they killed his push in mid 2010 he was ready to run with the ball but the shit with his wife went down and hes never been seen as a mid card threat again just a jobber. Kingston could of been a star in 09 with the Orton stuff but Gods gift Randy orton decided to cry backstage about Kofi botching a move and Kofi is now a tag team guy wrestling the same 3 people every week. WWE has no roster depth pure and simple so they can just blame themselves in the long run for not making stars and having to bring back guys like Taker, Hunter, Austin, Rock, Brock to draw ratings and advance angle.s

·
Registered
5 Posts
What annoys me is that John Cena is still being shoehorned into the main storyline despite being in subpar feuds compared to Punk and Bryan.

Here's a fact: Royal Rumbles aside, the last time Cena was present on a card and the WWE Championship was defended in the main event without him involved in some way was The Bash in June 2009. Last month Cena vs Laurinaitis was seen as more main-event worthy than Punk vs Bryan for the WWE title, which is pretty disgraceful.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
What annoys me is that John Cena is still being shoehorned into the main storyline despite being in subpar feuds compared to Punk and Bryan.

Here's a fact: Royal Rumbles aside, the last time Cena was present on a card and the WWE Championship was defended in the main event without him involved in some way was The Bash in June 2009. Last month Cena vs Laurinaitis was seen as more main-event worthy than Punk vs Bryan for the WWE title, which is pretty disgraceful.
Its cos they know hes the only one whos gonna draw and if they put Punk/Bryan in the main event its gonna loose viewers even though it makes the title second rate to shitty Cena comedy

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
I think that this is the lull before they start building momentum for Summerslam. It can't always be awesome - they have to ration out the awesome stuff over a period of time to make us enjoy it more. I think that things will pick up soon - Brock will come back and batter Triple H, Dolph Ziggler will get a decent push, Jericho and Orton will come back from their suspensions and start being great again ... am I being optmistic?

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
I think that this is the lull before they start building momentum for Summerslam. It can't always be awesome - they have to ration out the awesome stuff over a period of time to make us enjoy it more. I think that things will pick up soon - Brock will come back and batter Triple H, Dolph Ziggler will get a decent push, Jericho and Orton will come back from their suspensions and start being great again ... am I being optmistic?
Yes i doubt Ziggler gets a push or that Hunter does the job to brock

1 - 20 of 33 Posts