Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Playing off the thread about your top5 moments since 2010 im going to make a worst. There are ALOT, I know...

This is gonna be hard.

5) El Torito - Just the whole angle....Terrible

4) Cm Punk walking out - That sucked because it was one of my favourites leaving the company

3) THE WHOLE BUNNY ANGLE - SUCKED

2) Kofi Kingston burial - He was great and for buried. Hate it

1) ultimate warrior death - A hero gone.

I'd like to hear your opinions.

Great Khali leaves
John Cena puts young talent over
Cm Punk Returns

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts
Oh God, I don't know if I can narrow it down to just five. I might have to combine a couple.

I am not going to count things like The Ultimate Warrior's passing or Jerry Lawler's heart attack because those were largely out of the WWE's control. OK, I could argue that them having a 60 year old Lawler wrestle was not the best idea, but in the end, that was unfortunate event rather than a boneheaded move by the WWE.

1) The Royal Rumble 2014 Event = This turned out to be an epic disaster for the WWE. Not only did the fans revolt over the ending with DB not even being in the match and Batista winning the Rumble, but CM Punk also walked out following the event. All this while also getting ready for the launch of the Network, so the bad company image could not have come at a worse time. This blew up in their faces so bad that they basically had to change all their plans for Wrestlemania just to make things work. And if you look at the event as a whole, you also got that disastrous Cena/Orton title match that clearly showed how overexposed the pairing is. Coming out of that event, the WWE looked tired, stale, and completely out of touch.

2)The Royal Rumble Match 2015 = It was like they didn't learn from the previous year. Seriously, I was at a loss for words. Lets eliminate DB in anti-climatic fashion, eliminate all the fans' other favorites in a similar way, and lets give the win to the guy that isn't over. OK then. Again, that just blew up in their collective faces.

3) Michael Cole Vs. Jerry Lawler Feud = Not only did this result in what I consider to be the worst match in Wrestlemania history, but it also went on...and on....AND ON....AND FREAKING ON!!! And the worst part about the feud was that they were announcers, so we had to listen to them bicker, argue, and insult each other for the full duration of the show. Trying to sit through Raw while this was going on was like giving myself a lobotomy. The mute button was a valuable ally during this time. And the strangest thing was, there was no end in sight! It just wouldn't end! Jerry Lawler had to almost drop dead on live TV for them to finally drop it. Had that not happened, I wonder if they'd actually still be doing it today. Good lord, can you imagine entire 3 hour Raw of them arguing with each other? Speaking of that....

4) Raw Going to 3 Hours Permanently = Starting with Raw 1000, the show went to a full three hours and most of the time, the show has proven to be a chore to sit through. The obvious attempts at stretching for time, the overuse of recaps, the longer promos, the matches becoming more and more meaningless have all been side effects of trying to stretch the show out to three hours. It isn't like WWE had a stellar product before the change, so trying to pad it out to full an even longer block of time has proven to be a daunting task that only makes the show harder to watch.

5) The Anonymous Raw GM = It was annoying...it was grating...and it made the show look stupid for what? A year? And people defended it to me saying "Yeah, it seems dumb, but chill out. Once they reveal who it is, it'll be a HUGE surprise!". Well....how'd that payoff go? Oh yeah, they dropped it and didn't say who it was until LONG after the fact when, oh wait, it turned out to be Hornswoggle. Well...yeah, totally worth it, right?

·
Registered
353 Posts
1) The Miz wwe champion
2) Rock beating Punk (should have been Taker for the title)
3) Del Rio multiple title shots
4) Nexus losing the first match
5) Ambrose not being considered as a top guy

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Royal Rumble 2015
Royal Rumble 2014
The Authority
Raw going to 3 hours
Anonymous GM

·
Registered
291 Posts
1) Nexus losing at Summerslam 2010 in their debut match.
2) Royal Rumble match 2015
3) Royal Rumble match 2014
4) John Cena/Michael Cole segment
5) The Rock vs John Cena 2

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
1) Daniel Bryan is called a turd.
2) Daniel Bryan is called a turd.
3) Daniel Bryan is called a turd.
4) Daniel Bryan is called a turd.
5) Daniel Bryan being eliminated from the 2015 RR like a worthless piece of trash.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,349 Posts
RR 2014
RR 2015
2015 road to Wrestlemania
Anon GM
Guest Hosts, they always suck and they bring people who are not PG at all.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Just going on the last few months :

- Every time Stephanie McMahon grabs a microphone
- Insinuations of a vibrating dildo in Seth Rollins' briefcase / green stuff squirting out of his briefcase
-The Reigns promos about the beanstalk and the whole sufferin succotash thing.
-Brie Bella
-That thing with Dean Ambrose and the mannequin of Seth Rollins / the hot dog cart / his evaluation thing with the doctor (even though he made it passable)
-Michael Cole not dying.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
21,293 Posts
1. Bryan's attempted burial in general.

2. WWE forcing Reigns over Bryan at Wrestlemania.

3. CM Punk leaving WWE.

4. Royal Rumble 2015

5. Royal Rumble 2014

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
In no order keeping in mind I took a wrestling hiatus through most of 2010 bleeding into over half of 2011. Keep in mind too I ouldnt stand John Laurinitis' voice, so usually when he was on my tv I did something else

Bella twin feud
The Undertaker/Kane vegetative state story complete with the overproduced promos
The Batista debacle/RoyalRumble2014
Cole vs Lawler WM 27 match
The forced push of Roman Reigns that nobody is buying (that is a collection of moments, but I'm putting it here any

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
1. Wrestlemania 27
2. Royal Rumble 2015
3. Royal Rumble 2014
4. Vladimir Kozlov
5. Kevin Nash against Punk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts