Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At one point TNA was the only place to see tag team wrestling now its pretty much gone the few tag teams left arent doing much I dont know what happened but it dosnt matter any more now its time to start pumping tag team back up bring in some real established teams to give it life. i dont want to see the tag belts melt away . Who do you all think would help bring back the tag division in a major way?

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
Apart from Beer Money/GenMe, there's nothing else that can really be done right now as I don't see Gunner and Murphy as worthy contenders. It does need help, yes.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think needs develop some teams from their roster but some reason feels like it needs help some wrestlers are out from injury

TNA Teams they have
McMg(Shelley out with injury)
Beer Money
Ink Inc
Generation Me
Gunner & Murphy
EY & Orlando
London Brawling(when Wolfe gets cleared to wrestle)

that 7 teams way better then WWE has but I agree they need some help

·
Registered
984 Posts
Bring back The Band!

Edit:
Seriously tho, TNA is trying to focus on the X-division right now. I'm sure Tag-team will become a focus after the X-division picture becomes clearer.

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,019 Posts
For all their failings, I think The Hardy Boyz still have one really good tag match left in them.

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
Well losing Alex Shelley was definitely a huge blow, and taking GenMe & putting them in the X Division takes away some life blood as well. And then there is the never ending issues with Desmond Wolfe that has kept London Brawling off TV. Any update on that?

What possibilities do they have for tag teams? Well:

- The Hardy Boys = That is certainly a trump card they can play at some point. Hell, I'd probably prefer them to be a team.
- Hernandez & El Zorro = With both of them coming from AAA, it only seems logical to put them together and form a new LAX or something.
- The British Invasion = I don't know what the deal is with Desmond Wolfe, but if he isn't going to come back, might as well put Magnus & Dougie back together (hell they never should have been split in the first place really)
- Amazing Red & Crimson = Well they are brothers in kayfabe, so why the hell not? I love big man/little man teams anyway, so that might be fun.

And those are just some ideas using their current roster. I still think that some great teams to bring in would be The Kings of Wrestling and of course, Haas & Benjamin (they probably should have tried to get them as the new "THEY").

So yeah, there are plenty of things they could do to get it back on track. I feel like Shelley's injury really took some of the life out of the tag division. Why wouldn't it? The Guns were basically the MVPs of TNA for the better part of the last year.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
How fast the tag division can repair itself largely depends on how long it takes for the Immortal storyline to finish. None of the other teams can really be moved into the upper-midcard to feud with BM, but the tag belts NEED to stay on Beer Money all the same as none of the others teams can replace Beer Money as the centerpiece. The storyline has to end soon so Beer Money can have some programs with the other teams.

Then again, I have a gut feeling that the trigger will be pulled on Roode to move into the ME before either a replacement centerpiece can be found or before the Guns return if Bischoff has plans to build off that promo Roode cut.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Options:

1) Sign the Briscoes.
2) Make a new team: Crimson/Red.
3) Make a new team: Morgan and Crimson.
4) Make a new team: Morgan and Hoyt.
5) Put the Hardys back together.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Beer Money Vs The Hardy Boyz?

At the moment with the roster, there isn't a great deal that can be done with the tag teams at their disposal. TNA either needs to bring in new teams or create them out of wrestlers not currently heading in any particular direction.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The Hardys Vs. Beer Money would be nice to see with a long feud but I don't see it happening for 2 reasons. One I think they wanna keep Jeff in the TNA World Title picture & Two Jeff's legal problems

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Sign some teams from Ring of Honor. That video on Shirley Crabtree III's post is what tag team wrestling should be. That was fun to watch!

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
The problem is that the MCMG WERE the tag team division. It was a one team division and that team is gone. Beer Money and GenMe are good, but they can't just be put with any random tag team and put on a good match or program. The Guns are capable of doing that. And they're one of the few teams who can do that, including the Kings of Wrestling and the American Wolves.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I'd like Red and Crimson to be a team. I don't like seeing Red as just a jobber, can clearly they're trying to push Crimson, so why not push Red as well? It could actually be a stellar team, as both have interesting movesets, that could lead to some interesting double team moves.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Oh now people realize TNA only has two tag teams worth giving a shit about.

Ink Inc......bland.
Gunner and Murphy. Who?
OJ and Eric Young.....who gives a shit?

Sadly in 2011 it only takes 2 tag teams to have the most stacked tag team division in the world.

·
Registered
984 Posts
The Hardys Vs. Beer Money would be nice to see with a long feud but I don't see it happening for 2 reasons. One I think they wanna keep Jeff in the TNA World Title picture & Two Jeff's legal problems
Actually I see Hardy's legal problems a perfect reason for TNA to take him out of the World Title picture. They could just have AJ replace him as the next number 1 contender after Against All Odds. And then the Hardy bros go after the Tag Titles.

·
Registered
737 Posts
shame the dudleys have split up, the ideal tag team division for tna for me personally would consist of

Hardy Boys
Team 3d
Ink Inc.
Beer Money.
London Brawling.
Generation Me
MCMG
Briscoe Boyz
Shelton&Haas
Rob Terry&Scott Steiner
Hernandez&El Zorro
Gunner&Murphy (give them a name like seek and destroy or something and proper ring gear)

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
It’s a shame the division that pretty much carried the in ring side of many shows of the 2nd half of 2010 is what it is now, thanks in large part to Shelley’s injury. Gen Me moving to the X Division doesn’t help, but it’s not like they were given credibility even when they went after the belts.

Currently there looks to be no challengers for Beer Money or an attempt to establish one. As great as BM are, it’s nigh impossible to carry a strong division that’s basically composed of Ink Inc, Gunner & Murphy, and Young & Jordan. Ink Inc are easily the best of that lot, and I think they’re below average promos, maybe average in the ring, and overall feel like a lower card act.

Looking at the roster, there doesn’t seem to be an obvious quick fix to strengthening the division or creating a title feud that could be presented as something major.

A BM/Hardys feud could be something even given the Hardys current state, but that’d leave TNA with no big heel in the World Title picture unless they end the Angle/Jarrett storyline or turn someone, and I don’t see who they could turn.

There’s no combination of lesser Immortal members--Matt Hardy, Terry, Abyss, Hernandez--that strikes me as a potentially solid team. Bringing back a heel British Invasion with the option of plugging in Wolfe later could be a decent start. While that’d see Williams turn again too soon, at least he’d be doing something. How has he only appeared on 1 of the last 5 Impacts? Other than that and maybe a potential short-term heel team with Sabin and someone decent going after BM, who they could attribute Shelley’s injury to (though I think MCMG are better off as faces now), I’m unsure how you’d bulk up the division with quality workers/teams using just the people under contract, especially w/o weakening some other area of the card.

Despite their roster being overcrowded, they need to bring in at least one strong team be it one from the Indies, NJPW or AAA. Even if Shelley didn’t get injured and GM didn’t get moved to the X Division, there weren’t many fresh, strong match ups left in the division. They should have put together at least one new permanent team when they decided to break up 3D.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts