Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You may have seen this video online in your time following wrestling. Taken from a leaked copy of the raw footage of a Smackdown taping, the match in question was Batista and Rey Mysterio vs MNM (Johnny Nitro/John Morrison and Joey Mercury) in a cage match. Mark Henry was supposed to break the locked door open to interfere and help MNM win.

The story that is normally told is that the cage door was "gimmicked" so Henry could easily break it off, but he couldn't figure out how to do it for minute or two. Thus, time stood still as he tried to get it open, and WWE had to edit the embarrassing gap between when he got to the door and when he actually got it open.

That's not what actually happened.

In reality, the ring crew forget to gimmick the door. After yanking on it over and over in the manner that would've pulled the door off if it hand been properly tinkered with, Henry had to go with Plan B.

It took 40 seconds as it seemed like time stood still in the ring, but Henry legitimately broke the chain that was holding the door closed.

No shenanigans.

No gimmicking.

Mark Henry is so strong that when the ring crew forgot to gimmick the cage door for him, he saved the show by breaking a genuine steel chain. If what happened to him happened to any other WWE monster heel (like Kane, who debuted by pulling the door off the Hell in a Cell cage), the angle would've been ruined.

Yet, because some wrestling fans like to irrationally pick on him, he's been branded an idiot who couldn't figure out how to pull off a gimmicked door
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m0bAWU4gKk
The man is just a pioneer.

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
What's up with the crew always forgetting to gimmick objects for Henry???
I smell a C-O-N-spiracy!

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
Obviously not true, but you can tell that everyone will believe it because Henry is an IWC wonder all of a sudden.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
WOW, but honestly, if others got desperate as well, I think people like Cena, Show, Brock Lesner, and even Kane, could probably do the same as well.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
Apart from the fact that there is no source, I don't see why this couldn't be true.
Why the fuck would the crewmen forget to gimmick the cage door, it was one of the focal points of the entire show and they just forgot?

Doubt it, Mark Henry is pretty dumb anyway.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Why the fuck would the crewmen forget to gimmick the cage door, it was one of the focal points of the entire show and they just forgot?

The announce table that Henry slammed Lawler through was supposed to be gimmicked by the ringcrew. These sort of mistakes do happen.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Why the fuck would they forget to gimmick an announce table? these things happen, face facts Mark Henry saved the show. Your just a hater and a doubter.

·
Registered
180 Posts
WOW, but honestly, if others got desperate as well, I think people like Cena, Show, Brock Lesner, and even Kane, could probably do the same as well.
If Henry did it then big show could probably do it. Amoung others. But I have my doubts that this is true considering there is no source provided.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m0bAWU4gKk

EDITTTTTT YEAH its legit.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
I don't think that was scripted, because even though "Ratings" Henry broke the chain, he came off looking real weak because it took him about a minute to do it (Wrestlers usually break the gimmicked door in 5 seconds).

Henry's a beast of a man.

·
Sorry bout your damn luck
3,483 Posts
The chain was rigged to break with enough force.

I'm sure that they cut one of the links which weakened it's durability but left it as is and then Henry pulling with all his weight got the rest of the job done.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts

The crew forgot to gimmick the table that Lawler went through. The crew are human after all. Everyone makes mistakes - everyone but Mark Henry.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts