Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok can some one please tell me what this is supposed to be. I could have sworn that putting on good matches was the idea here. The womens division has been week for a very long time now and it seems to be getting worse every week. There was a little hope when Beth Pheonix showed up but that didnt last due to lack of competition there are plenty of women in the WWE but almost no women wrestlers I got happy when I heard the rumors of Awesome Kong coming to the WWE but then I realized that the same thing that happened to Beth is going to happen to Kong. So how can they fix this problem? help me out here people.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
You don't like the Diva's. Take a number and get in line.

Reactions: RatedRKO31

·
Captain Cally
1,674 Posts
They can't fix the problem. No one cares about diva wrestling in the WWE. I guess that is the one good thing TNA has over the E' good women's wrestling. But honestly I don't care that much.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The Divas division actually has talent among its ranks-Beth, Natalya, Gail, Melina, and Michelle are all great in-ring workers. Layla, Eve, Tamina, Alicia, Kelly, Maryse, and the Bellas can be worked with to a decent match if need be. Melina, Maryse, and Laycool (mostly Layla) are fleshed out characters. The problem is, like the one with the undercard in general, that no one in Creative cares to make their storylines interesting. You can have fun competitive matches based out of great storylines (look at Stephanie v. Trish). The other issue is that WWE isn't always playing to these ladies' strengths. Melina can talk, why isn't she? Maryse is nothing if not a character, why is she stuck in the never-ending break up with DiBiase?

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
The WWE now adays sees the Divas as dolls kinda like Mattel and their dolls. They all look the same, act the same etc.. The only way for the womens division to get better is to drop the label Sexy from the Divas and hire well known international womens wrestlers. Also it would help to put Divas in hardcore matches and steel cage matches like in the past but what divas today can handle that? Most of the divas WWE have today were former models whose bodies are not fit to take bumps like the Divas of the past. WWE does have divas who would fit in with the divas of the past and those divas are Gail Kim, Melina, Beth Phoenix, Natalya, and Michelle McCool. The problem is that WWE right now only wants to focus on Laycool, Kelly Kelly, Maryse, Eve and perhaps Natalya but this combo of divas is still a weak division.

·
#EMMAtained
2,586 Posts
A poster a few posts up hit the nail on the head. They aren't giving the diva's enough time to develop. Maryse and Melina have great characters, let them talk, let them have more than 2 minutes in a match. Gail Kim is a great wrestler, push her as the Rey Mysterio of the diva's division, let her fly and wrestle! Natalya and Beth are strong, push Natalya as a strong face, Beth as a strong heel and let them go at it. Then I say make a few additions to the roster like calling up AJ and Naomi from FCW, send down the Bella's and others who could use more time in development.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
You could sorta tell based on face expressions while doing moves that Eve and Natalya wanted to do lots of things but were like "this sucks how we have to fight like we dont know what we're doing since the divas division isn't important"

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
You could sorta tell based on face expressions while doing moves that Eve and Natalya wanted to do lots of things but were like "this sucks how we have to fight like we dont know what we're doing since the divas division isn't important"
Lol, agreed. You could tell by the look on Natalya's face at the end of the match that she was thinking "this is bullshit".

·
#EMMAtained
2,586 Posts
The finish definitely looked a little botched because Eve just layed back and couldn't get up to hook Natalya's legs for awhile, it looked awkward, and then she eventually hooked the leg and got the pin, but Natalya just layed there and looked like she was making no attempt to kickout lol, was pretty bad.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
You can hear a penny drop when Pheonix and Natalya pull off great moves in the ring. WWE audiences do not care about women's wrestling. It's sad but true.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:lmao:lmao:lmao
Given more time to do what? Stink up the ring? Oh i know have a Diva dance off.No no no they need more time to pose as arm candy. This is stupid since the womens division is the only other division to get any air time these days it just seems like they would put more effort into the product.

·
#EMMAtained
2,586 Posts
Given more time to do what? Stink up the ring? Oh i know have a Diva dance off.No no no they need more time to pose as arm candy. This is stupid since the womens division is the only other division to get any air time these days it just seems like they would put more effort into the product.
The diva's division could be so much more than a diva dance off, or anything like that. We've seen a great division in the past, and we could see it again, but the focus has to be on developing characters and allowing the fans to connect with those characters, while also improving the quality of diva matches. Instead of giving them a 2 minute match, give them a 6 minute match, and allow promo time to build a feud or two properly, at least if it involves the diva's title. I mean nowadays they have a tag match, or a 6 woman tag match that ends in under 2 minutes and they wonder why noone cares about the diva's division, its because its not being invested in or made to be interesting. All of the faces are smiley all the time and all the heels just scream, give them characters and match time and watch people start to care.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The diva's division could be so much more than a diva dance off, or anything like that. We've seen a great division in the past, and we could see it again, but the focus has to be on developing characters and allowing the fans to connect with those characters, while also improving the quality of diva matches. Instead of giving them a 2 minute match, give them a 6 minute match, and allow promo time to build a feud or two properly, at least if it involves the diva's title. I mean nowadays they have a tag match, or a 6 woman tag match that ends in under 2 minutes and they wonder why noone cares about the diva's division, its because its not being invested in or made to be interesting. All of the faces are smiley all the time and all the heels just scream, give them characters and match time and watch people start to care.
perfect matches to boost the division. Gail Kim vs Awesome Kong 2, Beth Pheonix vs Natalya

·
Registered
55 Posts
What they need to do is bring back some women that look good and can wrestle. Trish and Lita are always cited as being the best of recent divas. Although Trish did get better over time as she was crap in the start.

Chyna and Luna weren't exactly the prettiest they were just dynamite in the ring. Luna was an amazing heel however that her face time in the oddities ruined her.

They need to use their good divas as there are a handful there. Beth Pheonix, Michelle McCool, Natalya,Gail Sometimes Kelly Kelly. Sometimes Alicia Fox just because she is a good heel. Where are Namoi and Aj from NXT? They could be used they were the best on NXT.

Get rid of the arm candy useless Divas that can't compete. Bella Twins, Layla ,Mayrese,

The Divas could be given more of a chance. The Diva Tables match was a good start. I just don't see this division going anywhere.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Generic pretty Divas without charisma or personnality are from a time when you hadn't internet and weren't able to find nude or sexy pictures of women except in special magazines or adult TV. They were used to arouse the main demographic of wrestling (full of testosterone young virgin males without girlfriends). Nowadays prettiness and sexyness aren't enough to please the fans.

And PG blocks the mild-erotism used by WWE (think Sable and Torrie) which helped ratings and made such Divas useful.

Even I admit there are still (pervert) men who don't know internet and are interested by PG (skeletic) half naked girls botching moves. I am happy about Kaitlyn (she is pretty but has charisma) or Beth Phoenix , but i miss Chyna and still hope about Amazing Kong and others.

I believe that WWE should really understand that they need to evolve and bring less generic pretty girls, but women and athletes able to wrestle and with charisma.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts