Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I swear to god I had something for this...
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What really bugs me is how they don't even play the real crowd reactions. They are blatant if you pay any real attention to the difference in reactions from the live shows(PPVs & Raw) & the taped shows (Smackdown, Main Event, etc). The lack of genuine emotion just doesn't feel right.

For example, look at AJ & Brie. On Smackdown, Brie supposedly gets a big cheer, while AJ comes out & gets booed. Yet it's completely contradicted on the PPV when Brie comes out to barely any reaction at all, while AJ gets cheered throughout the whole match.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I agree. They are trying to make some "superstars" more starrish than what they should. If it's not natural, then it doesn't work.

·
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mark fans are always gonna cheer for fellow marks in the ring.
You're just brainwashed. You think that every crowd that cheers a "heel" is a mark crowd. When is the last time AJ didn't get cheered on a live show, let alone booed like WWE has it play on Smackdown? When is the last time you heard Brie get a big pop on a live crowd like they play on Smackdown?

You just sound like another mindless drone that WWE wants you to be.

·
Premium Member
15,439 Posts
it has nothing to do with marks cheering heels. it's them cheering fellow marks. they see AJ Lee as their equal rather than a legitimate star.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I swear it's the same vacuum cleaner sound effect since like 2005.

·
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it has nothing to do with marks cheering heels. it's them cheering fellow marks. they see AJ Lee as their equal rather than a legitimate star.

Believe whatever you want, but that doesn't mean it's the truth. In this day & age, more fans recognize talent, not by what WWE tells them to think. Bray Wyatt is a heel, but he gets a fair share of cheers because he's awesome. AJ gets cheered because people know that she's, by far, the best female performer in the WWE today. CM Punk got cheered more & more as time went on in his last heel run because he was still great.

Fans, on average, are smarter than they used to be. They cheer who they feel is the best, not what WWE tells them to think. Just look at the people it's happening to today most notably; AJ Lee, Bray Wyatt, & Antonio Cesaro.

·
Registered
339 Posts
It's been said 20 dozen times but i agree OP.

I cannot watch Smackdown due to the fake ovation some guys and girls get. Kofi Kingston is portrayed to receive a Stone Cold like reception on Smackdown but 9 times out of 10 he is greeted with utter silence. Even when he does get some reaction its polite clapping.

Believe whatever you want, but that doesn't mean it's the truth. In this day & age, more fans recognize talent, not by what WWE tells them to think. Bray Wyatt is a heel, but he gets a fair share of cheers because he's awesome. AJ gets cheered because people know that she's, by far, the best female performer in the WWE today. CM Punk got cheered more & more as time went on in his last heel run because he was still great.

Fans, on average, are smarter than they used to be. They cheer who they feel is the best, not what WWE tells them to think. Just look at the people it's happening to today most notably; AJ Lee, Bray Wyatt, & Antonio Cesaro.
Fans are smarter then they used to be ?

Wrestling fans have been able to see through cow shit since the mid to late 1990's.

I agree with what your saying. Tonight had a perfect example on Raw. Santino stopping Cesaro from swinging Hornswoggle or whatever his name is.
The crowd boo'ed Santino YET WWE expected the audience to cheer and get off their seats and start dancing like douche bags.

I presume its a sponsorship thing. Sponsors have no interest in investing in a Bray Wyatt type character or a psycho bitch AJ Lee.
They want a safe option, wholesome John Cena type character or an easy on the eye yet thick as shit Bella Twin because being a twin is fooking amazing !!!. :lawrence

·
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's been said 20 dozen times but i agree OP.

I cannot watch Smackdown due to the fake ovation some guys and girls get. Kofi Kingston is portrayed to receive a Stone Cold like reception on Smackdown but 9 times out of 10 he is greeted with utter silence. Even when he does get some reaction its polite clapping.

Fans are smarter then they used to be ?

Wrestling fans have been able to see through cow shit since the mid to late 1990's.

I agree with what your saying. Tonight had a perfect example on Raw. Santino stopping Cesaro from swinging Hornswoggle or whatever his name is.
The crowd boo'ed Santino YET WWE expected the audience to cheer and get off their seats and start dancing like douche bags.

I presume its a sponsorship thing. Sponsors have no interest in investing in a Bray Wyatt type character or a psycho bitch AJ Lee.
They want a safe option, wholesome John Cena type character or an easy on the eye yet thick as shit Bella Twin because being a twin is fooking amazing !!!. :lawrence
At least with AJ, WWE knows that she makes more in merchandise sales than all the other divas combined. They do trust her as well. Which was proven when they let her cut that promo on the TD cast. According to an interview, she came up with it all on her own. After turning down being on the TD show, they let her go out & say why.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts