Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
RIP Fredo
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Authors Note : This BTB starts after the Backlash. I have made a some big changes, as in bring RVD back at the Royal Rumble, to feud with Randy Orton, and dropping ECW after ‘Mania. It’ll be talked about more in the backstory. I always tweaked the Backlash results a bit.

BACKSTORY :

After the result of the rather interesting event, in which WWE presented one of there prestige and long running Pay - Per Views, Backlash, and with the current state of the World Wrestling Entertainment, the constant decrease of ratings, not even close to measuring up to in which they were before. The WWE has taken this time to take the company to a new direction, starting as of April 27th, 2009.

Stephanie McMahon, Vince McMahon’s daughter and General Manager of Monday Night RAW, has decided to keep her position as GM. She and the rest of the creative of the WWE felt she was fit for the position, and the proper placement until they find someone worth taking up the position. Rumors such the WWE signing former staff from the WWE, back into the WWE HAS NOT, been denied, however, that is not stating that it is in fact true.

Despite the success of last night event, the one downfall was that one of the top WWE Superstars, in Triple H, was injured last night. How long will he be out for injury is undisclosed at this point, however, it’s expected that he’ll be ready to return around or even before Summerslam!. One of the many downfalls of this is that the predicted to be popular and interesting storyline between himself and Randy Orton, for the WWE Championship, never got to get off the ground because of this injury. Another injury, but not as major as Triple H considering this one is an storyline injury, is John Cena. It's expected that he will be feuding with The Big Show for a while, once he returns.

It’s known that after this Pay Per View, that the drafted roster actually become into effect. Such superstars such as Chris Jericho, the recently returned, RVD, Rey Mysterio, CM Punk, and Christian, the last ECW Champion, went to Smackdown, and such superstars such as Triple H, The Miz, The Big Show, Matt Hardy, and MVP, Montel Vontavious Porter, went to the flagship show, Monday Night RAW.

With the recent departure of ECW, many questions have been left unanswered, as to why the ECW brand has been departed with the WWE. Rumors has it, the reasoning behind this is because of the low rating, and the contract deal with SyFy coming ahead, which caused them to disband the ECW brand. ECW was seen as a brand that helped newer talent get over, in which, it was indeed. However, WWE creative feels that they can get Younger talent over, WITHOUT ECW.

Despite most of ECW talent being switched up between brands, some talent were released such as Vladimir Kozlov, The Samoan Bulldozer, Umaga, and Tyler Reks. WWE wish them luck in all future endeavors.

The plans for the rosters are set in stone. RAW will have a more star studded feature, with stars such as John Cena, Batista, Randy Orton, Triple H, and the soon to be returning, Shawn Michaels. While Smackdown! Has more of an actual wrestling feel to it, as superstars such as Chris Jericho, Christian, CM Punk, Shelton Benjamin, John Morrison, RVD, and many more superstars. That is not to say, that either brand is lacking star studded superstars, and superstars that can not put good matches, because that is not a fact. WWE management said, it should be interesting seeing all of these different talents, battling it out for the top spot on their respected brands.

WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS : BACKLASH 2009
SUNDAY APRIL 26, 2009

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP; LAST MAN STANDING
The Rated R Superstar Edge defeated John Cena(C)

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
The One Man Dynasty Randy Orton defeated The Game Triple H

MISS WRESTLEMANIA; SANTINA'S JOB AT STAKE
Beth Phoenix defeated Santina (c)

I QUIT MATCH
The Charismatic Engima Jeff Hardy defeated Matt Hardy

The Big Red Machine Kane defeated CM Punk

Legend Vs Present
Chris Jericho defeated Ricky The Dragon Steamboat

LAST ECW CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Captain Charisma Christian defeated Jack Swagger

DARK MACTH
Kofi Kingston defeated Dolph Ziggler

--- --- --- ---

~ The Brass And Bold ~

General Manager: Stephanie McMahon
Play By Play Commentator: Michael Cole
Color Commentator: Jerry The King Lawler
Announcer: Lillian Garcia

-- -- -- --

~ The Champs ~

WWE CHAMPION: Randy Orton
WWE UNITED STATES CHAMPION: Montel Vontavious Porter
WWE UNIFIED TAG TEAM CHAMPION: The Colons
WWE WOMENS CHAMPIONSHIP: The Paparazzi Princess Melina

~ THE SUPERSTARS ~
The Animal Batista
The Glamazon Beth Phoenix
Big Show
Carlito
Chavo Guerrero
Cody Rhodes
Ezekiel Jackson
Gail Kim
Goldust
Hurricane Gregory Helms
The All American - American Jack Swagger
Jamie Noble
John Cena
Jillian Hall
Katie Lea Burchill
Kane
Kelly Kelly
Kofi Kingston
Manu
The World Strongest Man Mark Henry
Maryse Quellet
Matt Hardy
The Paparazzi Princess Melina
Mickie James
The Chick Magnet Miz
MVP Montel Vontavious Porter
Mr. Kennedy
Paul Burchill
Primo
The One Man Dynasty Randy Orton
Ricky Ortiz
The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels
Ted Dibiase Jr.
The Chick Magnet The Miz
The Game Triple H
The Blueblood William Regal
Zack Ryder

~ TAG TEAM AND FRACTIONS ~
The Colons: Carlito & Primo
The Legacy: Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase

-- -- -- --

~ THE BRASH AND BOLD ~

General Manager: Vickie Guerrero
Play By Play Commentator: Jim Ross
Color Commentator: Matt Striker
Announcer: Justin Roberts

-- -- -- --

~ The Champs ~

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION: Rated R Superstar Edge
WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION: Rey Mysterio
WWE UNIFIED TAG TEAM CHAMPION The Colons

-- -- -- --

~ The Superstars ~
Charlie Haas
Captain Charisma Christian
Chris Jericho
CM Punk
DH Smith
Dolph Ziggler
The Rated R Superstar Edge
Evan Bourne
Eve Torres
The Fighting Irishman Finlay
The Charismatic Enigma Jeff Hardy
The Friday Night Delight John Morrison
JTG
Maria
Mike Knox
Michelle McCool
Nattie Nedihart
Layla EL
R-Truth
The Celtic Warrior Sheamus
The Gold Standard Shelton Benjamin
Scotty Goldman
Shad Gaspard
Slam Master J
The Brian Kendrick
The Great Khali
The Deadman The Undertaker
Tommy Dreamer
Stampede Kidd Tyson Kidd
Yoshi Tatsu
Victoria

~ TAG TEAMS & FACTIONS ~
Cryme Tyme: Shad & JTG​

·
Registered
250 Posts
Re: World Wrestling Entertainment : Universe

This is looking good, I like that Raw is getting some star studded talents and Smackdown getting the young talent. I am glad that Santina isn't the Miss Mania, I didn't like that character. The Graphics are good too, the Smackdown being the best though. Stephanie McMahon being the General Manager is the best too.

I hope you fix up the Tag Team Division and try to make the Divas Division more important. So, good luck to you Lethal, I look forward to your future writes! :)

·
Jev!
344 Posts
Re: World Wrestling Entertainment : Universe

Indeed looks good. I like the idea of the company taking a new direction and having Steph on as GM :D. Looking forward to your shows man.

·
RIP Fredo
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Monday Night RAW Preview
Live from the Dunkin Donuts Center in
Providence, Rhode Island

“The Fallout”

Out of the outskirts of what was truly a phenomenal event which Backlash was, Monday Night RAW comes to you live, from The Dunkin’ Donuts Center, in Providence, Rhode Island.

Backlash saw the WWE Champion, Randy Orton, retaining WWE Championship against The Game, Triple H. But that wasn’t all. He was intent to add insult to injured, as he sent a chilling punt to Triple H’s skull, putting him on the shelf. It’s still unknown, how long The Game will spend out of the WWE. However, the show must go on, and on tonight edition of Monday Night RAW, we will found whom Randy Orton will defend his WWE Championship against. The question is, who in fact, is going to be the Number One Contender for the WWE Championship? Randy Orton opens RAW this week, and we will hear his thoughts, on all of this.

Speaking of injury, last night we witness something shocking. Something brutal, and barbaric. We witness perhaps the WWE’s biggest star, in John Cena, get choke slam into a big spotlight, potentially shortening his career. And it was all done by one man. That man being the World Largest Athlete, The Big Show. No the questing surrounding all of this, is why in particular did The Big Show do this? Was it some sense of jealously, considering he wasn’t the one that got the WWE Championship shot? If not, what was his motive? Big Show was one of the recent draftee to Monday Night RAW, and tonight, we might get some answers for his actions. However, we do know, that this is NOT over.

The United States Champion, Montel Vontavious Porter, was also just recently drafted from Friday Night Smackdown!, bring over the US Championship in the process. Tonight, The United States champion takes on also recently drafted superstar, The Miz, in one on one action. He to needs to worry about a some to be Number One Contender.

It’s announced that tonight, The Unified Tag Team Champions will be in action, as Carltio and Primo, the colons, take The Legacy, Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes, in what should be good back and forth action. We are positive that The Legacy, are on the hunt for Tag Team gold, however, with the tag team championships being Unified, will this effect Legacy’s chances?

Also tonight, William Regal takes on the Jamaican Sensation, Kofi Kingston, in one on one action. A win for one of these two men, would completely put them up in the United States Championship rankings. The question remains, who will come out on top, when these two collide?
This and More is expected to occur on this edition of Monday Night RAW, coming to you from the Dunkin’ Donuts Center. Make sure you tune in, to watch your favorite superstars compete on the flagship show, MONDAY NIGHT RAW!

Confirmed For RAW

Number one contendership match for the WWE Championship!
Non Title: The Unified Tag Team Champions The Colons vs The Legacy
Non Title: The United States Champion MVP vs The Miz!
The Blueblood William Regal vs Kofi Kingston!

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
I'll be reading RAW, and I'll try to leave you some solid feedback. You might want to add the date to your preview, just saying. The preview had some grammar mistakes, so mehh. Triple H being out do to some punches to the head? Not even a punt or anything? Can't wait to see the Legacy in action as they are a favorite of mine! MVP vs. Miz could be exciting and Regal vs. Kingston is alright. Looking good, I'll be reading and hopefully I'll get into this.

Good luck pal :)

·
Jev!
344 Posts
Nice preview, really looking forward to hearing what Show has to say about his actions. The card looks worthy too.

Keep it up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts