Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the WWE website looking at the US Title championship list. It had Eddie Guerrero, Diamond Dallas Page, Dean Melanko, and some more, claiming the won it through 95 to 99. If they were in WCW, how did that happen?

I only started watching about 2 years ago, but I have watched many DVDs and youtube the stuff like crazy. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I think the current US title is a continuation of the WCW title, much like the WHC is a coninuation of the WCWWHC. I might be wrong though.

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
This was during the original WWF / WCW invasion angle in the mid 90s. The WWF United States Title was basically stolen after Diamond Dallas Page ran in on an episode of Superstars on his motorcycle, snagged the Title, and took it back to WCW. It was there defended weekly on WCW Saturday Night.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
The US title was a title in WCW, it was only introduced into the WWF/E after Vince bought World Championship Wrestling

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
This was during the original WWF / WCW invasion angle in the mid 90s. The WWF United States Title was basically stolen after Diamond Dallas Page ran in on an episode of Superstars on his motorcycle, snagged the Title, and took it back to WCW. It was there defended weekly on WCW Saturday Night.
what ? that never happened

the invasion was in 2001 and the guy who did the run-in was mike awesome who stole the WWF , and the title was the hardcore championship

unless you are being sarcastic then it's my bad

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,350 Posts
Lol. 8*D

·
Registered
511 Posts
How did the WHC and US titles end up on different shows and the WWE and IC titles end up on different shows? They should had been grouped by company if they are carring on that legacy?

Isn't the WHC title the IC title of the 90s and not the WCW title?
WCW and WWF belts were unified with Chris Jericho. WWF becomes WWE.
Brock Lesnar eventually wins the undisputed title and becomes a Smackdown exclusive
Eric Bishoff presents HHH with what use to be the WCW as the WHC from a briefcase with no lineage to the WCW title.
HHH beats Kane in a WHC vs IC title match unifying those two titles. The IC, US, European, Hardcore titles had been unified at this point.
The IC\US titles are introduced again but never claimed to have had the history of the previous titles to bare those names.

·
Banned
1,266 Posts
I was on the WWE website looking at the US Title championship list. It had Eddie Guerrero, Diamond Dallas Page, Dean Melanko, and some more, claiming the won it through 95 to 99. If they were in WCW, how did that happen?

I only started watching about 2 years ago, but I have watched many DVDs and youtube the stuff like crazy. Thanks.
How did WCW wrestlers win a WCW belt? Are you really this stupid, or are you just trolling us?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts