Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off let me state I think DB and Punk is a good feud, but not a feud that should be yet maybe around Wrestlemania time. But this thread is basically to point out that the whole RAW storyline they have going has been screwed up for nearly most of the main-eventers.

First off I would of had Lesnar destroy Cena, putting him out of television so he can get his long-deserved rest. I know Lesnar has certain dates but from then till the summer I would of had him do half of his dates so than he can rest up after Summerslam and return around January time to finish up the rest of his dates till Wrestlemania.

Heres how it should of gone down:

Lesnar destroys Cena. (Cena takes his time off from the company). He than makes his return at Summerslam to get his revenge on Lesnar.

CM Punk enters the storyline with Johnny Ace and basically its Big Show vs Punk. This is more interesting it's more of a ' David vs Golliath ' match and especially with Punks long reign it makes you wonder if Punk can beat Show?

Daniel Bryan should not be anywhere near Punk yet, so he should be currently with Sheamus/Orton leading to a triple threat match at Summerslam.

What you guys reckon? does this fit the way it should of went.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Just cause something is happening now DOESN'T mean it'll be WWEs summer story.

The Nexus story didn't even happen until the first week in June.
The Punk stuff didn't happen until the last week of June.

So people assuming WWE is doing certain things for the summer, when it's not even June yet, proves how fast people jump to conclusions.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
I agree that Cena needed to lose at Extreme Rules. For himself and for Brock. But the WWE writers were too short sighted.

After he got destroyed they could have had Lesnar dominate the scene for a little while without using up too many of his appearances, just having his presence on the show and occasionally destroying some of the midcarders like Hunico and Camacho. Then they could have built the show around Punk vs Lauranitis and DB vs Orton for a little while, then closer to SS time bring Cena back to face Lesnar and have Bryan feud with Punk.

·
Premium Member
17,318 Posts
I think it's the same thing as last year. WWE feels like a filler between Summer Slam and WM. So we aren't going to get too interesting of pushes because they need to keep their top stars (Brock, Cena, Punk) all well and happy till SS and WM. Remember the stupid fillers for Cena before He fought Rock. They're just going to have him feud with Big Show, then someone else, then SS, then a few small feuds, then WM, and repeat.

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts
You can't have long storylines with Lesnar...
He's leaving in a year so when he's around he needs to face as much people as possible.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Cena needed to lose at Extreme Rules and get destroy to the point where he is out til Summerslam , He can make a comeback at Summerslam..

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
The storyline for the summer should have been the continued fall out and downward spiral of the John Cena character post Wrestlemania. Cena said that his match with The Rock meant everything, and he couldn't lose. Well he did. But apparently everything's fine, and it is as if Wrestlemania never happened. Cena keeps smiling and lives to fight another day! :rolleyes:

The key to everything - and the true pay off from Wrestlemania wasn't the records they set, or the money they made. No. It was the opportunity that was there for pushing Cena into the next phase of his career. And it has been wasted. The fact is Cena got cocky at Wrestlemania, and it cost him "everything". He put it all on the line, and was beaten straight up in the biggest match of his career. That disarray, frustration and disappointment should be weighing heavily on the John Cena character and continuing to effect him.

To make things worse for him, Lesnar then should have come in and beaten Cena, adding insult to injury. Cena would have finally been made vulnerable - truly the hero in peril - and would have to struggle to pick himself up. The long term pay off would have been immense and the smartest thing they could have done. And they chosen to keep Cena the exact same...

Ball dropped by WWE once again.

·
Registered
229 Posts
lets face it if that happened..we would still be bitching right now

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,306 Posts
Cena should have been shelved by Brock Cena with realistic-sounding injuries that would make sense for him to be off T.V. for 2 or 3 months.

WWE makes too much safe money from it.

CM Punk should be the man feuding with Johnny Ace and his lackies, Tensai and a heel turn Big Show.

Bryan should remain on Smackdown feuding with Sheamus, Orton and a returned Christian.

A massive match around Survivor Series or Royal Rumble could have been created with Punk/Bryan III: The Final Battle for heavyweight unification.

·
Standing with The Man
6,242 Posts
Like the brands matter in Raw Supershow era, I reckon as soon as Raw goes 3 hours the Brand rosters will be all but over and Smackdown will become the midcard show.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
The whole RAW storyline for the summer has been completely f*cked up!

The Summer didn't even start, and we quite possibly don't know what's the focal summer storyline is. Pointless thread, kinda like an premature ejaculation of hate...

·
Registered
38 Posts
They've been running the same storyline with cena for the longest time, someone comes in beats cena for 4 weeks and then loses in the next ppv. Happened when Kane came back, Brock, and I can see it happening with big show.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
What summer storyline? There hasn't been one yet. I'm betting on HHH/Lesnar and Sheamus/Orton being storylines for the summer. And tbh both of those sound pretty damn good.

·
Wrestling Forum's Ace Attorney
4,126 Posts
The biggest mistake WWE did was have Cena beat Lesnar. Lesnar should have shelved Cena. Now we got that grinning idiotic superman having a boring main event feud with Big Show.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I agree that Cena should have been put on the shelf. His character needed to go, which would drive up demand for his return, as well as give some current stars a chance to step forward.

But to say that we're screwed for the rest of the summer is an over-reaction. Between Punk/Bryan, the debuting of new talent, and the rumored big program featuring Dean Ambrose, there's quite a bit to look forward to.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Orton Vs Daniel Bryan would make more sense now

Bryan Vs Punk should have been saved for a later date.

·
Stroking is the Antidote
3,160 Posts
Just cause something is happening now DOESN'T mean it'll be WWEs summer story.

The Nexus story didn't even happen until the first week in June.
The Punk stuff didn't happen until the last week of June.

So people assuming WWE is doing certain things for the summer, when it's not even June yet, proves how fast people jump to conclusions.
This.

And I'm sure the big summer storyline is gonna be HHH/Lesnar and Heyman which will probably kick off next month in June.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts