Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Fedor's cornerman.
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should be fired for putting 4 Million + people to sleep. They are the most boring tag team I have ever seen. I think I'd rather watch X-Factor vs the Alliance jobbers more than any of their matches. They don't suck, but they're just boring. They bring absolutely nothing new. And they're theme sounds like one of those time warner tv ads with generic hip hop in the background.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Its not their fault. They rarely get air time. Its hard to get over with no mic time and no chance to have a long enough match to show people what the have.

They had a quick feud with the Hart Dynasty which lasted all of 5 minutes, then they just kinda dissapeared. WWE just doesnt really know how to use tag teams properly anymore

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
The Hart Dynasty and The Usos.

making me give even less of a shit about the tag division than i ever thought i could. they're both ultimate boredom in my book.

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts
Its not their fault. They rarely get air time. Its hard to get over with no mic time and no chance to have a long enough match to show people what the have.

They had a quick feud with the Hart Dynasty which lasted all of 5 minutes, then they just kinda dissapeared. WWE just doesnt really know how to use tag teams properly anymore
Agreed. Especially the bolded.

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
Yeah there's just something about them that sucks.
Like they're pretty good in the ring , maybe a little below average on the mic , but damnnnnnnnn I can't get into them

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
My ass. That match was hot. They just need a bit more overacting and the performance is fine. They need character, too flat. And by being linked with wwe tag team they are already ignored. Atleast the harts are acting like they are doing something.

On second thought, I will concede they are a little dull. But they were barely given a chance to get over in the first place. As heels, unless you are cleverly getting thebest of faces like santino, you gain nothing by being in a program with him. Well, lest one had developed a sense of humor with it. But seriously, they aren't looking good, but are kinda not being given a real chance.

Granted, their first promo was good, but whose isn't?

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
I can't believe you guys on are actually blaming the Usos like its their fault that they're "boring". News Flash: OF COURSE they're "boring", they BARLEY get any TV time! I mean how is anybody gonna care about a Tag-Team thats never used or put into real feuds? Don't you guys maybe think THATS the reason for why you don't care since thats been a huge problem thats been going on in the WWE for awhile now?

Look saying these guys should be FIRED is idiotic. These guys have potential. The problem is the WWE just doesn't know how to build Tag-Teams anymore. Either that or they just flat out don't give a fuck. Im 100% sure that if the WWE had actually put them in a real storyline with the Hart Dynasty and given their feud the care and attention that they give their main eventers we would've seen 2 made tag-teams by now. Of course thats not what we got since its been evident since London and Kendrick that the WWE could care less about Tag-Teams.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I still can't tell them apart. The only reason they are there is because of Rikishi. These guys are so generic and boring looking. They have shown zero personality or character. I know they don't get much time to do anything but still neither do some other guys like Yoshi or Ryder and at least I can remember their names.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
I still can't tell them apart. The only reason they are there is because of Rikishi. These guys are so generic and boring looking. They have shown zero personality or character. I know they don't get much time to do anything but still neither do some other guys like Yoshi or Ryder and at least I can remember their names.
Again how many times were they allowed to pull a promo? How many real feuds have they been put in?

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
oh please don't give them promo time, i've heard them on the mic. i'll pass.

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
They could have done a great storyline with HD and the Usos. But, like always, it flopped.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
The WWE has completely dropped the ball on them, just like they have every other Tag Team in the past 5 or so years.

They came in and had a really good debut, then followed that up with a promo that was good. Then, the WWE does absolutely nothing with them.

How do they expect these guys to get over without any mic time or in-ring time???

They should be a powerhouse team like the old Samoan teams of the past. Instead, they're pretty much just underneath guys. It's pathetic.

It's not just them, it's all the Tag Teams in the WWE.

-They broke up Cryme Tyme for no reason. Even though everyone knows Shad and JTG won't amount to shit as single's stars.

-Monday Night, they broke up The Hart Dynasty. Why? God only knows. I think Tyson Kidd has the potential to be pretty good as a single's wrestler, but they're better off together than on their own.

-The Dudebusters IMO should be the WWE's version of the Motor City Machine Guns, or this decade's Edge and Christian. They're young guys who have are fun-loving, joke-cracking, and can get it done in the ring. Now, I can't even tell you the last time they were on TV. Once again, a good, young Tag-Team sitting around and doing nothing!

I can go on and on mentioning teams from recent history like London and Kendrick, World's Greatest Tag-Team, Deuce N Domino, etc. Even Legacy was probably broken up too soon.

All this comes down to is lazy booking, and Vince McMahon's idiotic belief that Tag Team Wrestling doesn't sell. It's ridiculous!

Not every team has to have a Shawn Michaels or Bret Hart type that leaves a Tag Team and goes on to superstardom.

This really sucks if you're like me and you love Tag Team Wrestling!

I was just watching on youtube that awesome 10 Team Survivor Series match from '88. That will probably never happen again. Half the teams in that match could be on anyone's Top Ten!

·
Registered
188 Posts
They need the old tag team division going on, remember the glory years of the hardys, edge and cristian and the dudleys to be reborn. Now we have the uso's, SM and kozlov, heart dynasty and cr*p like them. But are they cr*p? They need to promote and relive this championship. We have Nexus as champs, but are they doing anything else but be in the background of the main event? The us and ic belts are not what they used to be. Nothings happening for the belts. Such a shame.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
How can you hate a team you see like 4-5 minutes every other week?

If anything, the usos need rikishi to return and manage them.

Imagine how cool it'd be if they got Rikishi to manage that team and they won the titles, he'd help them get a reaction from the fans and then from there, they start to prove if they can make it on their own or not.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Usos could be solid if they are given the right amount of time and dedication. Hell I know many thought that Hawkins nor Ryder were much of anything when they were a tag team (well at least I didn't), but Ryder as his own has shown personality as has Hawkins despite them not being high on the card. If the E gave the Usos some mic time and more air time they can become a better team and develop more of a personality for us to get into. Now their reaction on Raw was pretty dead, however our section had a few pops for them. Me and my kid brother popped since we knew they'd get very little. However most probably popped due to the fact they figured Snuka would be joining in. Like many have said they need some more time to develop their skill and they should get better.

·
Registered
582 Posts
They do have character/personality. I remember that one promo they did with Josh
Matthews coincidenally about telling them apart. They show personality to me. Maybe
its all about taste. They are not you cup of tea so to speak, but you can't deny in
this promo they didn't show personality. Easy way I distiguish them is that "Jey"
wears shorts (shorts and shorter name), and Jimmy wears tights (Jimmy is a longer name
than Jey and his attire is longer too). Nowadays they wear the same thing now lol.
I think I heard Michael Cole say one has a tattoo that sets them apart. Like others
have said, it all boils down to screen time. Its an absolute shame the amount of heat
they got in Texas the night they debuted and to hear the reactions they get today :no:

Heres the promo I was talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O4B_IURROc

·
✔
21,671 Posts
Poor bastards. They go fine in the ring. The match itself on RAW was actually pretty good. It must feel horrible coming out to absolute silence, even with Snuka being there. Wouldn't mind seeing them get more time, surely their promo's can't be as awkward sound as DH Smith's backstage with Atlas. That was awful.

·
Registered
12,078 Posts
They just come off as the Samoa version of Cryme Tyme, which btw, why the hell did management break them up as a tag team? They were over with the crowd, management never captialized on making them tag champs.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts