Wrestling Forum banner

Who's going to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
121 - 140 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Fun match overall. Everybody looked awesome. And kudos to Taker. Best he’s looked since at least the 2015 Brock feud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Undertaker could work fine when he is in the ring with smaller and more co-ordinated guys.
That's why I've been saying for some time that he should retire against someone like Daniel Bryan. I don't think the likes of Lesnar, Reigns, Triple H or Goldberg are his ideal final opponents. He needs someone who can compensate his current limitations, not another super heavyweight. I'd bet that, in his current shape, he'd be able to have a last really good match against the ideal opponent (and I don't think there's a better option than Bryan). But if you try to feud him with someone like McIntyre, shit's gonna happen.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,011 Posts
epic fail at the end with the tombstone.

well at least they got this match out of the way first.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I watched the highlights and this actually didn’t look too bad so I’ll give all four guys their props here. Especially so for Taker as I was convinced it would be a botchamania reel from him!

There was a little botch near the end with the tombstone on Shane that I caught but that’s nothing, at least he didn’t fall on his ass or nearly paralyse someone this time!

Also I’m very much in agreement with him working with smaller guys like Bryan, Balor and so on if he wants keep going and prolong his career. The guy’s had how many hip and leg surgeries and he’s still trying to lift fucking Goldberg and now possibly Drew McIntyre? That kind of carry on is only asking for trouble!

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
If you compare shit, to worse shit, some normal shit becomes "OK".

This was "OK". But I don't encourage Undertaker doing anything more, guy looks slow and stumble.

But I guess everything that isn't worse shit becomes OK these days.

·
Registered
600 Posts
The Undertaker & Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon & Drew McIntyre (No Holds Barred Match)

This is the prove that Taker can go 2 more years :)))
Anyway, who is with me, Taker vs Brock at Summerslam? ;)))

Nope. That feud should not happen again. I enjoyed it in 2002 and loved the conclusion in 2015. But that feud needs to die and stay buried. TBH the best use of Taker is to either have him wrestle somebody smaller (he has always worked better with smaller guys) that can still get a good match out of him (AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan, Balor, Rollins) or do a tag match like what we all saw tonight. Taker looked phenomenal tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Fun match. I watched it thinking it would probably be a disaster, but I ended up enjoyed it quite a bit. Taker looked good and the tag match hid his limitations. If WWE insist on still using Taker - this is how you effectively use him, put him in there with current talent in tag matches so he doesn't have to do all the work. Don't put him in matches with part timers who are even more limited in the ring than he is (Goldberg). Overall a decent match.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
got to be the first time since around 2000 that taker has worn a different shirt isnt it? overall I got to hand it to the guy really, hes brought himself back abit last night, he looked to be in good shape and was moving around a lot better than he has been.

guess the match at summerslam will be taker elias then.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
guess the match at summerslam will be taker elias then.
I would like it, but I doubt it will happen. They don't value Elias. Drew had the showdown with The Undertaker, destroyed him with the claymore, and wasn't pinned in the match. So I think it will be Undertaker/Drew at Summerslam and rumours have pointed towards that. They clearly value Drew much more than Elias. It might seem like Drew is Shane's lackey, but Elias is the lackey to both of them. It's an odd situation and I wish Shane would just go away, both Drew and Elias would benefit from being on their own.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Better match than expected. Taker looked better than he has in a while in the ring. BTW - this is how to use Taker if you do. Put him in with some guys that can cover for him if needed. This match kinda made me think that PaulE had a hand in booking it. It played to Taker's strengths and hid his weaknesses as best it could..

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Let’s be honest, the hot crowd helped this match a lot. It was rather paint by the numbers, but I will agree, Taker looked better as the tag match was really able to help hide his limitations.

Still. Drew should be Taker at SummerSlam. Let’s see if they actually do the right thing.

121 - 140 of 143 Posts