Wrestling Forum banner

The WORST LIES from WWE machine?

7188 Views 62 Replies 58 Participants Last post by  webb_dustin
What's the worst lies from the WWE propaganda machine ?

Of all time.

That Shawn Michaels was declared GOAT and "Mr Wrestlemania".
Reactions: Negative Force
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Registered
2,463 Posts
I'll go with "Big Match Jawn" :jbl

Fuck Cena and Fuck JBL. Nobody's ever called him that in the history of wrestling. Jawn's two matches with Rock were embarrassing. He's had more bad "big" matches than Triple H.

(Shawn is deserving to be called Mr Wrestlemania imo, since he's had the most iconic matches than anyone else. Undertaker's been in more WM's but most of his opponents were jaboronis)

· Welcome To The Jungle
2,064 Posts
Shawn is Mr. Wrestlemania, far too many seriously great people in the business have said he's the greatest for him not to be up there

· Registered
1,776 Posts
sting being the frachise of WCW (post 1994)
Trish Stratus being a star in the attitude era

Reactions: Nomo

· Banned
1,335 Posts
Not even close to the worst lie, but the 2 that irritate me are the bullshit about RAW being the longest running episodic television show which is a flat out lie. And the other is the Rock being Roman's cousin, they're not blood related at all, always felt cheap to me.

· Registered
462 Posts
That Rock/Austin "grabbed the brass ring". They were pushed. It worked. That's fine. They weren't held down in any way, shape or form by WWE. I hate the manufactured narrative that they had to do it all by themelves.

Ted Turner running WCW. He clearly had absolutely zero interest other than being a financial backer. Other than Hogan and Flair, I'd say he hadn't heard of any WCW roster member during the Monday Night War.

· Ted the Moth
13,387 Posts
Not even close to the worst lie, but the 2 that irritate me are the bullshit about RAW being the longest running episodic television show which is a flat out lie. And the other is the Rock being Roman's cousin, they're not blood related at all, always felt cheap to me.
They call themselves a "weekly" episodic which discounts anything which has any sort of season break

· TEAM KICK!
11,134 Posts
I'll go with "Big Match Jawn" :jbl

Fuck Cena and Fuck JBL. Nobody's ever called him that in the history of wrestling. Jawn's two matches with Rock were embarrassing. He's had more bad "big" matches than Triple H.
But have you EVER seen a man rise up to the occasion and overcome the odds in big matches as much as John Cena has Maggle? :jbl

Anyway, anything that has came out of the WWE that claims that they really care about the fans, is a lie.

· Registered
4,490 Posts
one of the first i remember, the crowd popping and cheering when Sid eliminated hogan at the royal rumble, then flair winning.

next episode of superstars or wrestling challenge (whichever the weekend morning show it was) they dub loud boos over hogans elimination, even adding hogan chants to the post match scrum.

also the build to WM3 with the claims Andre had never been slammed, was undefeated etc. of course i was pretty young at the time and had no clue that wasnt the case, but still a pretty bold lie.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.