Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
That’s right, I’m not hurt at all. I could give two runny shits what anybody else thinks. You started throwing your psychobabble bullshit at people who put him on ignore, I fucking answered you, not him. So fuck off with your pussy talk. People doing the tough guy act toward strangers on the internet, that’s who needs to take a hard look at their life.
It's not really a tough guy act. It's more telling you that you're weak for blocking him. We aren't tough for accepting criticisms of things we like, we are normal.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Or whatever the fuck his name is.... DAMN you waste more time on this forum than me (and I'm a pretty hardcore fan, just dont have time to post lately with parties and bitches) posting ESSAYS after ESSAYS about how much you hate AEW. And you're not the one to provide constructive criticism -- you're like Corney -- you hate because you have some of personal issues with the people involved or with the product.

I just find it fascinating that someone would spend hours (that they will never get back) on a forum dedicated to a product that they hate. Keep at it, troll! We're only pretending to take you seriously.
Ah, another insecure AEW fan. Wish I would have came sooner into this thread with popcorn in hand :).

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I only read the first post atm (edit: read the rant on the other page later), but I’ll vouche for Wood.

After picking apart his arguments, I’d say everything he says clearly is or aims to be accurate, factual, honest, and logical.

You might disagree with his arguments when you differ philosophically, but that’s all.

In general, I’d say people often have trouble grasping what others are truly saying when they come from a different philosophical perspective, so that’s all this is. For example, Wood follows Cornette closely while I follow Russo, but everything he’s ever argued that differs to my opinion is still accurate, I just differ with my underlying view of how I think wrestling is most entertaining to me. If people from the Cornette and Russo camps can fairly debate and respect what was written, then anyone can respect his posts. Just read carefully and don’t assume the worst in people, he’s a good dude.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Ignoring what this post was about, the correlation between what he says, how he says it and what he thinks of himself, who then throws it right back at you, is the reason why I wrote this. Continue. Please.
Just pay attention to what he’s actually saying. Everything else (tone, intention, personality) is coloured by your own assumptions, so you might be wrong.

Just read the literal words you see on your screen and respond precisely to the words you see. That way, you’ll avoid making assumptions that may or may not be true.

Regarding personalities, read about INTP/INTJ types, which make up under 5% of the population, as these personality types tend to take words more literally like how I just described, and this one miscommunication problem might explain much of your narcissist hypothesis stuff.

Of course, I could be wrong as I have very little information to go by and I’m now making a number of assumptions myself, but I think the above might be helpful.

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Just pay attention to what he’s actually saying. Everything else (tone, intention, personality) is coloured by your own assumptions, so you might be wrong.

Just read the literal words you see on your screen and respond precisely to the words you see. That way, you’ll avoid making assumptions that may or may not be true.

Regarding personalities, read about INTP/INTJ types, which make up under 5% of the population, as these personality types tend to take words more literally like how I just described, and this one miscommunication problem might explain much of your narcissist hypothesis stuff.

Of course, I could be wrong as I have very little information to go by and I’m now making a number of assumptions myself, but I think the above might be helpful.
Actually, I am INTJ. There are advantages and disadvantages. INTPs obsess about details. I find too many details really annoying. One thing we agree on is emotion is overrated.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
I'm an INFJ. Less than 1% of the population? No wonder I feel like I'm lost in an alien planet longing for a home that I'll never find

·
Team AEW
2,775 Posts
Hmm, at the end of the day the guy that created this thread is banned, and The Wood is not... so did the troll win, or was Gh0stFace the troll the whole time? :unsure:

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's more telling you that you're weak for blocking him. We aren't tough for accepting criticisms of things we like, we are normal.
I blocked Woody even though I agree with most of the crap he says about AEW. It's just annoying seeing him post his bullshit everyday. i used to be a daily lurker, but it got annoying how everytime I saw a thread updated,
it was one of his armchair promoter posts where he acts like some big shot but he's almost verbatim just repeating the same crap Corny said, and I actually agree with Corny most of the time too. (Except for Corny's love for Seth Rollins. I don't understand that at all.)

He seriously reminds me of the trolls I used to see at music message boards where they just go down a list of talking points specifically designed to irritate a fanbase.

WTH is his day job if he has that much time to waste just whining to people who have no power to change everythign that AEW is doing wrong?

I dunno. I'm ENTP and he honestly comes off like a narcissist to me too. None of his info dumps are really all that informative. A lot of it is just common sense if you've been a fan of wrestling for decades.
Maybe his tone has changed since then, but from what I recall from back in the days when I was lurking, everytime I came across one of his posts, he came off like the most pretentious all-knowing douche I've ever seen, and I've been around political forums which have a lot of posters who are similar to him.

I think the reason he comes off as more annoying to me (than most political debaters are, is coz he's dead serious about a relatively unserious topic, such as wrestling. I just want to see some brawling & T & A and none of the main Wrestling feds do that anyway. You have to go with MLW or even more indie than that just to see a blast of Wrestling's 90s era past.

·
Banned
44 Posts
so i was a lurker for some time and recently joined. i think the problem people have with the wood is his negativity toward AEW. but i don't think he's a troll. usually he uses sound logic and reasoning, although sometimes it appears heavily biased. i think if he was to experience an AEW show live that he would see things more flexibly. i just don't understand the cognitive dissonance because i know he likes MJF but is very anti-AEW when they are building MJF to be a big deal with the most over biggest babyface in the game right now.

·
Premium Member
16,574 Posts
so i was a lurker for some time and recently joined. i think the problem people have with the wood is his negativity toward AEW. but i don't think he's a troll. usually he uses sound logic and reasoning, although sometimes it appears heavily biased. i think if he was to experience an AEW show live that he would see things more flexibly. i just don't understand the cognitive dissonance because i know he likes MJF but is very anti-AEW when they are building MJF to be a big deal with the most over biggest babyface in the game right now.
You're a rejoiner.

And you're dumb.

And you're ugly.

And you're fat.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts