Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The three top tag teams in the WWE are getting cheered. So why can't they interact and make the tag division exciting? There has been many solid missed opportunities, but this seems too good, yet the tag titles are just being used as props. Seth/Rollins Real Americans, and The Wyatts could be having a great series for the tag titles, and the feud should be able to write itself.

Is three heel teams going at it with people cheering their fave until one turns face really that illogical? None of the teams like each other, and just want the belts, that should be enough reason to feud and get a story line going.

USA chants, we the people chants, pops for the Wyatt's, and the Shield getting cheered. Not to mention, santino was booed for helping hornswoggle. fpalm

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
That crowd was sick of the comedy acts playing faces in the WWE!

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We The People is one of the easiest chants to do.
At mania people were cheering Shield big time, especially Ambrose. These teams are over enough to make those titles the shit again, but it seems like it's not allowed.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Wait, is there even any face teams? isn't PTP technically heels as well?
Well there is Tons of Funk I guess, I am guessing Los Matadors are supposed to be face for now :lol

·
Registered
392 Posts
They should start listening to Bray wyatts's promos.

There ain't no such thing as a hero. They been lyin' to you, man! There's no right, no wrong etc etc.

Seriously,this tag team division is not only talented, but most of the teams are over or are on their way to being over. How rare is that? Credit to them for building up the division, but now it's time to start the competition.

Edge and christian, dudley boyz, and the hardy's all had their own fans. Let the crowds pick their favorites. They need to just let these guys put on shows andlet the creme rise to the top.

Wyatts vs the shield can be an epic feud, that's the only one I'd wait a bit before cashing in on. Let the Uso's or PTP take the titles off the shield, then have the Wyatt's target them as part of their crusade. They take the belts. Beat down the PTP, Uso's, tons of funk, matadors, etc. For a couple months. Then one night after their match sierra hotel india echo lima delta hits, Bray watches on in his rocking chair as the shield beatdown his boys, and a feud is born.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
They're getting cheered because they're booked the strongest of all tag teams by far

The Sheild: Strongest booked team since HHH's overpushed groups. In fact, they're among the strongest booked anything on the roster. I'd say they're inarguably top 3 for strongest booking this year. Only CM Punk and Daniel Bryan rival their booking power.

Wyatts: Rarely lose at anything, get unique enterance and get mic time.

Real Americans: Have a xenophobic republican gimmick (strong portion of the WWE fanbase) and get the most mic time of any team.

Face tag teams who are pushed? Just joke tag teams who get next to zero mic time and aren't booked to be taken seriously. Matadors, Santino/Khali, Clay/Tensai.

There's practically nothing else to cheer for besides those heel tag teams.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Usos still have a tag team shot at the titles. The Usos are popular as fuck now too. Have the match happen, the Usos come so damn close to winning but then the real Americans pull the Usos out of the ring and throw them into the steel steps. Then right before real Americans brawl with Shield, the arena goes black...

Can only imagine the interest the division will finally get.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Oh the Usos, forgot about them since they've just been Daniel Bryan's henchmen lately.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh the Usos, forgot about them since they've just been Daniel Bryan's henchmen lately.
Exactly. Titles just feeling like props. If these three teams leave the division, then they need to find legit teams again. Because the only ones with good promo skills as far as I know is Slater, and Titus.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Exactly. Titles just feeling like props. If these three teams leave the division, then they need to find legit teams again. Because the only ones with good promo skills as far as I know is Slater, and Titus.
Yep. Those titles may as well not even exist right now. Figuratively, they pretty much don't. The Shield has an invisible "three man tag team championship", and the US and tag belts are basically just placeholders for it. So those actual titles have no purpose whatsoever but to symbolize their 3 man championship status.

Funny thing is, if they didn't have the belts at all, nothing would be different. If they didn't bring them out next week, then continued not to brign them out. . .I bet most fans wouldn't even notice. Then a few months from now people would ask whatever happened to the tag and US titles? And half the fanbase couldn't give you a straight answer without looking it up.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Agreed. Can't cheer for the face tag teams when they are treated as jokes. Team Santino is a joke and only for comedy relief. Tons of Funk are a joke too because of their gimmick. The Usos are cool but they never get mic time so it's hard to root for them. The only guys who get time to talk are the Shield, Wyatt Family and the Real Americans. It's no shock that us fans start to cheer for them instead of the lame joke tag teams.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yep. Those titles may as well not even exist right now. Figuratively, they pretty much don't. The Shield has an invisible "three man tag team championship", and the US and tag belts are basically just placeholders for it. So those actual titles have no purpose whatsoever but to symbolize their 3 man championship status.

Funny thing is, if they didn't have the belts at all, nothing would be different. If they didn't bring them out next week, then continued not to brign them out. . .I bet most fans wouldn't even notice. Then a few months from now people would ask whatever happened to the tag and US titles? And half the fanbase couldn't give you a straight answer without looking it up.
Very true, which is why it makes more sense for the shield to drop the titles, and for a highly competitive tag title scene to form. I'm not saying the title should change week to week or anything, I just think the shield have held the titles long enough, they don't need a longer title reign to look good. Let the other teams get there turn, because if anything they need the rest of the division to look good so that the matches will be more highly anticipated and a bigger part of the show.

I think with goldust back, Cody will have a short stint in the tag division with his bro. They are the perfect team to take the titles off the shield, the reaction was great when they won last night. Goldust also seems like a good target for recruitment by the Wyatt's. Nice segway over to the Wyatts's,and could possibly set up an opportunity for that cody vs goldust match at wm XXX.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts