• Hulk Hogan

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • John Cena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andre The Giant

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Goldberg

Votes: 10 20.0%

The Undertaker is The Strongest Gimmick Character Of All Time?

3748 Views 22 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  The Originator
His wrestelmania streak is the greatest streak in sports (or entertainment if you dont consider it a sport). Other notable mentions are John Cena and Hulk Hogan, but I garundamtee that if Undertaker went up against either of those two in their prime at Wrestlemania, The undertaker would have come out victorious.

Disagree? Who do you think has or had the strongest gimmick character of all time?
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
484 Posts
Where is Mark "Strongest Ratings in the World" Henry?
I agree. Sexual Chocolate's absence from the poll leaves me disturbed. I'm sure Mae Young is crying right at this moment.

· Registered
149 Posts
I would say Undertaker as the deadman makes him the strongest gimmick....Not his streak! but for me Undertaker was ruined by the American Badass! could care for him after that

· Zombo
12,624 Posts
I voted for Goldberg, because the dudes gimmick was to no-sell damn near everything, then DESTROY everybody, while winning the first 173 matches of his career.

With tongue firmly in cheek here, while although Taker's ability to rise from the 'dead' is impressive, it still means that his ass gets killed every once and again. ;)

· Banned
5,112 Posts
Yeah I think Undertaker is the 'strongest' kayfabe wise of all time. Didn't Taker beat Hogan while he was still in his peak? The only person I'd say competes with Taker is Goldberg but even then, I couldn't see Goldberg beating Taker at Mania.

· Banned
2,268 Posts
Yes Undertaker is the strongest and most successful gimmick character of all time.

Definitely on your list as well, seeing as I don't consider the others gimmick characters, more like personalities.

The others all have names and are meant to be real life people, whereas Taker is an actual undead Undertaker who has freaky powers.

· Banned
2,677 Posts
Undertaker shouldn't even be in consideration for strongest gimmick character. He's been beaten plenty of times. Batista beat him twice, drew with him twice. Angle beat him clean. Triple H beat him clean. Kozlov pinned him clean after a powerslam. Big Show knocked him out. Khali damn near killed him. And that was just in the last six years.

Same goes for Cena, he's been beaten far too many times by lesser opponents to be considered in the running for this.

Sammartino, Hogan, Andre The Giant, Goldberg are all "stronger" characters in kayfabe.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Goldberg is way stronger than Undertaker. Goldberg would've NEVER been punked out by a loser like Vladimir Kozlov. He wouldn't have gone down to Khali either, he took down Big Show when he was 550 and in his prime.

Goldberg wins this.

· Registered
2,362 Posts
Yeah I think Undertaker is the 'strongest' kayfabe wise of all time. Didn't Taker beat Hogan while he was still in his peak? The only person I'd say competes with Taker is Goldberg but even then, I couldn't see Goldberg beating Taker at Mania.
Undertaker did beat Hogan in his prime, but it was nowhere near clean. As I recall he landed a tombstone onto a steel chair which either Flair or Mr Perfect slid into the ring. In all honesty had they met at Wrestlemania around that time, we wouldnt be sitting here today even mentioning streaks.

· Premium Member
294 Posts
Undertaker shouldn't even be in consideration for strongest gimmick character. He's been beaten plenty of times. Batista beat him twice, drew with him twice. Angle beat him clean. Triple H beat him clean. Kozlov pinned him clean after a powerslam. Big Show knocked him out. Khali damn near killed him. And that was just in the last six years.

Same goes for Cena, he's been beaten far too many times by lesser opponents to be considered in the running for this.

Sammartino, Hogan, Andre The Giant, Goldberg are all "stronger" characters in kayfabe.

Ok so we can establish that the Undertaker has a strong gimmick but he also puts people over.

· Banned
2,268 Posts
Goldberg is way stronger than Undertaker. Goldberg would've NEVER been punked out by a loser like Vladimir Kozlov. He wouldn't have gone down to Khali either, he took down Big Show when he was 550 and in his prime.

Goldberg wins this.
Hold on a sec, you can't compare Goldberg's combined 4 year career with Taker's 21+ year career with stats like that.

Taker was virtually undefeated in his first 5 years and no sold everything like Goldberg did.

· Registered
1,849 Posts
Watching goldberg destroy everyone is somewhat of a guilty pleasure of mine, he's most likely the strongest kayfabe of all times, considering he was beaten like 6 times in his career and never clean i dont think.

lesnar was pretty strong too, beat hogan, taker, angle

· Registered
7,589 Posts
If we were strictyl talking about WrestleMania then yes The Undertaker would be the strongest booked character of all time but outside of WrestleMania we have seen him lose to loads of wrestler's over the years. I can think of Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, Yokozuna, Mick Foley, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H, Brock Lesnar, The Big Show, Randy Orton, Khali, JBL and Kane as people who have all gone over him over the years and there are probably a lot more that i haven't remembered.

So for that reason i would probably have to go for Andre The Giant who i believe up until his loss to Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania 3 was undefeated for FIFTEEN years which is absolutely crazy and could never happen again. Whilst Hulk Hogan got the mainstream exposure and the WWE title even he was not booked as strong as Andre The Giant was which was why Hogan/Andre at WrestleMania 3 was so important as it was THE moment that saw Hulk Hogan become the main man in WWE on his own rather than jointly alongside Andre The Giant as he had done from 1984.

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hold on a sec, you can't compare Goldberg's combined 4 year career with Taker's 21+ year career with stats like that.

Taker was virtually undefeated in his first 5 years and no sold everything like Goldberg did.
^^Are you being sarcastic? I bought the Undertakers DVD, and even when he first debuted, yes he basically toke on like 8 opponents at once, but the guy sold a lot of stuff, and he would get battered a lot before he would clutch it in the end and win. Undertaker's performance (ability to sell, etc) is what has kept him "The Phenom", look at Kane, similar gimmick, but performance wise isint close to Underetaker.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.