Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Hustle, Loyalty, Respect
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look, I love Sting. The Darby and Sting tag team match was dope, but these weekly interviews need to stop, they are pointless and kills the aura of Sting. Let Sting wonder around in the shadows and help Darby from time to time.

·
Premium Member
17,453 Posts
I don't like them, either. I like Sting, but it can't be Christmas every week or it loses it's special appeal. I imagine these interviews happen for 2 reasons:
1) Sting wanted to be full time and this is how that's possible
2) TNT Tony think he's drawing, which I think Sting definitely contributes to

I don't hate it, but I do change the channel we see Sting - which is a terrible sign because I like Sting

·
None. More. Hated.
Tuck Your Chin.
8,722 Posts
Wheres the whole thing going? Archer and Jake vs. Darby and Sting or something? Fuck me sideways

·
rasslin
6,462 Posts
The best part of this thread is the recommended reading has a thread titled “is anyone getting tired of Sting doing the same thing over and over?”

That was 3 months ago and he’s still doing the same thing.

Gotta be the easiest money anyone’s ever made in this business.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
5,112 Posts
Look, I love Sting. The Darby and Sting tag team match was dope, but these weekly interviews need to stop, they are pointless and kills the aura of Sting. Let Sting wonder around in the shadows and help Darby from time to time.
Doing interviews is the main thing Sting can do. TK paid for it, so why not doing it?

·
Registered
14,706 Posts
The best part of this thread is the recommended reading has a thread titled “is anyone getting tired of Sting doing the same thing over and over?”

That was 3 months ago and he’s still doing the same thing.

Gotta be the easiest money anyone’s ever made in this business.
Hmm, I think Nailz, Lanny Poffo and The Iron Shiek all got paid by WCW to do literally nothing for a while. But those are the ONLY ones I can think of.

And remember, TK said he didn’t want to end up like WCW...

·
Registered
14,706 Posts
It’s actually genius booking. This is going to turn into a meme and Sting is going to become the biggest star in wrestling again.

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Nothing against the Stinger, but they should of never brought him in. These segments are terrible.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
I actually really liked the Sting segment this week. He really made things awkward for Archer by showering him with compliments. This strategy works in IRL confrontations and is hilarious every time IMO

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yea I agree. Enough is enough with the sting interviews.
Looks to me like they may break up Jake abs lance, that’s how it came across with what Sting said. Almost like Jake cant get Lance to the top.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Sting seems to be taking on the role of AEW's wise granddaddy and mentor. Jake's face when Sting bigged up Archer was funny. He basically wants Archer to kill Sting, his old enemy from WCW, but Sting completely went in another direction and turned Archer into an excitable kid.

432324.jpg

Tbh, I'm not sure where this leads though. Archer is a crazy SOB who is hard to control and Jake has been his minder since day one.

I wonder if Sting could pull Archer away from Jake, leading to Jake either being written off TV or bringing in a new guy. Perhaps they could bring back the Snake Pit as a talk show, but his voice is very croaky nowadays.

Semi off-topic but people talk about wrestling being goofy now, but this is from 1992. 😂

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Based on this segment, I predict Archer will team with Darby against Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky. I don't know if this is a Dynamite match or DoN though

·
Registered
14,706 Posts
Sting seems to be taking on the role of AEW's wise granddaddy and mentor. Jake's face when Sting bigged up Archer was funny. He basically wants Archer to kill Sting, his old enemy from WCW, but Sting completely went in another direction and turned Archer into an excitable kid.

View attachment 99694

Tbh, I'm not sure where this leads though. Archer is a crazy SOB who is hard to control and Jake has been his minder since day one.

I wonder if Sting could pull Archer away from Jake, leading to Jake either being written off TV or bringing in a new guy. Perhaps they could bring back the Snake Pit as a talk show, but his voice is very croaky nowadays.

Semi off-topic but people talk about wrestling being goofy now, but this is from 1992. 😂

That segment is maligned and considered one of the reasons that WCW was such a hole because of Jim Herd. This is exactly the kind of evidence that proves this shit that doesn’t work.

How many times is Archer going to turn/almost turn. He came in a heel. Didn’t he turn face for a week? Then he was back to being a heel. Now he’s a face again.

The same with Death Triangle. They’ve turned at least twice as a faction. Assuming they are heels now? Or are they faces?

Then you’ve got Brandi and The Bucks.

Constant turns damage investment. And yes, they are all considered turns. When you are presented in a light that people are supposed to cheer you, as opposed to boo you — that is a turn. None of this tweener shit. People are either rooting for or against.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
19,322 Posts
Yeah they for sure need to go they’re getting old and they are pointless as fuck, why does he need to be interviewed every week? whats he got to talk about exactly? I mean he’s interviewed every single week that’s all he does on the show so what can he have to talk about so much when all he does is get interviewed? They never even say what the interview is about or what he’s gonna say it’s just “hey here’s our weekly Tony Schiavone interviews Sting segment again”.

And every time he gets interrupted within the first 10 seconds of the interview, every time without fail, I was literally counting down from 10 seconds the moment his interview started this week and low and behold he was interrupted before I got finished counting.

·
Registered
Hustle, Loyalty, Respect
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah they for sure need to go they’re getting old and they are pointless as fuck, why does he need to be interviewed every week? whats he got to talk about exactly? I mean he’s interviewed every single week that’s all he does on the show so what can he have to talk about so much when all he does is get interviewed? They never even say what the interview is about or what he’s gonna say it’s just “hey here’s our weekly Tony Schiavone interviews Sting segment again”.

And every time he gets interrupted within the first 10 seconds of the interview, every time without fail, I was literally counting down from 10 seconds the moment his interview started this week and low and behold he was interrupted before I got finished counting.
This week's segment especially made my brain hurt...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I agree, next week have him interrupt Archer for a change or present him in a different format. Or, just have him alone in the ring and do the promo. No need for Tony to be around him all the time.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts