Wrestling Forum banner
901 - 920 of 1821 Posts

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Legit question to you guys. Not trying to be a dick. What is the point of being on this forum, and at the same time being a member on other wrestling forums, and other discord groups where you just talk about wrestling?

The discord groups are especially a question mark for me. They invite people that they like to talk about similar views on wrestling. Wouldn't that make them an eco chamber for their way of thinking?

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Legit question to you guys. Not trying to be a dick. What is the point of being on this forum, and at the same time being a member on other wrestling forums, and other discord groups where you just talk about wrestling?

The discord groups are especially a question mark for me. They invite people that they like to talk about similar views on wrestling. Wouldn't that make them an eco chamber for their way of thinking?
Fun banter and getting to know cool people. Sometimes different discussions can arise that don't happen here. Talking when others are online also can be fun.

·
Premium Member
Babyface
9,956 Posts

I'm not a member of any other forums but I like the Discord because a lot of my banned friends are on there plus nobody is trying to one up me over there for laughs or anything like that.

It's not an echo chamber, Brad is the guy that sends most of the invites and to my knowledge he just picks people he deems intelligent and respectful wrestling fans. At the height of the Angry Aussies we actually wanted Prosper to join simply because he's an intelligent and respectful poster.

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
5,846 Posts

Thing is why all disagree on quite a few things though, we don't all agree on everything.

·
Hardcore Casual
2,280 Posts

I can only speak for the one Discord I'm a part of, but rarely participate it.

1. It ostensibly makes a good replacement for the missing chat feature during weekly shows and PPVs. To be honest, I find instant messaging more immersive and gratifying when discussing live events than bulletin board- or forum-style threads. Although being honest, that Discord is dead most of the time during any live event and people rarely say anything interesting lmao. Doesn't mean the medium isn't good though.
2. There are a lot of different characters and opinions about wrestling, and sometimes it's even personal. Just one example: there are a lot people in the Discord that find @DammitChrist really endearing ( 👩‍❤️‍👨 ), while others find him insufferably annoying ( :sick: ).
3. Whoever's in charge of it seems to invite (or at least welcome) almost anybody but the biggest douchebags. Think of that list of people who tread the line of constant banning or the most obvious rejoiners. The forum lacks any real security, whereas Discord provides that.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
12,079 Posts

i joined this forum and one other about a year apart. Just different discussions and different people. I consider some of the people I’ve met in these forums e-friends and have known them for many years, got them on FB, not all post in the same forum, so, I like to hang out at both. It’s just something to do during my work hours mostly and to pop in here and there at other times. I don’t have anyone to talk wrestling either irl except 1 person who has since stopped watching, so, I usually just get him in the loop as he’s still interested slightly in who’s signed where, that kind of thing, just not in to watching it because, well, it’s pretty stupid (WWE) and he just isn’t interested in AEW for some reason.

The discord I’m in (not the WF one apparently everyone else is in), I’m barely ever in there at all, just make an appearance once in a blue moon to say hi as I like many of the people in it. I’m not really a chat room kinda person.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
20,981 Posts
What is it with users who have Vince Russo avatars they end up being complete twats? It’s been like this here for years.

Bonus points for them saying ‘workrate’ ‘flippy’ and ‘stars’ every fucking five minutes.

Absolute boring cunts.
You answered your own question.

Vince Russo

901 - 920 of 1821 Posts