Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Likes wrestling....
8,732 Posts
Okay boys,

I submit for you now if I can figure out how to post it, proof that wrestling was hardcore twenty years before you ECW marks started chanting.....You will enjoy this "years ahead of it's time" war between King Jerry Lawler and Superstar Bill Dundee and their rivals Larry "Moondog Spot" Latham, and Wayne "Honkeytonk Man" Ferris.

Too bad Memphis fans did not chant Mid-Southern everytime RAW came to Tennessee, or Kentucky.

BTW Lance Russell is the announcer. Gordan Solie I love your legacy but Lance is just plain better.

Watch the whole thing....

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
This brawl is a significant moment in the history of hardcore wrestling. Over the years we've seen how falls count anywhere matches and hardcore matches from ECW, WCW and WWF were presented in the 90's with the backstage brawls but it was Lawler/Dundee/Ferris/Latham being the first to tear into each other at the concession stand! The final stretch of the tag match was chaotic too but thought of taking the fighting throughout the building was an innovative moment.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Some of the pioneers right there. Lawler never seems to get the respect he deserves by modern fans, probably because he is more known now as the commentator guy and most don't do their research in to his true legacy.

I've always heard about this but never thought to look it up online, so thanks for the footage. Indeed a historic moment.

·
Likes wrestling....
8,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The manager of the facility told the wrestlers they could do anything except mess with the popcorn machine......it was destroyed. Another thing I have always heard was that the poor guys wife had no clue it was a work, she was furious with the wreslters after the brawl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts