Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Uh true at least Smackdown's division does. Thats what happens when you don't have enough main event talent in your division. They really only have Charlotte and Becky and they seem to love to protray Becky extremely weakly. No one is going to be able to convince me Naomi or Carmella are anything more than low midcarders and that Tamina shouldn't be a jobber and released already. Combined with the at best uppermidcard Natalya they have a shitty division. The one saving grace is a Charlotte vs Becky feud throughout the summer.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Well, you've managed to actually shock me. Earlier there was discussion as to whether or not you'd figure out a way to whine and bitch if Alexa lost a match. You've just knocked the ball out of the park here and made a thread whining after BECKY WON.

·
Banned
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, you've managed to actually shock me. Earlier there was discussion as to whether or not you'd figure out a way to whine and bitch if Alexa lost a match. You've just knocked the ball out of the park here and made a thread whining after BECKY WON.
Becky won a meaningless match. She is going to lose the five-way because she's a face and so is Naomi.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Wait, I haven't watched Smackdown but you're telling, Becky Lynch won a match?

Reactions: nyelator

·
Registered
84 Posts
Cross-postage from the Bliss thread:

The overall booking of the women's division across both brands does not reflect well on the division as a whole. If we accept that Charlotte Flair and Alexa Bliss are to be the standard bearers for each brand going forward then they are going to need credible talent to work with. There is an old saying in baseball that "momentum is only as good as the next day's starting pitcher" and in wrestling momentum is only as good as the next opponent you work against. The only thing is in professional wrestling it's not so much the talent you bring to the table, but how you are perceived by the audience that gives you that momentum. Right now Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks, both of whom are credible talents are being booked to look like absolute losers and yet ostensibly later this summer they are both going to be called upon for feature programs likely against Flair and Bliss respectively. That being said, you reap what you sow...by diminishing and devaluing the talents of Lynch and Banks there will be a carry over effect to any featured program you book them in which will by necessity diminish the program and ALL of the talents involved in it.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
You're just realizing this? Haha good morning! Naomi is the worst divas champion ever.

Carmella is decent. Natalya is a veteran. Becky can be ok sometimes. Charlotte is good but she's 50% a man. Tamina only has like 3 boring moves.

The booking is the biggest problem here (shocker!). There are only 6 women, they can be booked properly but the "creative" team is either dumb or they don't put in any effort, so they just threw them all together in one repetitive feud.

Reactions: nyelator

·
Registered
84 Posts
Wait, I haven't watched Smackdown but you're telling, Becky Lynch won a match?
Individual wins/losses are not as important in modern professional wrestling as they were a generation ago. Today's audiences have a shorter attention span and can easily forgive a less than stellar W/L record. Instead it is how you are perceived by audiences that make you either a credible talent or not. If the paying audience does not believe that a program is evenly booked, then they won't buy into the theater as much as they would if you had two talents either of whom is capable of winning a match against the other. The problem with Becky Lynch right now isn't so much her W/L record but the fact that she is perceived as a loser by much of the wrestling audience who tries to grasp the brass ring, only to see it slip through her fingers. So instead of every match she goes out and has being perceived as a build towards something bigger, it becomes a recurring game of waiting to see how Becky Lynch is going to get screwed over this week. Probably not the wisest long-term booking strategy by anyone's estimation.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Are we back with the I hate naomi threads. She gave us some great segments with charlotte and elmworth and her entrances are always fun.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Both sides aren't that great tbh

·
Registered
84 Posts
i'm not hating on naomi, she's just been booked poorly as champ
That's because she's essentially viewed as a transitional champion...a device used to get the belt off of Alexa Bliss and onto Charlotte Flair without actually having Bliss and Flair match up against one another. When the time comes, Naomi will do the honors for Charlotte, although at this point it's not as if Charlotte is going to gain much from taking the belt off Naomi as it's the outcome everyone expects to see.

·
Registered
448 Posts
That's because she's essentially viewed as a transitional champion...a device used to get the belt off of Alexa Bliss and onto Charlotte Flair without actually having Bliss and Flair match up against one another. When the time comes, Naomi will do the honors for Charlotte, although at this point it's not as if Charlotte is going to gain much from taking the belt off Naomi as it's the outcome everyone expects to see.
She won the Belt as Wrestlemania, no one sees her an transitional except for you and all of the Naomi haters who find anything to criticize her for. The obsession is real

·
Registered
84 Posts
She won the Belt as Wrestlemania, no one sees her an transitional except for you and all of the Naomi haters who find anything to criticize her for. The obsession is real
Not hating on anyone. Been watching pro wrestling since 1975 and after forty-two years, I just call 'em like I see 'em. She's a transitional champion.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Obsession? Really? Just because you zero in on every post that offers even a morsel of criticism towards Naomi and start whining calling people Naomi haters doesn't make it anywhere close to obsession. Now, let's get off the space shuttle and get you back into reality. Ready for it? Naomi barely gets talked about on this forum. Here's the order that anyone that actually reads this place surely will agree with on who gets talked about the most.

1. Alexa

Gap

2. Becky

Gap

3. Charlotte

Gap

Sasha, Bayley, Asuka

Everyone else. The only Naomi talk you hear lately is in relation to defending Alexa's booking and how she's a transitional champion.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts