Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
STEVALD
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

TMZ is reporting WWE is going to donate upwards of $250,000 to JBL's project 7 Summits.

JBL is planning on climbing the highest peak on every continent to raise money for a charity in Bermuda. WWE's donation helps JBL from not having to pay for all of the trips out of his own pocket. The trip is expected to take between two to three years.

JBL had said on Twitter that WWE will be promoting his project in a big way. A fan on Twitter asked if JBL would be returning to WWE, he responded:

“@Kaldridge13: --Have you thought of returning to the wwe”--I think it's safe to say after announcement today on tmz that it's highly likely

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Hope he replaces King for Raw color commentary.

·
#OVER
11,548 Posts
JBL is one of the best mic workers and heels of all time; could listen to him talk forever and pray this is true. As a commentator or heel authority figure he'd be awesome.

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
In what world does JBL saying it's "highly unlikely" he'll return any time soon mean that he's going to return soon?

:hmm:

EDIT: I can't read. My apologies. Carry on!

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,439 Posts
Amazing news! I never knew Layfield was such a moral ambassador, and having read what he's doing all in the name of charity makes me like him THAT much more. Also, If, according to John Cena, to play a villain you have to be an ACTUAL bad person in real life :rolleyes:, then this story about JBL seems to make that theory look even more foolish :lol.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Amazing news! I never knew Layfield was such a moral ambassador, and having read what he's doing all in the name of charity makes me like him THAT much more. Also, If, according to John Cena, to play a villain you have to be an ACTUAL bad person in real life :rolleyes:, then this story about JBL seems to make that theory look even more foolish :lol.
The guy raped Brian Christopher in the shower.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
The theory is actually that the heels are the nice guys and the faces are the douchebags in person. Cena is out of his mind like he always is when talking about the "heel/face" dynamics of wrestling.

Anyways, this is great news. I was wondering where Bradshaw went after taking those stunners last year.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
The theory is actually that the heels are the nice guys and the faces are the douchebags in person. Cena is out of his mind like he always is when talking about the "heel/face" dynamics of wrestling.
It is kind of hilarious when you look at the heels and faces, because they pretty much all flip for real life lol.

Anyway, I would love it if JBL comes back because he does Michael Cole's job so much better than Michael Cole it's not even funny.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Lol. He's still got to climb all 7 mountains before making any in ring return. Would love to see him back, though. He needs to clothesline Michael Cole's fucking career.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
JBL is one of my personal favorite wrestlers of all time, could back up what he said in the ring, hold an above average match with most people while being second to none on the microphone. But the only thing I dont' want is for him to be a full time main event player, sure it will be fun but in the long run it wouldn't be good at all for business, and JBL is a smart man and has said himself on many occasions that they need to push new talent and not to rely soley on the vets cause one day they wont be around anymore and they will be left with no stars built to hold the company. If it were a managerial role or an on screen personal like GM or something I would welcome him with open arms but as a full time competitor not as much.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Never knew JBL was that awesome of a guy, though seeing how he's rather polite in replying tweets.

Despite hw much I hated him years ago, Props to him.

·
Ceramic Wizard Bong
3,993 Posts
The theory is actually that the heels are the nice guys and the faces are the douchebags in person.
yeah Bret Hart mentions this a few times in his book, especially in the days when the faces were the likes of Hogan and Warrior and the heels were the likes of Andre, Rick Rude and the Samoans.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts