Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Re: The official Steve Austin Thread

The man who should get most credit of helping WWE beating WCW.

His feud with Vince is the greatest feud in my opinion and I don't think anything will come close.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,667 Posts
Time to get this thread off the map. :)

Awesome match between the Hollywood Blondes and Dos Hombres. Must watch for everyone.

·
Banned
4,537 Posts
I have a cool interaction w/ Stone Cold in the video in my signature which starts around the 41 sec mark in the video.

Here are some photos and merch I got

Not my poster but how cool is it to have all the signatures here.

That's priceless , but if u ever wanna sell it hit me up and we can talk numbers ok dude, u lucky person

Stone cold is the GOAT of all time as he helped turn around the wwf with helping the creative with certain aspects of there story angles, he is one of the greatest story tellers ever to grace the squared circle , he had the full package , looks, charm, believability, he took the wwf at the time to new heights never seen since hogan only ever to get there again by the rock in terms of knowning how to sell a product and make people believe he was the guy who was bad but everyone loved who watched the show, it ain't ever been duplicated since, many have tried and failed , he is the GOAT , it's so tragic his neck fxked , he would still be going now in some shape or form, that's why Vince keeps him on board , without him we wouldn't have a wwe as it was a sinking ship, he was the that special something

that only comes round once every few generations.

Peace y'all.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Austin's the man. Nothing more really needs to be said other than that but I will anyway. When I was a teenager Stone Cold was the guy who made wrestling cool again. I started watching in the 80's and where I'm from in the UK wrestling wasn't actually as popular during the Hogan era compared to the New Generation so Bret had pretty much been our main babyface to revere. Further we got into the 90's though wrestling just became less and less cool, kayfabe was dying, Hogan and others from the 80's era were putting on incredibly unrealistic matches and you could catch a lot of heat from people mocking you about being a fan of "fake wrestling." Still we had the Hitman and HBK and others who kept those of us into it. Then Austin happened. I don't think you can really explain it to people who weren't around at the time but it seemed like within weeks of Austin blowing up as Stone Cold ALL of the bullshit about fake wrestling vanished, there were no more taunts, no more mocking, EVERYBODY (at least everybody male) was suddenly a wrestling fan. It went form being lame as hell to rock a wrestling shirt to everybody rocking wrestling shirts all of the time. Yes the Rock was amazing, but Stone Cold was the one who really turned it around, at least where I'm from.

·
Premium Member
13,197 Posts
So, I just finished watching Austin/Shamrock from Raw 09/14/98, which I can't believe I've never seen before. It's so good, Austin working heelish, and shows flashes of what his in-ring style would become in 2001. Hidden gem match.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
21,165 Posts
Whilst you're there, you might as well view my write ups on the rise of Stone Cold in my signature..

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
While getting my 2001 fix, it feels weird seeing Steve Austin take the cowardly heel route asking others to sign a petition to get away from the Triple Threat against Benoit & Jericho at KOTR. Classic segment here though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.