Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a fair and unbiased way what do you think of the star wars prequels, i know among star wars fans they are notorious but whats the general opinion ?

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Great action, great story, great special effects. Just needed more polishing, is all.

They're far better than almost all of the recent superhero movies. And I compare them with superhero movies, since the Jedi are superheroes and Star Wars prequels are mostly about them.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
I prefer the new Episodes (from 00s) in contrast to the Original 3 episodes

·
40,587 Posts
For the money and time involved in these movies, they're some of the worst ever made. Shoddy writing, wooden acting, and most scenes are laughably short. There are a few good fight scenes. Obi Wan v. Jango Fett (lol @ that name). Obi Wan and Qui Gon v. Darth Maul. Yoda v. Palpatine. Yeah, that's about it. I cringed at Yoda fighting with a lightsaber.

Lack of Han Solo hurts them too. There is no character or performance that resembles him. We didn't need a Han clone, but someone who was ethically grey, yet really is overall a good guy/hero was sorely needed in these films. Not sure why Lucas didn't use this classic motif.

What hurts the movies the most is the romance just doesn't work and just isn't believable. Portman and Christiansen have zero chemistry and it's a struggle to watch them together.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Would I get funny looks if I said I've never seen a Star Wars movie? For future reference, what movie should I start on?

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts
The good parts..
1: Darth Maul & Duel of the Fates
2: Windu and the arena fight
3: anything non-Padme

I think Revenge of the Sith is genuinely a good film despite the bad acting. Phantom Menace has too much gungans and droids, making it pretty horrible in parts and Attack of the Clones is the worst of the lot.

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
The writing in the prequels is just too horrible for me to stomach. Even in the comparatively okay Revenge of the Sith, you've got gold like: "Palpatine is evil!" "From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!"

Even Duel of the Fates isn't that great once you realise that John Williams nicked it from Dvořák's New World Symphony.

·
So good they named it thrice
6,336 Posts
They're okay, I'd guess. Although with the money spent on them they were terrible in that regard. Original 3 were a lot better and had that 'magic' feel to them.

3>2>1 IMO.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
This guy saved those movies:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think episode 3 is a good film. 1 is ok, not that good. 2 i remember really not liking.. I actually was thinking of watching them all again soon, this thread just gives me more reason :D

1 - 20 of 75 Posts