Wrestling Forum banner

The way AEW keeps taking shots at WWE is cringe

7546 Views 119 Replies 60 Participants Last post by  Gh0stFace
It’s really cringe and sad at this point. They literally came out with an ad name dropping NXT. Copied the Britt Baker thing from NXT. Cody’s continuous lame shots, as well as the fact that Jericho is basically doing a new list, etc...This is really turning into another TNA
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

· Locker Room Leader
15,176 Posts
The ad was cringe tbh. Idk how much of that is on AEW management and how much on TNT, but it looks pretty bad, especially since their demographic lead has been closing last 2 weeks and the actual numbers have been lower than NXT.

Reactions: jpickens and Ace

· Registered
603 Posts
I am starting to think Whysoserious? is Vince McMahon incognito.
You obviously don't like AEW and all you do is bash the product in the Dynamite thread. Next Wednesday when you say you are going to quit watching (again) after the first match, do us a favor and turn it off.

· Premium Member
27,046 Posts
Being a troll is generally not something people want in their forums. You're just here to cause trouble.

If the moderators care, that is.
@Joshi Judas and I agree. Are there are now 3 trolls in the thread or is possible someone didn't like something in AEW? You're the only troll here. You completely dismiss any other viewpoint as if it's a joke.

To the OP, I felt similar. It didn't both me as much as you. They're direct competition and it didn't feel like a direct shoot against WWE, but rather acknowledgement. Considering many of the people in both companies are fucking, I feel it's very much wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Like Joshi said, it could be more TNT requesting the references. It does make the stakes of AEW's success feel more important.

· Hiding in the shadows
2,914 Posts
Moderation for what? Me not liking what AEW is doing ?
All you do is shit on it. That's why the Mods should clean up some of that same shit, but they don't. Most of these threads have the exact same statement to make, only with the topic changed. So, just carry on with your endless banter of how bad AEW is. And you've only been here a month. I can't wait until you're really good. Keep at it Tiger!

· Registered
4,929 Posts
First of all WWE put AEW wrestler on tv during their ppv. Like it or not but that's the first strike. Just imagine WWE fanboys would say it AEW put Peyton Royce on during Shawn Spears match or Renee Young on during Moxley match. So AEW has every right to poke fun at it if they want and it was funny.

Same thing goes with Jericho. First of all Jericho coming out with a list goes all the way back to WCW. So it's not even a WWE thing. As long as it was one week thing to tease Moxley match and set up Jungle Boy match. Well it's fine and fun one night thing.

For someone with user name whysoserious. You sure as heck make big deal out of nothing. Neither of these things had major impact on the show to even consider it cringe. Relax pal, go get laid or something. Stop taking nothing so serious.

· Team AEW
4,161 Posts
Well, Cody definitely should stop dropping digs at them in every single promo of his. Just keep doing your thing man, you don't need to do that. Jericho's list is his thing, it's fine. And I don't know about that Britt Baker stuff, can't bring myself to watch one single segment with her anymore.

I have no problem with the announcers doing that, just don't shove it down our throats. Do it rarely, but strike to the point.

· One Winged Angel
3,708 Posts
The jokes are funny and the crowds always laugh. I see no problems here.

· Registered
16,676 Posts
No one bitched about wwf and wcw taking constant shots at each other because people liked it. Now the internet is full of soft snowflakes that think they know whats up

Most people enjoy it and thats all that matters.

Nothings gringe about making fun of someone doing soemt stupid and pointing it out.

Should we just let promotions do lame things ? Thats why mocking it makes it reasonable

· Locker Room Leader
15,176 Posts
I don't have much of a problem with the little digs taken during the show. It was the AEW ad which mentioned stuff like "completely trounces NXT" which seems unnecessary af.

· Registered
6,868 Posts
AEW is slowly dying. All they can do is taking pathetic potshots at superior brands.
Its dying because ratings are down.? Its normal for a new show to start off hot and cool down in terms of ratings. Thats not an indication its dying. They are still well above the projected ratings they had for themselves.

Reactions: Prosper and Ace
1 - 20 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.