Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading through Rock's Bio and came across a word of Praise for Steve Lombardi A.K.A Brooklyn Brawler among other names. To me, he is like Stone Cold/The Rock for the jobbers. Ironically, he won his first 15 matches and gave The Rock his first loss in a try out match.

So here I go, inducting Steve Lombardi/Brooklyn Brawler/Boston Brawler/MVP (the original)/Kim Chee into the Jobber Hall of Fame for outstanding achievement in the field of jobbing to the stars on their way to superstardom.

Please induct only one guy with some background if possible and lets keep it clean.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I induct Justin Credible for debuting the best superstar in WWE today. .

·
Registered
877 Posts
Colin Delaney!

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Barry freaking Horowitz!

*pats self on back*

He's still the main guy I think of when I think of jobbers. I still remember that story where he beat Skip to finally win a match and it was like a huge event.

Brooklyn Brawler gets his name dropped so often he's not even worth mentioning anymore imo.

·
FAKE HAPPY
Born to lose, live to win
12,727 Posts
Pete Doherty, Jim Powers, Iron Mike Sharpe. Anybody remembers these guys?

·
Likes wrestling....
10,648 Posts
I was reading through Rock's Bio and came across a word of Praise for Steve Lombardi A.K.A Brooklyn Brawler among other names. To me, he is like Stone Cold/The Rock for the jobbers. Ironically, he won his first 15 matches and gave The Rock his first loss in a try out match.

So here I go, inducting Steve Lombardi/Brooklyn Brawler/Boston Brawler/MVP (the original)/Kim Chee into the Jobber Hall of Fame for outstanding achievement in the field of jobbing to the stars on their way to superstardom.

Please induct only one guy with some background if possible and lets keep it clean.
Okay here is mine for now, although I can already tell the old "this guy was not a jobber" debate is around the bend on several of these guys. ;)

My induction is Memphis area tag regulars "Rough and Ready" (not Mike Enos and Dick Slater). These guys wrestled under hoods in the CWA/USWA. Active from around 1987-doing indy work into the 2000's they even had their own manager; Boss Winters.

Probably weighing in at 150 pounds soaking wet and standing a liberal 5'9 a piece, it is still a mystery to me that out of the hundreds of wrestlers to come through the area to be "enhancement" wrestlers, these guys got a manager, and from what I remember never even got close to a token victory.

Most longtime CWA jobbers would pick up a win from time to time, but not Rough and Ready.

So there you have it, your first tag team.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay here is mine for now, although I can already tell the old "this guy was not a jobber" debate is around the bend on several of these guys. ;)

My induction is Memphis area tag regulars "Rough and Ready" (not Mike Enos and Dick Slater). These guys wrestled under hoods in the CWA/USWA. Active from around 1987-doing indy work into the 2000's they even had their own manager; Boss Winters.

Probably weighing in at 150 pounds soaking wet and standing a liberal 5'9 a piece, it is still a mystery to me that out of the hundreds of wrestlers to come through the area to be "enhancement" wrestlers, these guys got a manager, and from what I remember never even got close to a token victory.

Most longtime CWA jobbers would pick up a win from time to time, but not Rough and Ready.

So there you have it, your first tag team.
Wasn't there another tag team who never won and lost all their charm after winning their first match in territories?

barry horowitz was the first guy i thought of too. Greatest jobber of all time.
Barry freaking Horowitz!

*pats self on back*

He's still the main guy I think of when I think of jobbers. I still remember that story where he beat Skip to finally win a match and it was like a huge event.

Brooklyn Brawler gets his name dropped so often he's not even worth mentioning anymore imo.
OK, going to check out a few of Barry Horowitz matches to see how good he was. Any suggestions?

·
Likes wrestling....
10,648 Posts

Of course Barry Horowitz was an awesome jobber, however Jack Hart his alter-ego was a title winner and contender in Florida and Memphis. He was actually the NWA Florida champion, and had about a five year career as a main eventer in the territories.

But no argument here, Hart as "Horowitz" was certainly a jobber. The WWF was notorious in that era for not allowing "enhancement" to have any personality so guys like Grizzly Smith because he had a nickname, or Horowitz because he would pat his own back, were seen as more special than the base level jobbers. It was almost like in 88 and 89 that the WWF had different level jobbers. Of course by 93 or so they began to actually bring in former territory stars to be enhanced jobbers that won their own enhancement matches on occasion against the low level jobbers, guys like Goon, Freddie Joe Floyd, TL Hopper and others. So Horowitz was one of the guys the WWF built their jobbing style of the 90's around. What a trendsetter he was.

·
Likes wrestling....
10,648 Posts
Wasn't there another tag team who never won and lost all their charm after winning their first match in territories?

OK, going to check out a few of Barry Horowitz matches to see how good he was. Any suggestions?
You are remembering the Mulkey's they were sure to make this list soon

·
Banned
4,096 Posts

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,012 Posts
Brooklyn Brawler came to mind straight away before I even opened this thread ha

Barry Horowitz is a good one, however what about Louis Spicolli?

Also, I have to give Stan Stansky a mention due to Kaitlyn's praise of him lol

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
RE: The Mulkeys

I had a thread on here about them a few months back. Jobber tag team that never won a match for the longest time. The fans started to like them for it. They won their first match and it killed the charm they had as the lovable losers.

Besides the Mulkeys, I'd like to nominate Frankie Williams, SD Jones, Johnny Rodz, and Jose Louis Rivera.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts