Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how long before that stupid gimmick is dropped? Sure he won King of the Ring and I was pleased and all, but did he really need to add the whole 'King' thing to his name and titantron?
It's really lame, I think personally, and he looks so silly with the crown on in match cards. I'm a pretty big fan of Sheamus so it's disappointing to see him looking like a bit of a joke. :cussin:

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
So how long before that stupid gimmick is dropped? Sure he won King of the Ring and I was pleased and all, but did he really need to add the whole 'King' thing to his name and titantron?
It's really lame, I think personally, and he looks so silly with the crown on in match cards. I'm a pretty big fan of Sheamus so it's disappointing to see him looking like a bit of a joke. :cussin:
C'mon now the dude didn't need a crown and cape to look silly...

The King Sheamus thing could work if the dude showed some confidence and gave off a real presence. When he walks out he always seems to have this dazed and confused look on his face. I don't think the dude really believes in the gimmick. He should take a page out of Triple H's book.

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
That crown could be the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life. :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
They could be doing a lot more with the King title besides book him to lose seemingly every time since the tourney. As for looking like a joke in it, the outfit isn't even close to being as bad as letting his character take shit from Marella. They might have elevated Morrison, but Sheamus came out on the shit end of that stick.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
The wrestling fan in me is telling me it's stupid. :no:

The Lord of the Rings fan in me is telling me it's awesome. 8*D

So I dunno :hmm:
It is a bit of a divide. Nerding and norming out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Agreed, he looks like a complete dick. His crown looks like hes sat down and made it with some preschool kids and it seems like hes just cut a curtain to get his cape.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Admittedly, I'm not too into it before a whole "Joke" Gimmick and it sort of is. But it will only last until HHH comes back and dethrones him.

·
Registered
72 Posts
agreed. he looks ridiculously stupid. its a cool achievement but to walk around looking like an idiot takes away from the achievement, just claim that you won it and move on lol

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
These "king" gimmicks are overdone, i hated it with booker, i despise it with sheamus. Let the man go back to being the celtic warrior not this bleached version of king booker. How can anyone just gingerly(pun intended) accept this gimmick when the celtic warrior gimmick was starting to get over?...he now looks like a villian in the next twilight movie dammit

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Sheamus is the King of the Ring. He brags about being the King of the Ring.

Triple H is the King of Kings. Sheamus kayfabe ended Triple H's career.

When Triple H returns, a feud of The King of the Ring vs The King of Kings will begin.

I thought that was "slap in the face" obvious..

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I actually like his "King Sheamus" attire...it makes him look more like a big deal, it adds a lot to his presence imo.

·
My name is 905 and I've just become alive
5,103 Posts
I enjoy Sheamus
I enjoy the outfit

With those disclosures out of the way...
I don't think it's working for him at all. I'd like to think it could, but creative doesn't seem to have anything for him at the moment. As others have said, the KOTR thing could just be to give him something to do until HHH comes back.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I've never liked the King of the Ring idea.
The winners always looks ridiculous - the Macho King, King Harley Race, King Booker, King Regal, etc.
But the worst thing is that you know they have nothing planned for them. It is it's own meaningless reward. The Kings rarely get a title run or anything like that. Being King is like being put into limbo.

·
Banned
749 Posts
Is it silly? Yes. Is it awesome? Yes.

·
Banned
306 Posts
Well I think it will add to the HHH feud, and who is the King of Kings.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts