Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was inspired by the awesomeness of Flickchart, a website that pretty much lets you rank down every single movie you've seen and comment on matchups between two particular movies, it's quite addictive.

This game here is similar to that: a poster has to pit two wrestling matches, from any promotion, against each other, and the poster below has to comment on that clash to justify who wins, and rank them up in his own personal list, according to his own personal opinion (which allows everyone to have different lists). And then he posts another clash, and the person below ranks that clash and pits another, and so on and so on. Every match posted has to be ranked.

Here's a lenghty example:
POSTER A:
The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels, WWE WrestleMania 25
vs.
Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels, TNA Unbreakable 2005

POSTER B:
I prefer Taker/HBK easily. The Unbreakable three-way was too spotty for my taste. Taker/HBK was a perfect example of how to pull off a finisher fest without making a match feel spotty and have the drama levels not down.

1. Taker/HBK, WM 25
2. Unbreakable 3-way

Cactus Jack vs. Vader, WCW Halloween Havoc 1993
vs.
Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior, WCW Halloween Havoc 1998

POSTER C:
HOGAN/WARRIOR II OF FUCKING COURSE :troll Nah, Cactus/Vader is one of WCW's greatest matches. Hogan/Warrior II is one of the worst matches ever.

1. Unbreakable 3-way
2. Cactus/Vader
3. Taker/HBK
4. Hogan/Warrior

(the order was shuffled to emulate a different opinion than Poster B's, which is what this game encourages - the list is based on YOUR PERSONAL OPINION, you rank the matches as you want, don't forget that)

Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels, TNA Unbreakable 2005
vs.
Kaitlyn vs. Maxine, WWE NXT 10/19/2010

POSTER D:
Joe/Styles/Daniels. One of the greatest matches of the decade. Kaitlyn/Maxine was fucking awful.

1. Taker/HBK
2. Joe/Styles/Daniels
3. Cactus/Vader
4. Kaitlyn/Maxine
5. Hogan/Warrior

(another clash goes on here)
Got it? Hope so.

I'll start:

Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio Jr., WCW Halloween Havoc 1997
vs.
John Cena vs. CM Punk, WWE Money In The Bank 2011

·
The NEW
13,467 Posts
Re: The Matchchart

Cena/Punk wins this one for me. One of my favorite matches of all-time. Just a great performance by 2 great wrestler in front of one of the hottest (if not THE hottest) WWE PPV crowd of all-time. Amazing 5-star battle for the WWE Championship.

1. John Cena vs. CM Punk (Money In The Bank 2011)
2. Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio (Halloween Havoc 1997)

Cactus Jack vs. Randy Orton (Backlash 2004)
vs.
Mick Foley vs. Edge (Wrestlemania 22)

·
Registered
213 Posts

Cactus Jack vs. Randy Orton
The Edge match is really good and feels special but the Orton one is just better, a star making performance by Orton and Foley did a lot to make him look good and improve his character. Great match!

1. Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio (Halloween Havoc 1997)
2. John Cena vs. CM Punk (Money In The Bank 2011)
3. Cactus Jack vs. Randy Orton (Backlash 2004)
4. Mick Foley vs. Edge (Wrestlemania 22)

Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena (Extreme Rules 2012)
vs
Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena (SummerSlam 2014)

:brock3

·
Registered
344 Posts

Cactus Jack vs. Randy Orton
The Edge match is really good and feels special but the Orton one is just better, a star making performance by Orton and Foley did a lot to make him look good and improve his character. Great match!

1. Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio (Halloween Havoc 1997)
2. John Cena vs. CM Punk (Money In The Bank 2011)
3. Cactus Jack vs. Randy Orton (Backlash 2004)
4. Mick Foley vs. Edge (Wrestlemania 22)

Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena (Extreme Rules 2012)
vs
Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena (SummerSlam 2014)

:brock3
Both over-rated matches for mine but I'll have to pick Brock vs. Cena @ Extreme Rules....because there was blood!

Shane McMahon vs Kane (Survivor Series 2003)
or
Undertaker vs Mr.McMahon (Survivor Series 2003)

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Definitely Taker/Vince. Shane/Kane was a vicious and entertaining spotfest, but Taker punching an old bastard to oblivion > SPOTZ~.

1. Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio Halloween Havoc 97
2. John Cena vs Brock Lesnar Extreme Rules 12
3. John Cena vs CM Punk MITB 2011
4. Randy Orton vs Cactus Jack Backlash 04
5. Mick Foley vs Edge WM 22
6. John Cena vs Brock Lesnar SummerSlam 14
7. The Undertaker vs Vince McMahon SVS 03
8. Kane vs Shane McMahon SVS 03

AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels, TNA Bound For Glory 2005
vs.
Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar, WWE Smackdown September 03

·
Banned
187 Posts

5. Mick Foley vs Edge WM 22
6. John Cena vs Brock Lesnar SummerSlam 14
7. The Undertaker vs Vince McMahon SVS 03
8. Kane vs Shane McMahon SVS 03
9. Angle vs Lesnar SmackDown September 2003

AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels, TNA Bound For Glory 2005
vs.
Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar, WWE Smackdown September 03

Angle vs Lesnar because it was a very good entertaining technical match which we do not see often in recent WWE

Triple H vs Daniel Bryan: WrestleMania XXX

vs

Triple H vs The Undertaker: WrestleMania 28

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@WWFSoldier all of those matches, you have to rank them according to YOUR own opinion ;) Found it curious how you only ranked the winner tho, maybe I should've considered that too... either that or just didn't watch Styles/Daniels, which you should.

NOTE: If you've never seen a match that was ranked before; a) Do it; b) Say that you're not including that match, eventually surely it'll pop up again by the time you may have watched it

HHH/Bryan or HHH/Taker HIAC: HONESTLY, HONESTLY... Taker/HHH for me. I more than get the hate given to the WM 27 match, but to me, 28 sticks out as a classic. Mostly for being the match I loved the most on first watch, which was a mindblowing one at that, for personal reasons (first live...ish WM, first WM I watched w/my now longtime girlfriend, etc.) - aka I do have a bias for it. However, the match itself more than hold up on rewatches anyway. Where most people see two old guys just throwing a million finishers and HBK sucking as an actor, I see two legends having an all-out war for the matter of keeping the other down for good (HHH) vs. revenge for losing the WAR instead of just the fight (Taker, who collapsed in the ramp after the 27 match while HHH walked out in his own feet). HHH telling HBK to end it for him regarded Shawn's respect for Taker, who couldn't stand watching a man he admires so much going down to such a brutal way, regardless of it being against his best friend. Sweet Chin Music + Pedigree false finish = one of the GOAT nearfalls. And the ending, w/HHH knowing he's gonna fall to the ressurged Deadman and will go down like a man (DX chop)? Bang on perfect. And regarding the gripe that they didn't use the Cell all that much: 1) they DID at the start; 2) the Cell created an aura of Armageddon to it that any match not located inside of it couldn't - look at WM 27 for example. This match is a personal bias of mine, but I see way more good in it than most nowadays. No disrespect to HHH/Bryan, which was spectacular, w/HHH's best performance in years and Steph proving herself as an incredible manager (and Bryan was Bryan, nuff said), but I just like the HIAC more.

5. Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar Smackdown Sep. 2003 (Iron Man)
6. AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels Bound For Glory 2005
7. The Undertaker vs Triple H WM 28
8. Mick Foley vs Edge WM 22
9. Triple H vs Daniel Bryan, WM 30
10. John Cena vs Brock Lesnar SummerSlam 14
11. The Undertaker vs Vince McMahon SVS 03
12. Kane vs Shane McMahon SVS 03

Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan, WM 30
vs.
Randy Orton vs. Batista vs. Daniel Bryan, WM 30

1 - 7 of 7 Posts