Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ok am i the only one who finds the smackdown main event cringy to watch with this poor edge vs kane feud i cant even watch smackdown as much because i think the quality of the show its terrible now ,
its like the crowd dont seem interested in it as well its just boring
whats yout thoughts??

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,822 Posts
It's pretty woeful, to say the least. Worst Feud of the Year, 2010: Edge vs. Kane. Collect your hardware, guys! And let's give a special mention to Paul Bearer for the best labored screaming in a supporting role since Stephanie was kidnapped by The Undertaker.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
It's something different I like it. The whole backstage antics is pretty funny at times. It's just something different. Something that boring old PG hasn't offered us. It isn't just, I hate you, you hate me let's fight.

·
Registered
379 Posts
It's better than Rey having the belt. There really just aren't any credible main eventers atm besides Edge, Kane, Big Show, and Mysterio.

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Smackdown should be the brand that gives the young guys the ball to run with, they have Swagger, ADR, McIntyre, Rhodes, Dolph, Kofi. Having anyone of those guys in the main event scene wouldn't hurt it it would make it better. I would rather see Edge vs Swagger, Edge vs Ziggler, ADR vs Rey, Rey vs Dolph. Give them a chance and they will shine, just take a look at the current WWE Champion The Miz.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
honestly this feud has run better than taker vs kane

-edge is doing this for the title, he wants to be 10th time world champion
-he kidnapped the manager of the champ to make him lose his focus and make an easier victory
-he's messing with the champ ot weaken him mentally so he will be an easy prey

at least they stopped the "devil's fave demon" crap, that was awful

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
they need to rebuild swagger and fucking push Kofi now

as is they have no big match for SD come mania time

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Of course they do! Taker will be back and good as new by then! Right? RIGHT? Ohgodtheyaresoscrewed
They have ADR vs Edge, Edge vs Christian, Edge vs Christian vs ADR, ADR vs Rey, Edge vs Swagger, honestly Taker doesn't need to be involvd in the Smackdown WHC main event, rather see him go up against someone like Swagger, Sheamus, Barrett.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
The Kane vs Edge feud is getting stale pretty fast I just wish it would end. They need to hurry up and put ADR in the Main Event scene before this boring Kane/Edge feud turns a lot of viewers away.

·
18,822 Posts
I feel compelled to quote my post from the "Jack Swagger whats next?" thread, concerning the ongoing discussion of the general weakness of Smackdown as a brand at the moment...

"Ever since Swagger's reign concluded six months ago, barring Alberto Del Rio, Smackdown has had a much more heavy-duty, reinforced glass ceiling. Right now there are three babyface Smackdown main-eventers in Rey Mysterio, Big Show and Edge, and two Smackdown main event heels in Alberto Del Rio and Kane.

Undertaker getting injured in late October really threw just about all of Smackdown's plans for a loop. They decided to try to make the best of it with this Edge/Kane feud, which I'll admit was sort of well-timed since Edge had just gone to Smackdown a few weeks earlier but it's as dull as dishwater.

Smackdown needs some room cleared. Taker should face up to his physical disintegration and only show up for The Road to Wrestlemania anymore, because 90% of his meaningful material is all within that one span of time each year. Kane should drop the belt sometime soon and retire on such a positive note, the guy's pushing 44. They should follow through with Del Rio and make him the top heel of Smackdown for the foreseeable future. Promote Jack Swagger to the #2 heel position, which Del Rio currently occupies.

If Wrestlemania is in Toronto, based on Edge's proclaimed timeline, he's due to retire there in 2012. Big Show could be traded back to Raw to help fill the main event babyface gap there (it's fundamentally just a banged-up Orton and a "fired" Cena at the moment until Triple H returns) in the spring, making room for, say, Kofi Kingston, to be elevated alongside Mysterio and Edge. The #3 heel spot could go to McIntyre, Rhodes, Ziggler, a heel traded from Raw or whoever. But at least then you've got a generally good main event six-man circle following Wrestlemania, with Rey, Kofi and Edge going up against Del Rio, Swagger and ______. Taker of course would be a face but only a part-time one, and during his RTWM storylines he's usually seen on both shows anyway.

But there's no question that in 2010, Raw has had the definite advantage over Smackdown in terms of midcard-to-main event mobility. Miz became WWE Champion, Barrett became the top heel, Sheamus became an established main event star, Morrison finally found renewed momentum following the botching of his push on Smackdown back in mid-'09, Bryan has been booked terrifically, a group of rookies hold the show hostage on most episodes, etceteras. Smackdown experimented with Swagger, made Kane a main-eventer again and they seem committed with Del Rio but it's nowhere near what Raw has managed this year."

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
All of Smackdown is cringeworthy with the exception of Alberto Del Rio. It's basically two hours of meaningless Kofi/Ziggler matches and shitty Kane promos.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
The IWC really seems to want it to happen, but I basically see no indication the it will. The WWE has shown no faith in Christian since his return and I doubt they will suddenly start at WM time.
i wouldn't say that

Christian wont have the time to turn heel and get over as a hell in time to feud with edge

·
18,822 Posts
The losses of Matt Hardy and MVP respectively are like the final, final, final nails in the coffin for Christian, as if he needed any more of them. They're going to want to have one respected veteran face on Smackdown to put over their young heels. There's a better shot of him getting Burning Hammered to death by Tyler Reks in the MITB match than him contesting against Edge at Wrestlemania. On one hand he'd actually be better off staying a face since the face side of Smackdown's midcard is so terribly weak (right now it's basically Kofi and... Kaval... and... uh... Chris Masters... and... um... JTG, if you can count the latter two as midcarders...), but on the other hand as a face they'll want him to remain primarily enhancement talent for the midcard heel side which is brimming with potential stars, including a few guys with whom he's already had mini-feuds (unfinished business with ascending Del Rio, McIntyre, Ziggler, Rhodes, Reks, Hawkins, possibly more work with Swagger, etceteras). And if he's traded to Raw, he'll show up on that program once a month and be relegated to Superstars most of the time against Primo or somebody of equal stature. The ship has sailed, WWE's on the quest for future big-time stars, almost everybody else be damned, as their recent releases prove, he's not even a blip on their radar as anything more than fodder for guys they're intent on pushing.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts