Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to throw this out there..

If you were to own JUST ONE wrestling dvd.... what would it be and why?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Wrestling With Shadows.

Not a complete account of the Montreal Screwjob nor a fully-realized metaphor for integrity as Paul Jay tries to make it, but still the most important film about wrestling (sorry, Beyond the Mat). As good as a documentary/matches DVD would be, particularly Hart's, Wrestling With Shadows is the wrestling DVD to have. In fact, it was the wrestling VHS to have back in 1999.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
I've not seen it yet, but I'm betting that the Hart Family DVD is probably the best around. As far as the ones that I've seen it has to be Wrestling with Shadows, or maybe an Iron Sheik shoot interview you no good son of a beeeeach....I wonder what he has against beach children.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
It's not a documentary DVD but...Summerslam 2002. It was awesome from top to bottom, and featured the ring return of my GOAT.

That or...Heartbreak and Triumph, that had a fantastic documentary.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
It's not a documentary DVD but...Summerslam 2002. It was awesome from top to bottom, and featured the ring return of my GOAT.

That or...Heartbreak and Triumph, that had a fantastic documentary.
I was going to post the exact same thing.

I would say that the Rise & Fall of ECW is probably the best they've produced though. I think I'll give that another watch this evening.

I can't way for the Jericho set to come out. Hopefully the match listing isn't the one that was released a month or so back. I didn't like the look of it as they missed out a lot of the good stuff and included matches that weren't as good.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I'm gonna say ECW Heatwave 98, simply because I haven't got bored of it in the last decade, so I probably won't get bored of it in the next. Just 6 great matches, some of the most recognisable moments in ECW history, everything from technical wrestling to spotfests to hardcore brutality, and just a really good example of why a grown ass man watches wrestling. In fact a mate once wanted to know what I saw in it, and this is the tape I shown him.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I think he meant more like, DVD set, not PPV. I'd have to say The Rock's dvd. i watched it recently, and it just has so many great matches. Really wish, though, that it had the HIAC match.

·
Tap Or Snap
2,539 Posts
John Morrison - Rockstar
Its a great dvd that you can watch in one Sitting in like 3 Hours.

Some of my Other favorites include:

Best of Raw 15th Anniversary
Best of Smackdown 10th Anniversary
Shawn Michaels: Heartbreak and Triumph
Jeff Hardy - My Life, My Rules
Edge: A Decade of Decadence
Viva La Raza! The Legacy of Eddie Guerrero
The Ladder Match
The Monday Night War

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
^lol ya, instead of listing all wms to have, just get that

ONS05 would be a great one to have as well though if you're a ECW fan.

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection. Why? Because its 3 fucking discs of the Nature Boy! Wooooooooooooooo!!! Plus it had some of the very best matches ever (Vs Steamboat and Vs Windham), and some great extra features such as promos from one of the best talkers in the business. Wrestling fans NEED to own this set.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts