·
Hit the kitchen up, and water whip. SKRRT
4,030 Posts
Re: CM Punks future

Tweets made by CM Punk this evening/night:

CMPunk CM Punk
Come say goodbye on July 17th. I promise to go out with a bang. Trust me. XxX

CMPunk CM punk
I think it's creepy too, but it's really helpful. I knew I'd be history by July. Come say goodbye on July 17th.

CMPunk CM Punk
I knew I was gone at the beginning of the year. I just woke up one day and I knew. That's the way I work a lot of the time.

seems its safe to say that by the 17th July he will be gone from WWE.

What will his future be after?
What leads you to that assumption? You heard of kayfabe? Possibly a swerve? He's most likely signed a new contract and is using this angle to take a break, like he said he wanted to.

·
The Man
25,722 Posts
Re: The Summer of Punk

if Punk leaves what else is there for me. I like alot of the rest but they barely get time to shine. Ever since ECW i liked Punk but his heel turn against Hardy and the SES made me mark for him. Im not even going to the July 11 raw in boston cuz im tired of supercena.

·
Fear Me!
3,444 Posts

I don't know, I just have a feeling that this is part of a storyline, and that Punk will win the WWE Title at Money In The Bank. I was thinking this to myself during RAW after Punk's promo that the storyline could involve Punk obviously winning the title, then parading around as an outsider so to speak wearing the WWE Title. Vince would try and demand he return the title, to which Punk won't because he'll claim he won the title fairly.

I don't know what else would happen, but it would make for an intriguing storyline if done right. Of course, I could just see Punk dropping the WWE Title right back to Cena at Summerslam, then taking time off after that. I guess we'll see, but I hope Punk wins the title.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts

I look at that last quote you posted, and I might take that "trust me" seriously.

·
Registered
549 Posts

This thread actually reminds me a lot of the nexus talk from last year. We have an interesting heel doing something fresh and awesome, and hordes of IWC getting ahead of themselves and predicting an epic title reign. Fact is, this is 2011. Just like with the Nexus, Cena will go superman, Never Give Up and win with yet another miraculous comeback. It's a testament to Punk's brilliance that this one might not be a total burial.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts

Coming off a win at a PPV (after nearly a year drought) and entering a really interesting storyline going about being an Honest Man (Jericho 2008), I don't see him going away so soon. I have a hard time imagining it to be honest. He'll probably lose the title match with Cena, take some time off kayfabe wise and come back with a bang maybe at the RUmble.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

How I would book this:

Punk vs. Cena goes on first, and Punk goes over. Later in the night, Cena somehow gets into the MitB match and wins it, saying he's cashing it in right now and taking the belt back. Punk, who's still under contract until midnight, is forced to take part in the match. Eventually, Punk eats and AA and...kicks out. Cena looks shocked as Punk rolls out of the ring. When Cena goes after him, Punk rolls back into the ring and Cena walks into a GTS and Punk beats Cena again. Punk starts to leave the ring when the GM sends an e-mail. Considering what's happened, (s)he's giving the winner of the Smackdown MitB authorization to cash in their contract for the Raw belt. The SD MitB winner (we'll say it's DBD for the hell of it) comes out and cashes in his contract. Eventually, DBD gets Punk in the Lebell Lock, and just when it looks like Punk is going to tap out he reverses it into the Anaconda Vice and DBD taps out.

The next night, Punk "buys a ticket" to watch Raw, bringing the title with him. Cena comes out and pleads with Punk to "do the right thing", to no avail. By the end of the night, Cena will convince Punk to wrestle him at SS by offering Punk Cena's contract if he wins. So if Cena wins, Punk is still gone but the title is back with the company, and if Punk wins, Cena is gone from the company, but Punk is re-signed with the WWE under the deal that Cena had, and the belt is still back in the company.

Then at SS, Punk goes over Cena again, allowing Cena to take some time off and rest until Survivor Series or TLC, when he makes his return, probably takes the title off Punk, and feuds with ADR for a few months until WM where he faces Rock.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

I know I can speak for myself and many others that being part of the IWC for so long, we miss getting 'got' (to quote R-Crackhead) by WWE plans/storylines anymore. I can't imagine what it would be like if Punk walking out of MITB with the WWE Title, with everyone believing he would actually be gone after the PPV. It would be just crazy. If WWE and Punk some how kept a contract re-signing under wraps, and Punk won the belt in his hometown...the Allstate Arena would literally explode. And then the question that would stand and rope you in to tune in the following night on Raw: "what happens now?"

That's how you build ratings.

And stars.
That is beyond perfect... Apply for head writer right now.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts

Punk defeats Cena

MITB Winner #1 cashes in on Punk. Punk defeats MITB Winner #1.

MITB Winner #2 cashes in too. Defeats Punk

Goodbye, Punk

·
The Sundance Kid
18,392 Posts

How I would book this:

Punk vs. Cena goes on first, and Punk goes over. Later in the night, Cena somehow gets into the MitB match and wins it, saying he's cashing it in right now and taking the belt back. Punk, who's still under contract until midnight, is forced to take part in the match. Eventually, Punk eats and AA and...kicks out. Cena looks shocked as Punk rolls out of the ring. When Cena goes after him, Punk rolls back into the ring and Cena walks into a GTS and Punk beats Cena again. Punk starts to leave the ring when the GM sends an e-mail. Considering what's happened, (s)he's giving the winner of the Smackdown MitB authorization to cash in their contract for the Raw belt. The SD MitB winner (we'll say it's DBD for the hell of it) comes out and cashes in his contract. Eventually, DBD gets Punk in the Lebell Lock, and just when it looks like Punk is going to tap out he reverses it into the Anaconda Vice and DBD taps out.

The next night, Punk "buys a ticket" to watch Raw, bringing the title with him. Cena comes out and pleads with Punk to "do the right thing", to no avail. By the end of the night, Cena will convince Punk to wrestle him at SS by offering Punk Cena's contract if he wins. So if Cena wins, Punk is still gone but the title is back with the company, and if Punk wins, Cena is gone from the company, but Punk is re-signed with the WWE under the deal that Cena had, and the belt is still back in the company.

Then at SS, Punk goes over Cena again, allowing Cena to take some time off and rest until Survivor Series or TLC, when he makes his return, probably takes the title off Punk, and feuds with ADR for a few months until WM where he faces Rock.
I hope this was a joke. This is beyond Russo bad. Cena winning MITB, both MITBs being wasted in one night, CM Punk prevailing in 3 matches on one night? My god even I can't support this.

·
Registered
371 Posts

While im not sure if Punk will win the strap here why he SHOULD.

Punk leaving with the tittle will only give the WWE one World Championship.
I was a bit gutted when WWE done away with the unified tittles all those years ago, mainly cause i liked the idea of one guy being able to go cross brand (which now days i guess means nothing). Having Cena/Orton with another star like Miz tagging in and out of the main event scene, going for the tittle just makes sense at this point. While Christian and R-Truth's rise to the main event may have been done well it still hasnt positioned them as Main Event Stars, well none that seem like a threat to either champion, and thats been an issue for a while.
Having Cena/Orton tied up with the tittle means that the guys they have elevated sightly in Christian/Truth can take a step back down for a second and have feuds with guys like Kofi/Ziggler/Cody/Bryan to bring them up to their level. This way you dont just have three or four guys that look like they can challenge for the belt you now have 8 or 9. Rotating a person at a time into that main event slot would give them all a bit more credibility, and then you can build from there.
I think having one champion between two shows helps solve the 'Star Power' problem, while also keeping the brand split, which doesnt seem to be going away any time soon.

Another reason is that star power is low, and because of that Smackdown! is struggling. Having that one big champ with the big time feuds going between both brand would def help with the Smackdown rating, i have no doubt about that. Having Cena show up on Smackdown to push his next top feud would draw in alot stronger ratings then they have been doing.
Then if that doesnt work, im sure Punk would be open to coming back by the end of the year, even if only for a one shot, that way he could bring the belt back with him, and there you have a strong money match that can actually have a historic feel to it, something that really no match has had in the last ten or so years (minus Taker/HBK... maybe.)

·
Registered
4,438 Posts

He is going out the way Jericho did in 2005. Cena/Del Rio is the feud WWE is going to hype though the roof with Del Rio being looked at as the biggest threat Cena has had in years. I don't like it and many others don't but that is the way WWE is going. The Miz and Del Rio are going to be the top two heels in WWE for many years. Punk I don't think we will see again until the fall of 2012 at the earliest.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts

Punk defeats Cena

MITB Winner #1 cashes in on Punk. Punk defeats MITB Winner #1.

MITB Winner #2 cashes in too. Defeats Punk

Goodbye, Punk
That's not even possible because the MITB's are show specific.

Punk isn't going anywhere. I have a hard time believing Vince is going to run an angle celebrating the fact that somebody is leaving the company and then give them a title shot against the biggest star in the company for his last match. ADR isn't ready to take the strap off Cena yet so I think a Punk win is completely possible.
Cena specifically requested for this, reports have said, and as we all know, guys who bring in a lot of money have pull. As for him saying he's leaving, that's just a way to explain him leaving without having another fucking stupid Loser Leaves WWE match where we absolutely know that Cena's not losing.

I don't know why there's so much denial. I know everybody loves Punk but he's GONE. That's just the way it is, accept it. This is not some damn swerve.

·
Registered
647 Posts

Punk should beat Cena, win the title and leave with it. Take the WWE title out of the picture for a while. Hell, end the brand split while we're at it. Go with the WHC as the #1 (and only) title for a little while and then have Punk return sometime (unannounced) with the WWE title still claiming to be the champion.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

Wrex where did you read that Cena requested this? I'm curious.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts

That's not even possible because the MITB's are show specific.

Cena specifically requested for this, reports have said, and as we all know, guys who bring in a lot of money have pull. As for him saying he's leaving, that's just a way to explain him leaving without having another fucking stupid Loser Leaves WWE match where we absolutely know that Cena's not losing.

I don't know why there's so much denial. I know everybody loves Punk but he's GONE. That's just the way it is, accept it. This is not some damn swerve.
Like I said he will go out pretty much the same way Jericho did in 2005 kicking & screaming while Cena celebrates. With Punk out of the way WWE will hype ADR as the guy that could ruin Cena's dream of the match with the Rock at Wrestlemania being for the WWE Championship. I think this is a bunch of shit but I don't blame Punk for wanted out at this point because all WWE is Orton & Cena. No body on the roster has any cred of being in the ring with them

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Re: CM Punks future

Tweets made by CM Punk this evening/night:

CMPunk CM Punk
Come say goodbye on July 17th. I promise to go out with a bang. Trust me. XxX

CMPunk CM punk
I think it's creepy too, but it's really helpful. I knew I'd be history by July. Come say goodbye on July 17th.

CMPunk CM Punk
I knew I was gone at the beginning of the year. I just woke up one day and I knew. That's the way I work a lot of the time.

seems its safe to say that by the 17th July he will be gone from WWE.

What will his future be after?
http://cmpunk.livejournal.com/

Wednesday, June 15th, 2005
10:09 pm
"Heart of the Devil" or "Goodbye Blue and White"
I knew I was gone at the beggining of the year.
I just woke up one day and knew. That's the way I work a lot of the time. I think it's creepy too, but it's really helpful. I honestly knew i'd be history by June.
Come say goodbye on Saturday, I promise to go out with a bang.
Trust me.
XxX

Current Mood: ev
Current Music: Death by Stereo
----------------

What a worker.

61 - 80 of 3520 Posts