Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone kinda feel that it don’t matter who wins cause none of these guys are going to have a great career (well that’s what I think) but the person who has gained the most out of this series at least is in fact Josh Matthews?

Seriously I didn’t watch much of season 3 but from what I did it seemed he didn’t really stand out as much because cole was being this big heel and everyone was kinda paying most attention to him. This series however it feels his commentary really stands out and after commentating on raw few times the last couple of months I think this guy might have a big future and really is the winner of NXT season 4.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: Cobwebber

·
Registered
188 Posts
They are all so boring, i think the winner should be Curtis though, based on the fact he looks half decent.

·
Premium Member
16,993 Posts
Bateman is the only one that seems to be able to get any kind of connection with the crowds. Clay is just a big mean dude, Curtis seems to be a bit too nervous at times, and Saxton just seems to be there.

Bateman should win it, but he'll either go nowhere or he'll be on just long enough for his act to get stale and then he'll get lost in th shuffle.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
The whole purpose of NXt is to put over Michael Cole as a heel. Isn't it obvious. :side:

More people watch FCW(on syndicated TV) than NXT.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Kaval basically invalidates the winner of this one or any show to come. I know Kaval shouldn't have won to be the next "breakout" star in the first place but he did and they decided to job him out and then just let him leave and go back to the indys. NXT is always an entertaining show so that's why I watch it. If either Bateman or Brodus Clay wins it I'll be happy because they could be future names to be reckoned with in WWE.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Bateman is the only one who really stands a chance in at least being a long term star imo. To be honest though he'd be lucky to get to mid-card level, is he's unlucky he could be the next Santino.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Saxton or Curtis needs the NXT win the most.

Bateman can still hang around with Bryan so he'll somehow get a job.
Clay can act as security for Del Rio

Saxton and Curtis won't have any real shot of making it into WWE if they don't win NXT

·
Registered
458 Posts
I fell in love with a southern girl
I gave her wings
but she don't wanna fly no more

Slow it down...
Slow it down...

She wants a ring
And she's slamming the door
"But baby don't cry
whatcha in a hurry for?"

Slow it down...
Slow it down...

We are wild and young
We have just begun

So slow it down you move a little too fast
You take a deep breath, you make this last
These should be the best days of your life
So right, so right, tonight

I said we are wild and young
Oh, we are wild and young

Well, her free fall came a little out of the blue
What happened to the days of doing what we wanted to do?

Slow it down...
Slow it down...

Well, we should kick back
and getta have a little fun
Two kids getting high
Have a couple beers in the sun

Slow it down...
Slow it down...

While we are wild and young, yeah
Oh, we have just begun

We are wild and young

Go on, slow it down you move a little too fast
You take a deep breath, you're making it last
I say that these should be the best days of your life
So right, so right, tonight

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I said it early on and stick by it: this is the most complete class of NXT we've had. In time, they'll probably all shine, to some degree or other. That includes the now departed Carlton, Bignose Whitevest, and Ratman.

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
Bateman has it locked up. Theyve been jobbing Curtis and Clay is a heel. Unlike season 1, the crowd plays a bigger factor in the outcome making it almost impossible for a heel to win. Saxton has a shot at a replacing Grisham as the 3rd string commentator but that's about it. Also think theres potential for Bryan/Batemen to last a while and have a run as tag champs.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Bateman is going to win this without a doubt just based on his pro. There's no way ADR is going to be booked in a tag title match this close to Mania so Brodus won't win and there seems to be some dissension teased between Truth and Curtis. All 3 of them will be on the main roster immediately after NXT though so it's not really a big deal.

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,743 Posts
I really want Big Bad Brodus Clay to win.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Bateman is the only one that seems to be able to get any kind of connection with the crowds. Clay is just a big mean dude, Curtis seems to be a bit too nervous at times, and Saxton just seems to be there.

Bateman should win it, but he'll either go nowhere or he'll be on just long enough for his act to get stale and then he'll get lost in th shuffle.
Kinda of hard to have no connection with the crowd when all you do is get cheap pops.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
The whole purpose of NXt is to put over Michael Cole as a heel. Isn't it obvious. :side:

More people watch FCW(on syndicated TV) than NXT.
Sorry, but I don't think that the writers came up to Vince and said something like this: " Hey Vince, we got this idea, we make a show called NXT just to put Micheal Cole over, screw the talents, they will get their 15 minutes of fame".

·
Registered
225 Posts
Bateman will win this. He and Bryan can (and should) stay together and have a run as tag team champions together. Bateman's very entertaining.

Curtis gets eliminated and heads back to FCW or whatever. Don't care about him much.

Brodus gets moved up to the roster as Del Rio's muscle/backup. Once Del Rio becomes champion, he'll have Brodus do all of his dirty work and stand in for him during matches until Brodus eventually gets fed up with it and then they turn him face.

That's what I think/hope happens.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I hope Brodus Clay wins - he's the only one who shows genuine star quality. But he's clearly under instructions to make himself as unlikeable as possible, so that's probably not going to happen. But I'm sure he's going to have a career in WWE whatver.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts