Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or whatever the fuck his name is.... DAMN you waste more time on this forum than me (and I'm a pretty hardcore fan, just dont have time to post lately with parties and bitches) posting ESSAYS after ESSAYS about how much you hate AEW. And you're not the one to provide constructive criticism -- you're like Corney -- you hate because you have some of personal issues with the people involved or with the product.

I just find it fascinating that someone would spend hours (that they will never get back) on a forum dedicated to a product that they hate. Keep at it, troll! We're only pretending to take you seriously.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
As someone who wasted time talking to the Wood. I strongly suggest putting him on ignore. The guy admitty hates AEW and rooting for it to fail. Yet he spends hours on the AEW forum all day trashing it.

For someone to find enjoyment doing that. I just feel bad for him at this point. He clearly has issues and it's not worth actual fans of AEW time viewing or responding to his trash posts.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whenever there's a whiff of a success, I knew haters like The Wood would come out of the wood work because any sign of change is a threat to their perception of reality. AEW is making wrestling cool again. WWE/NXT is for boomers. And ratings confirm my intuition. This old fart will probably dead within a few years and no one will even care.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The Wood is allowed his opinion just like you are. How could he have anything personal against Cody, The Bucks and Omega? He likely has never met them for an extended period of time.

Cornette hates AEW because it goes against everything he likes in wrestling not because of personal reasons 🙄

1,613 Posts
As someone who wasted time talking to the Wood. I strongly suggest putting him on ignore. The guy admitty hates AEW and rooting for it to fail. Yet he spends hours on the AEW forum all day trashing it.

For someone to find enjoyment doing that. I just feel bad for him at this point. He clearly has issues and it's not worth actual fans of AEW time viewing or responding to his trash posts.
Just playing devil's advocate here, most of the members here take pleasure on trashing WWE product everyday as well. So you see it's not that surprising really.

·
Registered
453 Posts
You made it @The Wood you got your own thread! Some pro wrestlers don't even get that! You are over brother!

Even if you disagree with Woody at least he spends time formulating his posts and uses good logical arguments. Is he always going to be right? No, but neither am I or any other poster. He's still entitled to his opinion. If he doesn't like the way AEW is running right now then let him express it. If you're that passionate about it then argue his points. He doesn't want AEW to fail, quite the opposite, he wants them to make changes to have mainstream appeal so they can grow and be relevant and not fade into oblivion in 5 years. He has his opinions on how that needs to be done. That's it. Let the guy post what he wants and if you have personal beef send him a PM or meet him in person.

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,896 Posts
You made it @The Wood you got your own thread! Some pro wrestlers don't even get that! You are over brother!

Even if you disagree with Woody at least he spends time formulating his posts and uses good logical arguments. Is he always going to be right? No, but neither am I or any other poster. He's still entitled to his opinion. If he doesn't like the way AEW is running right now then let him express it. If you're that passionate about it then argue his points. He doesn't want AEW to fail, quite the opposite, he wants them to make changes to have mainstream appeal so they can grow and be relevant and not fade into oblivion in 5 years. He has his opinions on how that needs to be done. That's it. Let the guy post what he wants and if you have personal beef send him a PM or meet him in person.
This guy is the prime example of what I posted about in the toxic thread — he wants and expects AEW to be something it isn’t. He had expectations going in, AEW is NOT THAT. He doesn’t like it and wants them to change, and fuck whatever anybody else wants or likes, or the fact that millions of other fans DO enjoy most of it AS IT IS. And anybody who disagrees with him is WRONG and just a blind AEW stan. Not to mention that this tool rambles on and on and on and on and on with these epic missives of gibberish making the same stupid arguments over and over and over. They’re not well thought-out posts, they’re massive mindless bran dumps of incoherent shit. Just say what you have to say, then get the fuck on with your life.

Sorry you’re disappointed — life is full of disappointments, a fact too fucking many people around here can’t seem to come to grips with.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like The Wood because he says everything that I want to say about AEW and says it with better verbiage than I'd ever use. I love the fact that he has so much time on his hands to put the AEW stans in their place

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,808 Posts
I somehow have not seen one post from The Wood (stupid fucking username, though).

This is the first post I have ever seen from the OP, I think.

I love rants that call out other members, but, if it's two nothings, it's not fun.

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,896 Posts
I like The Wood because he says everything that I want to say about AEW and says it with better verbiage than I'd ever use. I love the fact that he has so much time on his hands to put the AEW stans in their place
Except most of us ‘AEW stans’ have this gumflapping fuckwad on ignore, so who’s getting put in their place? And where exactly is the AEW stans’ place anyway, if not the AEW forum? He’s just another long-winded blithering idiot who uses a fuckload of words to say what nobody except other blithering idiots gives a shit to read.

I somehow have not seen one post from The Wood (stupid fucking username, though).
Which makes you about as blessed as those guys who’ve never seen a post from ol’ crusty crotch Mary.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
This guy is the prime example of what I posted about in the toxic thread — he wants and expects AEW to be something it isn’t. He had expectations going in, AEW is NOT THAT. He doesn’t like it and wants them to change, and fuck whatever anybody else wants or likes, or the fact that millions of other fans DO enjoy most of it AS IT IS. And anybody who disagrees with him is WRONG and just a blind AEW stan. Not to mention that this tool rambles on and on and on and on and on with these epic missives of gibberish making the same stupid arguments over and over and over. They’re not well thought-out posts, they’re massive mindless bran dumps of incoherent shit. Just say what you have to say, then get the fuck on with your life.

Sorry you’re disappointed — life is full of disappointments, a fact too fucking many people around here can’t seem to come to grips with.
But this is exactly what you guys do too. If someone says they dislike a few things, not the entirety of the show you and your buddies will say "If you don't like it, go watch the WWE". How is that not anyone who disagrees with you being considered wrong too? This whole post is hypocritical. We just want to company to expand to be as popular as they can possibly be. Why do you want it to stay as a niche company that won't survive on national tv?

·
Registered
453 Posts

You did make one good point, and that being about some people wishing it was something it wasn't. It's true that AEW never did come out and say that they were going to go big and I know they stated they weren't trying to compete with WWE. I think where some people might have gotten mixed messages is when they said that they were going to go for the "lapsed fan," the "lapsed fan" in most people's definition would be the fans that left after the Attitude Era which would imply that they were going for big numbers.

I can't speak for everyone but I wouldn't be surprised if half or more of the people disappointed with AEW's direction and current ratings/etc. is for that reason.

The others I think might be thinking that AEW HAS to start thinking big if they want to sustain themselves long term and there are some decent arguments to this.

Personally I think AEW will thrive even if they stay as is but I don't think they can drop below 600k or so on a constant basis (this hasn't happend yet and maybe never will) without things getting a little hot under the collar. It really depends on TNT though and no one here really knows what they want or how they are looking at things financially.

But this is exactly what you guys do too. If someone says they dislike a few things, not the entirety of the show you and your buddies will say "If you don't like it, go watch the WWE". How is that not anyone who disagrees with you being considered wrong too? This whole post is hypocritical. We just want to company to expand to be as popular as they can possibly be. Why do you want it to stay as a niche company that won't survive on national tv?
Very good point. If it's me (I realize it's not) I'm going to try to make it as big as possible and appeal to as many hardcores, inbetweeners, and casuals as possible to ensure a good strong brand and long term network survival.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts