Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Zombo
12,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It'd be nice for Chavo to get an actual storyline. I was thinking of one where he admits the coming of the end of his in-ring career, and that he'd like to have a chance to earn a singles title for his resume (since they no longer have a Cruiserweight belt). He could choose the title that represents the land of opportunity, where he's made his living - the U.S. title.

The U.S. title hasn't been relevant in for as long as I can remember. By attaching some sort of SIGNIFICANCE to it by expressing a motivated desire to win the belt, Chavo can help re-establish some of the relevance to the belt. Since both he and Bryan are quite adept in the ring, why not make it a best-of-five or best-of-seven series in the mold of Booker T / Benoit back in the WCW days?

I'd let these guys tell their story in the ring, putting each other over with close, competitive matches and displays of mutual respect throughout. Let it be face-versus-face. It's not like Bryan is in a feud right now anyways, so this would give him something for a couple of months. It would allow for meaningful, entertaining matches on both the undercards for Raw and SmackDown, and won't interfere with the main event scene at the top.

Ultimately, I don't think it would matter who wins. If Chavo wins, it would be meaningful and he could retire a proud champion having accomplished his last mission. If Bryan wins, it puts him over, adds some relevance to the belt (assuming the series goes the distance), while Chavo could still go out as the veteran warrior with a ton of heart, barely beaten by the younger, better man.

For the admins: I put this in General WWE because each man is a part of a different brand.

· Registered
70 Posts
Sounds good, however there are so many new stars also requiring feuds, its beginning to feel to me that chavo has been made insignificant for too long to be one of them. Though it would be a respectful way for him to finish up his career.

· Registered
193 Posts
Great idea. The Us championship hasn't meant anything in so long. I remember the days when every belt was special and you had guys like Rock and Chris Jericho battling it out just to win the Intercontinental Title. Now a days the belts really don't mean anything, just another side effect of a horrible booking team.

· Registered
4,724 Posts
Chavo getting more TV time would be awesome. Unless he was fighting Triple H cause that would be a burial.

but yeah, I'm all for your idea!

· Registered
149 Posts
A great idea but in all honesty its to simple and straight forward to do...first chavo would of had to have sex with gail kim and daniel bryan would find a tooth and have to find who the tooth was lost by.

Reactions: Dr. Ian Malcolm

· #RiseAbove
1,484 Posts
I agree with that but we have to give Chavo some build up first. No way he's just gonna challenge Bryan out of nowhere and gives fans a single thought that he has a fighting chance. No one will go for it.

Anyway, you win for having the JERICHO PERSONAL SECURITY in your avatar. All you need is the JERICHOLOIC NINJA and you life is complete with win.

Reactions: Dr. Ian Malcolm

· Registered
542 Posts
Chavo has not the status for win a title. Maybe with a good push he can build momentum. Now Chavo can wrestle a great match whit Danielson (like the dark match last year) but he has no chance to win. He will be percepite as a fluke

· Kirk
2,885 Posts
At this point I think Chavo is just fine with putting over the younger guys rather than being put in a storyline. It is a shame that he never won a singles title outside of the cruiserweight in the WWE.

· Registered
7,601 Posts
As a heel i would take Chavo Guerrero over the majority of the mid card as an all round in ring performer but for some reason WWE will just not do anything with him other than job him out or make him a lackey for Vickie Guerrero. I wasn't really a fan of Chavo Guerrero when he was in WCW and it wasn't really until he teamed up with Eddie Guerrero that i realised that he was actually a good all round in ring performer.

How Rey Mysterio managed to get a Royal Rumble win, a WrestleMania main event and a World title run out of being friends with Eddie Guerrero after his death yet Chavo Guerrero recieved nothing despite being his family and HUGELY over on the back of Eddie Guerrero passing away is complete madness. I am not knocking Rey Mysterio for this as if i was told i would be getting a Royal Rumble win, a WrestleMania main event and a World title run because my friend had passed away i wouldn't turn it down either but why Chavo Guerrero couldn't even be given the Intercontinental title seeing as he was feuding with Shelton Benjamin i believe at that time who was champion i just don't know.

I actually though that once Chavo Guerreo had turned heel after costing Rey Mysterio the World title at The Great American Bash against Booker T that we would finally see something in regards to a mid card title run. I think i remember that Chavo won that feud 2-1 after winning the I Quit match on SmackDown and then he went on to feud with Chris Benoit over the US title in which he was more or less buried after losing three or maybe four straight matches to Chris Benoit and then moved back down the card and the Cruiserweight division.

Back on topic though and i honestly believe that putting Bryan Danielson and Chavo Guerrero in a best of seven series over the US title has the potential to pull out at least one Match of the Year candidate especially if given 20 minutes on a PPV for the decider. There isn't really anyone on Raw right now in the mid card and is a heel that i believe couldbeat Bryan Danielson for the US title unless Dolph Ziggler moves to Raw soon so seeing as Chavo Guerrero gets no tv time really on SmackDown because their mid card is stacked with heels like Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre, Jack Swagger, Justin Gabriel and Ezekiel Jackson a move to Raw could be a good thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.