Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
21,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TNA is better than WWE atm and just had one of the best wrestling ppv's in a long while, so they are doing alot of stuff right. But the TV Title is the one area where they are failing bad at. First off you have Devon as the champion, right off the bat that makes the title look meaningless. Also you never have anyone credible wrestling for it, only one was Hardy i believe but the it went right back to the random jobber heels after that.

The biggest problem with the title is, its defended every week. That idea is just ridiculous it just makes the title seem even more meaningless. Defending it every week means Devon will be beating guys every week, so wont he run out of mid card jobber heels to face after a month? i mean theres only so much on the roster. The only solution is using the same guy every week which they've been doing and that has been awful.

Also how is a feud ever gonna work with it? what a guy keeps losing every week then eventually wins it then loses it and wins it back?

If they wanna make that title mean something then they need to drop the defending it every week rule, and just start putting it on the ppvs every month. Ya i know its called the TV Title but that doesn't mean you should only defend it on tv and it damn sure doesn't mean it should be defended every tv show. ROH has a tv title and its defended on the tv show and ppvs. I think TNA is taking the TV part to serious in it.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I Guess u haven't been watching Tna for long this is the best run TV title is having since AJ vs Doug is great hell no but its start

·
SGT. AT ARMS
21,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I Guess u haven't been watching Tna for long this is the best run TV title is having since AJ vs Doug is great hell no but its start
Ya i have been watching TNA a long time, since about 2004. Just because the belt is on the show every week doesn't automatically make it good. They have a crappy champion who can't wrestle worth a fuck holding it, they have him facing shitty wrestlers like the Robbie's. You call that the best its looked since AJ vs Doug?

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Devon should be on Ring Ka King or Xplosion. Same with his friend Garrett Bischoff.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I have to say I'm shocked they havent given RVD the tv title yet and just let him hold it for eternity. Also the tv title being defended every week is how it should be. As for Devon holding it, well i guess there is a couple of ways to look at it. One you could argue a better performer should be highlighted every week, on the otherhand Devon is an experienced guy so working with younger guys who seem like they are straight out of OVW would be beneficial in some way to those guys.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
21,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
excuse me?
lol where have you been? TNA is alot better than WWE right now. Did you not watch Slammiversary? WWE is almost unwatchable right now and have no mid card feuds going on at all whereas TNA has plenty of mid card feuds thats getting great build. WWE's championship is almost a midcard title at this point and means about as much as the US Title. TNA's title feels like a legit world title that has prestige.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
No, D-von vs robbies needs to stop.

The title being defended every week is actually a good thing.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
21,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
No, D-von vs robbies needs to stop.

The title being defended every week is actually a good thing.
Why? like i said you can't build feuds for it that way its just random guy after random guy every week, its stupid. Whoever heard of that concept anyways? sounds like something Hogan pulled out of his ass at the last second.

Why not have it defended once or twice every month on TV? at least that way you could have a little bit of time to build a feud over it.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
21,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes you can. Just look at the Robbie/Devon feud. Not a great feud but it's the proof that you can actually have feuds for the title.
Ya but the only feuds you'll eve be able to have over it is someone constantly losing and coming back determined to win it, that'll get old after a while with no mic time for anyone or any kind of story arc.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
The name is "tv title" need to be on tv everyime Impact, Xplosion, Pay per views is on, Now the world title, X division title and Knockouts title need to stop being defended every week, Just look at Aries and Roode, title match last thursday, sunday and today they both have title matches..

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Why? like i said you can't build feuds for it that way its just random guy after random guy every week, its stupid. Whoever heard of that concept anyways? sounds like something Hogan pulled out of his ass at the last second.

Why not have it defended once or twice every month on TV? at least that way you could have a little bit of time to build a feud over it.
There no better way of building someone than wins.

Give the tv title to bully ray, have him win every week and you will get the next world champ after storm.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
21,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
There no better way of building someone than wins.

Give the tv title to bully ray, have him win every week and you will get the next world champ after storm.
I meant build to a feud, if Devon keeps winning how's a feud ever supposed to grow? Robbie's lost like 6 times already but the feud is still going, which is stupid. Have Devon lose in a few non title matches and that would help a feud over the belt greatly. But you can't ever have that happen because every match he's defending the title so if he lost once he'd lose the belt. How can anyone think he might be in danger of losing the belt if he always wins?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

It has been going on through out wrestling history. This concept has nothing to do with Hogan.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
21,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
lol op wants it to become the ppv title.
No the OP doesn't i just said it should stop being defended every damn week, lower it down to twice a month on tv and once on the ppv. Again i think some are taking the name TV Title a little too serious. ECW's tv title was not defended every single week, ROH's Tv Title is not defended every week. Just because its called the TV Title doesn't mean it should only be defended on TV.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts