Wrestling Forum banner

The Undertaker Slits His Wrists?

20684 Views 27 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  soxfan93
Hey, I was watching a interview on YouTube featuring EDGE when some guy called in (I think this was back in the late 90's) and said that he was sickened and stunned by The Undertaker slitting his wrists on live TV, and that TSN should have cut that part of TV.

I searched YouTube and other video sites for this video and can't find it....first off, what was the storyline here...does anyone remember? Second, does video of this segment exist?
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Banned
4,476 Posts
Isn't this the same video where Edge says that it wasn't real?

· Banned
9,837 Posts
meh it was just part of the whole Ministry thing, he also gutted Dennis Knight on Raw, no big deal. Everyone knows it wasn't real and well it was pushing boundaries at the time. I remember christians complaining that his symbol was a cross, which in all honesty it was a cross, but WWE had to say it wasn't or fear a backlash. Ah those were the days.

· ¡GOLDADO!
2,647 Posts
meh it was just part of the whole Ministry thing, he also gutted Dennis Knight on Raw, no big deal. Everyone knows it wasn't real and well it was pushing boundaries at the time. I remember christians complaining that his symbol was a cross, which in all honesty it was a cross, but WWE had to say it wasn't or fear a backlash. Ah those were the days.
Big Bossman was hung too, I think it was to do with the Undertaker too.

· Registered
2,645 Posts
This one, right?

I never saw that segment myself, but yes, that would have been about the time of the Steph kidnapping angle.
Edge is being a bit of a dick here. There's a big difference between Darth Vader having his hand cut off and someone (simulated or not) slitting their wrists. It's much more gruesome. And how is this guy supposed to know it's not real? They cut their eyebrows up with razorblades, why not their wrists as well?

Edit: After seeing the video, it is pretty fake looking. Still more gruesome than a hand flying off in a sudden moment and low detail.

· Registered
840 Posts
It was one of the coolest thing WWF ever did, it does look pretty fake you can see that undertaker is squeezing the knife for it to release some red gel.

· Registered
28 Posts
Wow, this brings back memories, remember watching this and feeling fear for mideon ha. And yes Edge is a TWAT of a guy, his argument was stupid, That raw was a live show right trying to look real not a special effects riddled movie.

· Registered
712 Posts
Ok, people like the fucktard calling in that video piss me off. Wrestling is fiction. It's "fake." It's people like him that make the main public not take wrestling seriously. If everyone and their mother has no problem with Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader's hand getting cut off then that douche shouldn't have a problem with the Undertaker "slitting" his wrists. Seriously, it's fiction, it's a show, GET OVER IT!

Assholes like that are the reason we have so many smartasses running around saying, "Ya know it's all fake right?" every goddamn time someone mentions pro wrestling in public!

· Registered
6,867 Posts
Edge was quite the ass in that video.

· Registered
1,771 Posts
Edge was a dick with a really good point - if you think it's real, you need to take stock. But he was pushing past the guy's actual point, that it's closer to reality than a movie and disturbing for other reasons.

Of course, that wasn't very disturbing since it looked fake as crap. Vader losing a hand was way more shocking.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.