Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about this and damn, this is actually pretty hard.

I'm pretty sure it was a Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels match on Raw in summer 2004? I'm at least positive one of the guys involved was one of them, at least. And not to long after that episode HHH and HBK were meant to shake hands at the end of a Raw episode, but Kane then came and assaulted Michaels.

Either that or a JBL match on SmackDown that aired on Velocity and then had Eddie come out afterwards and JBL saying "no, I'm not gonna fight you again" or something like that. No idea who JBL faced, though. Can't remember.

What about you?

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I dunno i was like a 3 yr old kid

probably something to do with Hogan in the 80s, but couldn't tell you which one specifically

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
No fucking clue. It was 1998, and my memory is spotty. I know the first PPV I watched was the 98 Royal Rumble though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
British Bulldog vs some jobbers back around mid 80's I'm guessing. I thought wrestling looked stupid as some classmates had wrestler posters of guys like Hogan and Slaughter. I started to tape shows for a friend and finally watched a match and was amazed by the Bulldog's athleticism and double team moves. Became a hardcore fan and remember watching WCCW back in the day on the weekends as we had a satellite dish and got channels from Texas. I ended up hating Hogan and generally enjoyed the heels more. Also remember my first Wrestlemania which was the third one on the old system they used back in the day (can't recall what but remember it was really cool to be able to see the event at a local high school). Great days of the past!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
A gentleman never reveals his age.

But nah, the first thing coming to mind is Tatanka vs. Bam Bam, sure it could have been something with Dusty or Papa Shango, don't remember timelines.

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
Sometime in 2003. I just remember it involving RVD but don't remember who the opponent was.

Coincidentally the first match I saw live 10 years later involved RVD too, RVD vs Big E. When WWE came to South Africa in 2013. Wasn't the Capetown show, so I didn't see the infamous Randy Orton low blow :lol

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I remember it clearly, Goldberg vs. Hugh Morris. Goldberg got me into wrestling.

Then I was shocked one night when I stumbled across Too Much vs. The JOB Squad because I had no idea there was more than one promotion.

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
My first super memory of me watching wrestling was Wrestlemania 8. I remember Rumble 92' sorta scrambled, but i remember El Matador vs Shawn Michaels vividly.

I'm sure prior to that I was watching the VHS's and brother was watching stuff in the background. But wrestlemania 8...when i was 6, was the first thing i remember.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I THINK it was Hogan and Bundy steel cage match from WM2, caught a glimpse of it when my parents ordered the event. This was long before I started watching consistently..the match was enough to get me intrigued, though, along with getting a few action figures as presents before I knew who most of them were.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,814 Posts
Something on WWF television in the summer of 1992.

First PPV I know for sure was SummerSlam ‘92.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I came in around 1999 and the first wrestling show I saw was Sunday Night Heat. I'm not 100% sure what was my first wrestling match but I'll say X-Pac and Kane in a tag team match since that's the first thing that pops in my head when it comes to my earliest wrestling memories.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts