Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Beyond the Mat gave me so much more of an insight into wrestling when I first saw it.
Rise and Fall of ECW as well as ECW ONS 05/06 never get old. I never had THAT MUCH knowledge of ECW and what made them SO groundbreaking until I saw it. I missed out!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Nah the WCW documentary was too short and was a bit of a hatchet job towards the end with not enough interviews from big names that were there and the match listing is a bit bizarre .

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
Wrestlemania XX - It was the first PPV I had ever seen, and was around the time I started to REALLY get into wrestling. The Benoit vs. HHH vs. HBK was one of the best matches I have seen. It wasn't that great of a PPV but it just brings the memories back for me.

Others that follow are

TLC - Told the story between The Hardy Boyz, Edge and Christian and The Dudley Boys.
No Way Out 2006 - The Angle vs Taker match was outstanding. Also, watching Rey lose the title opportunity was too funny. (even if he got it back the next few weeks later. >=(

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
The Ultimate Ric Flair DVD set.

I mean if a younger fan were to see the Ric Flair of today and say This guy's one of the best ever, I don't get it all you would have to do is give them this DVD det for the weekend.

You have 2 awesome Flair-Steamboat matches, the hour draw with Barry Windham, the I quit match with Terry Funk, Starrcade 83 with Harley Race, the pure awesomeness of Royal Rumble 92, plus the Flair-Triple H match from Raw and the Flair celebration that followed it.

It terms of match quality alone, this could be one of the greatest DVD sets of all time but what I really think makes this DVD set stand out is the extras, not only do you get the matches but you get all the big angles and promos leading to the matches which is just a huge bonus plus a few random promos and matches like Flair's first WWF match and his Mid Atlantic confrontation with Piper not to mention the the sitdown interview clips with Ric talking about each stage of the DVD and a few short documentry pieces covering his plane crash and the Four Horsemen.

My only complaint about the DVD was the lack of Sting, I thought the Sting match they picked was lame there were much better matches to chose from like the First Clash time limit draw or the Great American Bash 1990.

But still, greatest DVD set ever.

·
Registered
604 Posts
The Ultimate Ric Flair DVD set.

I mean if a younger fan were to see the Ric Flair of today and say This guy's one of the best ever, I don't get it all you would have to do is give them this DVD det for the weekend.

You have 2 awesome Flair-Steamboat matches, the hour draw with Barry Windham, the I quit match with Terry Funk, Starrcade 83 with Harley Race, the pure awesomeness of Royal Rumble 92, plus the Flair-Triple H match from Raw and the Flair celebration that followed it.

It terms of match quality alone, this could be one of the greatest DVD sets of all time but what I really think makes this DVD set stand out is the extras, not only do you get the matches but you get all the big angles and promos leading to the matches which is just a huge bonus plus a few random promos and matches like Flair's first WWF match and his Mid Atlantic confrontation with Piper not to mention the the sitdown interview clips with Ric talking about each stage of the DVD and a few short documentry pieces covering his plane crash and the Four Horsemen.

My only complaint about the DVD was the lack of Sting, I thought the Sting match they picked was lame there were much better matches to chose from like the First Clash time limit draw or the Great American Bash 1990.

But still, greatest DVD set ever.
Considering the Ultimate Ric Flair was the WWE's first 3disc set of its kind they did a great job. I agree totally with the point about Sting. His Definitive DVD had the first Clash match but there are still more Flair/Sting matches that could do with being released. Fingers crossed for a Sting DVD sooner rather than later.

·
The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla
5,108 Posts
my DVDs to have (from my own DVD collection):

- ECW One night stand 2006
- Wrestlemania 24
- Wrestlemania 20
- Wrestlemania 21
- Wrestlemania 19
- Bret Hitman Hart: the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be
- Royal Rumble 2008
- Summerslam 2002
-

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Considering the Ultimate Ric Flair was the WWE's first 3disc set of its kind they did a great job. I agree totally with the point about Sting. His Definitive DVD had the first Clash match but there are still more Flair/Sting matches that could do with being released. Fingers crossed for a Sting DVD sooner rather than later.
On the Sting DVD front, I think once he finishes with TNA, a DVD set would be much more likely.

My hope is that by the end of the year, maybe Sting retires after working that one last match with Ric Flair and doesn't resign with TNA leading to him working out a deal with WWE.

The next WrestleMania is in Atlanta, and the Hall Of Fame is said to have some sort of WCW theme. I couldn't think of anything better than Sting being inducted into the Hall Of Fame in Atlanta and maybe following that he get's a big 3 disk Sting DVD release.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts