Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
It was in bizzaroworld. Though seems strange they'd cheer Orton over Benoit. But something was strange about that moment.

Especially when Orton ended up being on the front page of papers(I think it was front page, either that,or just front page of the sports section. There was also an entire section on summerslam)

Maybe fans really saw him as the future of the WWE and were happy with it?

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts
Let me put it this way. That PPV was of the worst live PPV viewing experiences I have ever had and it wasn't the WWE's fault (for clarification, I watched it at home live on PPV). The crowd was so awful and just shit all over everything that it just sort of sucked the life out of the show.

If I had to compare it to anything recent, Lockdown 2012 was sort of the same thing. The crowd just killed the show, though in that case it was because the crowd was just dead quiet for some reason.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
It was one of the more funnier crowds I remember seeing in recent years, sure it was odd but so odd that it gave me a laugh throughout the show. I can't remember where the video is on youtube, if its still there even. I saw it years ago, probably like 2007 or 2008 but during the JBL and Undertaker match the crowd was so bored that they decided to do a mexican wave all the way around the arena. one of the more hillarious moments I must admitt.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
@4.30 mexican wave.
@5.00 Bizzaro world.
@7.00 Spanish table chant.

Crowd start to get into match as it ends.

Crowd not happy, limo spot saves the boo's, holy shit chant.
@4.35 Crowd chant na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye.
@7.00 JR/Lawler comment on crowd/atmosphere.

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Let me put it this way. That PPV was of the worst live PPV viewing experiences I have ever had and it wasn't the WWE's fault (for clarification, I watched it at home live on PPV). The crowd was so awful and just shit all over everything that it just sort of sucked the life out of the show.

If I had to compare it to anything recent, Lockdown 2012 was sort of the same thing. The crowd just killed the show, though in that case it was because the crowd was just dead quiet for some reason.
Nothing was worse than that lockdown crowd.

They killed what was a decent quality PPV.

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
Something else very strange that no one has mentioned is that they booed Edge, the home town boy, which is very unusual for Toronto. Whenever I've been to a show in Toronto everyone is always like 90% behind Edge but on that night at Summerslam, they booed him like crazy.

Very odd crowd indeed on that night.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Something else very strange that no one has mentioned is that they booed Edge, the home town boy, which is very unusual for Toronto. Whenever I've been to a show in Toronto everyone is always like 90% behind Edge but on that night at Summerslam, they booed him like crazy.

Very odd crowd indeed on that night.
I think Edge got booed at WM18 too?

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
T.O crowds are always great and they made that PPV for me. Only two great matches (WHC title match and Angle/Eddie) so the crowd made it much more entertaining. Some of the things they did:

- Booed Edge despite being from TO and he wasn't even a heel at that point. Y2J got cheered throughout the match.
- You screwed Bret chants in the Orton/Benoit match to Earl Hebner
- Benoit was cheered but they seemed to be cheering for Orton a bit more
- Angle was cheered over Eddie despite being a heel
- Eugene was booed anytime he got offense in except when he imitated Hogan and Austin and did the pedigree. Expected though.
- Spanish Table chants in the Benoit/Orton and Taker/JBL match
- Mexican wave during the Taker/JBL match
- Gave Cena a huge pop at his entrance but they cooled off at the end of the match because his performance was beyond terrible. The finish was laughable and guy got carried throughout the match, albeit it was a pretty short one.
I think Edge got booed at WM18 too?
Nope. In fact, I just saw the match because you said this. He got a decent pop at his entrance and cheered when he did the spinaroonie. The reasoning behind that feud was so terrible. Fighting over a shampoo commercial? Really. They should've given us Edge/Christian that night.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.