Wrestling Forum banner

the whole jersey obsession

2918 Views 51 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  roberta
just have to ask, did WWE just copy TNA with the whole jersey shore thing?
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
What the hell is all the big fuss about it. I live in australia so we don't get as much soap opera crap on T.V.

I just sit there asking myself if i'm supposed to know who the fuck these clowns are.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What the hell is all the big fuss about it. I live in australia so we don't get as much soap opera crap on T.V.

I just sit there asking myself if i'm supposed to know who the fuck these clowns are.
1st: my sister went to your country for 3 months and she said she had the time of her life, so much respect to your country.
2nd: you guys are so lucky u don't have to deal with jersey shore crap

· Premium Member
24,105 Posts
Zack Ryder was doing a guido gimmick long before Robbie E. They got the most prominent star (atleast female) on the show and put her in a feud with Laycool though. Not exactly sure how that equals Robbie E and Cookie's alliance with Angelina or feud with J-Woww, but whatever floats your boat.

· Registered
978 Posts
I don't watch Jersey Shore, but from all the hoopla, it seems like Snooki is the real star. J-Whatever and the rest of the one's appearing on TNA are second rate. And WWE was doing guido gimmicks before Robbie E.

· I Have Mixed Drinks About Feelings
Then. Now. Forever. Whatever.
314 Posts
I don't watch Jersey Shore, but from all the hoopla, it seems like Snooki is the real star. J-Whatever and the rest of the one's appearing on TNA are second rate. And WWE was doing guido gimmicks before Robbie E.
Pretty much. Snooki's arguably the biggest star in reality tv along with the Situation. Also, to the people bitching about the WWE copying. Let's just say the WWE did this just because they knew they could one up TNA in terms of star quality. Would you expect anything less? They did it because they could, and why wouldn't they? That's just the way it is.

· Registered
344 Posts
Zack Ryder was doing a guido gimmick long before Robbie E. They got the most prominent star (atleast female) on the show and put her in a feud with Laycool though. Not exactly sure how that equals Robbie E and Cookie's alliance with Angelina or feud with J-Woww, but whatever floats your boat.
Most prominent female star? She is the most recognizable because she is by far the ugliest of them all, and most annoying. But than they made her feud with heels (Laycool) which makes no sense because everybody hates Snooki, so she should have been a heel as well. Angelina or J-Woww would have worked better as a face, so they should have went after them if that was the route they wanted to go. Dumb booking by WWE that will get overlooked because its WWE.

· Banned
2,174 Posts

· Registered
10,918 Posts
just have to ask, did WWE just copy TNA with the whole jersey shore thing?
WWE didn't copy the idea. Trust me no company wants to copy an idea as stupid as that. What WWE did was just calmly remind TNA that no matter what they do, they'll always be better. That and much like every WM there's always gonna be some hot celeb on it. It happened back in the 80s with Mr. T, in the 90s with Tyson, then with Mayweather and now Snooki, And unlike TNA, WWE wasn't so stupid enough to have her wrestle on FREE TV! Really how stupid is TNA? You should pay to see a celeb in the ring. Not get it FREE! So on PPV it wouldn't even be special.

So yeah this isn't coyping. It's just taking a stupid idea and doing it right.

I laugh at you TNA marks who really think this company is so significant that Mcmahon will go out of his way to copy an idea. Last time I checked Mcmahon isn't the one receiving ratings of 1.3s-1.5

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.