Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have noticed this discussion in various threads so thought I would bring it together.

Tag-Teams in WWE that have been split up this year:
American Alpha
Enzo and Cass
DIY
Hype Bros

And then there's the Hardy's who will inevitably split at some point and Sheamus and Cesaro aren't going to stay together as a team forever...

What we are left with across BOTH brands:

Sheamus and Cesaro - likely to split
The Usos
The Revival
The Hardys - likely to split
The New Day - will probably remain together but all three have potential as singles competitors.
Breezango
Gallows and Anderson
Jobbers - Ascension, Rhyno and Slater

... That's it.

And the NXT division which was once thriving, is looking totally bare as well with the Authors of Pain the only real ones with high potential as a tag team to join the scene.

What do people think is happening here? How does WWE fix a problem they themselves have created? Will we see these teams re-united sooner than we think, and how quick until we see a unification because this probably can't last right?

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Yeah I thought it was real dump splitting up alpha and enzo&cass at the same time not to mention put both jordan and cass on raw. Now was not the right time for either team. Revival/Hardys/Shesaro on raw and usos/new day/breezango on sd will get you through the rest of the year probably but after that you need some new teams.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
I sure hope we aren't returning to the 2011 days of the Otunga/McGillicutty era of tag team wrestling. That was arguably the most depressing wrestling division I had ever seen, it makes today's cruiserweight division look like a legit main event league.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Tag division really is in a poor state at the moment, I'm not sure why they feel the need to keep splitting teams up, especially ones that have nowhere near reached their peaks (American Alphas)

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
I'm glad you posted this because it's something that should be discussed. I'm through with the tag teams they have already split up. I'm totally fine with those break ups. As bad, or illogical as they may be I don't mind them.

The Revival

Although I am not a huge fan of this tag team, they're a true tag team. You can't deny their work in NXT and I know I sure don't. Keeping these two men together makes sense and I imagine that will be the case for some time now. Make them the dirtiest tag team in the business. We will hate them so much DIY will reunite just to kick their ass again.

The Usos

I'm loving their heel work and I also consider them a true tag team. They've earned their spot right now in the WWE. I was so glad they moved on with their characters. This is a genuine tag team that has the capacity to win more tag team gold and become one of a kind in the WWE. I'm talking 10 time WWE tag team champions of the future.

Of course there are other tag teams like The Hardyz who I think should stick together for the long term, but that won't happen. Other tag teams like Sheamus and Cesaro make zero sense. There are tag teams for Comedy like Breezango, but they're for laughs. Gallows and Anderson really need to be a part of a stable and somehow lost direction since their debut.

I think the tag team division should be treated like a division. The biggest PPV of the year for tag teams should be The Survivor Series. The WWE should revamp the concept of the Survivor Series in order to focus on tag team wrestling from both brands. Of course you have singles matches after the event for the tag teams.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It really does seem like WWE are fine with going back to their method from 3/4 years ago with just throwing singles competitors together and having them challenge for the belt.

We've seen it with Shesaro, and now it's likely to happen with Ambrose and Rollins, and we are left with very few actual tag teams.

It sucks even more because those legit tag teams like The Revival and The Usos are legitimately great and are producing the best stuff of their careers.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,445 Posts
The tag divisions should either be merged or just abolished completely, honestly. WWE simply doesn't care at all. It's frustrating after NXT proved how amazing tag team wrestling can be.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,539 Posts
I gave up on tag teams when they completely botched the booking of both Enzo & Cass AND American Alpha. Long before both teams split, they were going nowhere fast. They were the best hope of reestablishing relevancy to either division, but now, The Usos have a tall task of carrying it once again, but at least they're killing it as heels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.