Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have thought about it for ages. And after seeing Taylor Wilde being released just pushed me over to internet rant.

I have nothing against the TNA knock out division, I think they are doing well considering the Talent they let go.

However!

ODB!

Why did they let her go?! Why are they not trying to get her back. ODB was a talent and a fan favourite.

KONG!
She had every right to punch that prick, That's not just my opinion That's the truth! Why they let her go because of it? Bullshit man.
Another unique talent and a massive impact in the Knockout division.

And now...Taylor Wilde.

What makes me most angry about this?

Gail Kim...Believe it or not! (as now she just shows up in pretty dressed smiling to the crowd in the piss poor WWE Divas with the occasional match being shadowed by the other Divas)
...Anyhow! Gail Kim!
I pioneer in the Knockout division. I give 100% credit from just my own opinion that she took up the knockouts division that made women wrestling entertaining. I always looked away when boring women wrestling came on...ever since she took it up a notch I love the Knockouts division...When she left?? Pretty hard for someone to fill those shoes....And knowone could honestly.

But Taylor Wilde took the role if you remember a few years back..And I tell you she didnt fail at the job. She succeeded she went out took on Kong week after week. and did it with attitude man....

What the F*ck happened???

Why...WHY was she sidelined??? Did I miss something? Shes been sidelined for a few years now...Dont go and tell me she was living it up in the Knockouts tag team division because I'd say WHAT KNOCKOUTS TAG TEAM DIVISION???

To be honest...I don't know why I'm ranting, The Knockouts aren't in the shitter, they still dominate the WWE Divas by 99%.

And I'm not into all that too many WWE talent in TNA because thats aload of bullshit anyway...But faaackinell why were ODB, Kong and now Taylor Wilde unixestant and suddenly Tera and Mickey James are ontop?? .....Thank fuck for the Beautiful people thats all I can say.

·
HEADBANGA
24,172 Posts
The Beautiful happened chief. They got popular and the whole division became focused on them and they got phased out.

·
Mickini FTW!
210 Posts
What happened?

Kong punched BTLS over racist remarks he made. Yeah he deserved it, but not the smartest move by Kong. Asking Dixie to chose between Hulk Hogan and Kong was only going to end up one way.

I didn't watch much of TNA a year or two ago but from what I saw around the time with the ODB & Cody Deaner shit they had going, ODB was terribly stale and I didn't find her entertaining personally.

Taylor i'm not sure about as I never saw her early TNA stuff so maybe someone else can give you a better answer, but I believe it was something along the lines of her just being overpushed from her debut.

Your complaining about 'Tera and Mickey James' (who?) being ontop yet your relieved for TBP? Seems pretty ironic to me does that.

Yes TNA fucks up with some of the KO talent, but they're still head and shoulders above the WWE.

Damnit Ass Buster, you just said pretty much everything I had to say in two sentences!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Kong left on her own as did Taylor. Gail also left for money. I dont see a problem right now with the division as it better then it been since Kong and gail.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes ODB's remaining days were poor.
Now set back before that piss poor story line. She was quality. Her in the Short Lived Front Line as well was priceless.

ODB was by far the best, a trashy stone cold of the womens division.

And No Taylor was not over pushed by any account at all, she stepped up at the right time when Gail Left for more money...not that I blame her
But yeah Taylor had some big shoes to fill and she did a bluddy good job.

I have nothing against Tara and Mickey James...I think there good wrestlers and I tune in to see them as much as the next Knockout...I just think Theyve seriously wasted better talent.

Taylor Wilde was packed with charisma if they let her. But noooo.

And I'm all for Hogan and Bischoff, I believe there updating TNA from the southern TNAY! But fuck man they really messed with the division a little.

·
Registered
588 Posts
The immortal crap has pretty much killed the KO division the last few weeks. I see for the next 10 to 12 weeks the KO division get a lot less tv with immortal running the show sad just sad since the KO division has been the best part of impact since hardy wone the title 10 weeks ago

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Women's wrestling doesn't draw. Plain and simple. The only way the ratings would dip for KO segments is if TNA decided to release: Madison, Love, and Sky. Plain and simple. Everyone else is just second characters to those three and that's a fact. Taylor could wrestle but she also could not cut a promo to save her life and couldn't act. She was pretty bad in every other aspect expect for wrestling.

Why TNA wants to keep around Tara and get rid of Wilde is beyond me. Both can't cut promos or act, but at least Wilde is a good wrestler and some what a decent worker...not to mention younger.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Women's wrestling doesn't draw. Plain and simple. The only way the ratings would dip for KO segments is if TNA decided to release: Madison, Love, and Sky. Plain and simple. Everyone else is just second characters to those three and that's a fact. Taylor could wrestle but she also could not cut a promo to save her life and couldn't act. She was pretty bad in every other aspect expect for wrestling.

Why TNA wants to keep around Tara and get rid of Wilde is beyond me. Both can't cut promos or act, but at least Wilde is a good wrestler and some what a decent worker...not to mention younger.

I'll kindly disagree and say the ratings for a long time was always high in the womens division in TNA...although this could be misconstrued by tv surfers going ooooh check out that bum ladies ladies haha sex sells.

Everything else I 110% agree with you on!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I might be wrong, but wasnt the old KO ratings still high even when tBP was not on screen? Can someone check when Kong, ODB, Roxxi, Melissa and Wilde was the center of the division?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Tara can wrestle that why she still there and Taylor asked to be released not that TNA really wanted her to go.

As for draw some people do like women wrestling but it wont never be a big draw. But least the Ko's can pull in ratings.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Is Hamada gone too? Well f*** me Wilde might as well leave aswell

If a stable of girls is the only thing that matters in this divided division then maybe its time to exchange the 3 knockout title belts for Her Majesty's Trios Titles

just a thought

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
It kinda pisses me off as well, there was such a wide variety of women in the KO division, and that's one of the first things that grabbed my attention to TNA. There is only so many blondes you can watch wrestling before you get bored of it.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
The KO division will only be where it needs to be once a few things happen:

1. The firing of Tara

2. The elimination of the KO tag titles

3. TNA creating their own version of Trish Stratus (Sarita would be a good start)

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
The division has been a snoozefest since D'Amore was removed from booking it. (and that's a bloody long time ago now) The Kong/Gail arch-feud was brilliant, Kong challenging people from the crowd only to be beaten by Taylor was clever. (although putting the belt on her so early was mistake, Kong should have held it 6 months+) Melissa, Daff and Roxxi were always there to step up if required and ofcourse Angelina and Velvet as the original BP always played their role too. The division is just riddled with stereotypical angry women, all the babyfaces and heels act the same......bitchy and it's hard to really give a shit about any of them.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts